HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev this Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Kovalev this Season

How mayn poitns will he get..? Typical 70 points or so..?

Or is he really going to flounder in the big city...?

Thanks

Old
10-