HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Management and Coaching Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
I'll turn on Murray if Bylsma isn't fired before next season.

Old
03-05-2017, 07:45 PM
TheStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I'm already starting to. Guy makes a lot of odd decisions. That and he seems to hate the Sabres minor league team for some reason.

Old
03-05-2017, 07:47 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

So I've been busy for about a week and just checking in after watching the Pens game (Pens feed). I see dotcommunism has started a new thread which shall be the only thread where clamoring for firing coah or GM should be made.

Bylsma should be fired post-haste. Faceoff is 22 hours since the preceding night. You're up 3-0 after 1 pd on the road in the second game of a back-to-back after traveling the night before. The goalie is swapped out and gets hot. You know you're going to get a home-job from the refs to try to get the Pens back in it. And yet you stop pressing and instead shell.

If this past week wasn't the last straw, then I don't know what it will take.

Old
03-05-2017, 07:51 PM
SabresFan26

I feel like this quote sums up both Murray and Bylsma (and to some extent Pegula).

"Failure is not fatal, but failing to change might be." - John Wooden

For Bylsma, if he doesn't change his approach and systems, for Murray to address the defense, go more towards a skating puck possession team, and get Bylsma to change, and Pegula for his management structures of both sports organizations (although I am sure he is learning from his first few experiences)

Last edited by SabresFan26: 03-06-2017 at 06:19 AM.
Old
03-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Hopefully a clear minded assessment in the offseason will produce the result everyone knows is needed

I'm fine waiting until the offseason. Hopefully, Murray is just giving Bylsma more rope to hang himself with.

Old
03-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Aladyyn
eyes up

If tonight is the nail in Bylsma's coffin I won't mind in the slightest.

Old
03-05-2017, 07:59 PM
slip

Quote:
"Injuries" + "I didn't do enough to build the blueline" = GMTM setting the stage for Bylsma's return next year, IMO.

Old
03-05-2017, 07:59 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Hopefully a clear minded assessment in the offseason will produce the result everyone knows is needed

I'm fine waiting until the offseason. Hopefully, Murray is just giving Bylsma more rope to hang himself with.
Exact thoughts ....

Old
03-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Sabre Dance
Goals not pull-ups

Quote:
The X factor is the Pegulas. I just don't think they keep Bylsma. Too many players are at odds with him and the team isn't winning like they expected.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:04 PM
flashsabre

Quote:

There will probably be an interesting meeting between Murray and Pegula. Can you eat the final 3 years of Bylsma's contract? At the end of the day Pegula will do it if Murray can convince him it is the right move to take the team to the next level. Or Pegula tells him to fix the defence and let Bylsma have another season with a hopefully healthier team and revamped d corps.

I'm not a fan of Bylsma and would like to see him go. His system for the Amerks and Sabres has not been successful. The PP works because there is so much talent on that 1st unit but 5 on 5 and the PK have been less then stellar and this habit of sitting back and letting multi goal leads slip away is inexcusable.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:06 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashsabre View Post
There will probably be an interesting meeting between Murray and Pegula. Can you eat the final 3 years of Bylsma's contract?.
TPegs doling out nearly 9 million a year for 3 years to FIRED COACHES.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:09 PM
BiPolarBear

Firing Murray would be scary, the Pegulas and Russ Brandon are frightening in how naive and unaware they are of how little they understand about football and hockey. So you fire Murray god knows who they come up with as the next GM, some puppet whose strings Brandon can pull like Whaley.

And Murray who won't be fired for at least another season will get to hire the next coach and look who he came up with last time - Dan Bylsma. I want a top NHL coach and there probably won't be one available so that means an AHL/CHL/NCAA hire - always a risk but I'd go that way before I go with B level NHL retread. Sheldon Keefe.

For all we know Murray was one of the teams who called Boston for permission to talk to Julien, I sure hope so. Surprised there haven't been rumors about who those teams were.

I'd take Ruff back, there are only 2 players on this team that were here when he was fired I think - Ennis and Foligno?

Old
03-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
"Injuries" + "I didn't do enough to build the blueline" = GMTM setting the stage for Bylsma's return next year, IMO.
I like to hope that was to give no excuses down the stretch. For the room not to quite on the coach.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Aladyyn
eyes up

this is a developing team, process > results

even if bad results are excusable, bad process is not

Old
03-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Doug Prishpreed

Until we have an NHL caliber defense, I don't really give a crap who the coach is. As long as Bylsma isn't ruining their development, I'm fine with him coaching until the roster gets an upgrade, or until a great replacement is available who wants to come to Buffalo.

So no rush to change coaches in my eyes -- although I think nearly everyone in the city is on the same page regarding him decidedly not being the guy to take this team to the next level.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:20 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Tim can't act alone, no chance the Pegulas are signing off on it. They don't want to look like circus owners firing two coaches.

Bylsma is the huge problem, horrible system, not helping young guys, dull and bland, players hate him, he doesn't have their backs either.

Gallant/Hitchcock/ and Capuano made playoffs LAST YEAR, and fired. Status quo is too low.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:22 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Prishpreed View Post
Until we have an NHL caliber defense, I don't really give a crap who the coach is. As long as Bylsma isn't ruining their development, I'm fine with him coaching until the roster gets an upgrade, or until a great replacement is available who wants to come to Buffalo.

So no rush to change coaches in my eyes -- although I think nearly everyone in the city is on the same page regarding him decidedly not being the guy to take this team to the next level.
There's a reason Dan won only 1 cup with a stacked team and didn't make it back to the finals even once, couldn't medal with an Olympic team and went unemployed. He's garbage, the Pegulas were the masterminds behind a 5 year deal and we are stuck with a washed up statue behind the bench.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:22 PM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre Dance View Post
That's not good. He is my Bylsma replacement.
I don't WANT him here. I've said in other threads that if Bylsma does get ashcanned, Erie Otters HC Kris Knoblauch should be the new bench boss. His record with the Otters speaks for itself.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Doug Prishpreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
There's a reason Dan won only 1 cup with a stacked team and didn't make it back to the finals even once, couldn't medal with an Olympic team and went unemployed. He's garbage, the Pegulas were the masterminds behind a 5 year deal and we are stuck with a washed up statue behind the bench.
I dont disagree but that has nothing to do with my post.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:28 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Tim can't act alone, no chance the Pegulas are signing off on it. They don't want to look like circus owners firing two coaches.

Bylsma is the huge problem, horrible system, not helping young guys, dull and bland, players hate him, he doesn't have their backs either.

Gallant/Hitchcock/ and Capuano made playoffs LAST YEAR, and fired. Status quo is too low.
What the Pegulas do with regards to the Bills should be totally irrelevant, obviously it isn't since they brought snake oil salesman Russ Brandon on board with the Sabres...

If the Pegulas were competent they would fire Murray and Bylsma but we have another season at least of this clown show. At least Murray has a "plan" (like he did with Kulikov), he'll make a trade or signing for D, they'll still suck next year and it'll be blamed on some bogus reason giving Murray yet another season to finish bottom 8. Gee, we are about to pick 4 drafts in a row in the top 8-10 under Murray and this team isn't even close to a playoff squad. What else has to be done before he's fired? Murray has failed plain and simple. Failed with the D, failed with his choice of coaches and he's just a weirdo with the way he acts and the things he says. That whole pee pee slap comment along with him pouting after the McEichel lottery, and not to mention admitting he's obsessed with a hockey player is just way too creepy.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:41 PM
lou955

Definitely need a change going into next season. The thing is, Murray needs to be held accountable, as well (his coach, his failure to put together a representative D). How long does he have to fix the mess for which he is largely responsible?

Old
03-05-2017, 09:50 PM
jvirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladyyn View Post
this is a developing team, process > results

even if bad results are excusable, bad process is not
this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Don't forget the power of the player exit interviews. If the franchise player, his running mate, and a few others vent frustrations to GMTM, that won't be taken lightly. If Bylsma isn't fired over the summer, he'll be on a short leash.

I was a team hockey practice and watched the recording. I knew once they went 1-2-2 and into the shell, it was over. That was at the start of the second period.

Old
03-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Sabre Dance
Goals not pull-ups

I have a question, has anyone ever seen a coach hand over the board to the players during a timeout and have them draw up a play? We have seen this with Eichel and Risto. Seems odd to me.

Old
03-05-2017, 10:13 PM
ThunderD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
I don't WANT him here. I've said in other threads that if Bylsma does get ashcanned, Erie Otters HC Kris Knoblauch should be the new bench boss. His record with the Otters speaks for itself.
How much does his roster speak for his record?

I don't have a beef with Murray. Bylsma seemed like he was hired by someone above Murray. Players don't like him, GM has to give lockerroom pep talks, system sucks, we sit back after 20 minutes, can't hold a lead, PP is the only good thing but that just proves we have winning talent here. Fire the coach, keep the GM.

I also think just the addition of Guhle alone (a Murray pick) will improve the defense next year.

Closed Thread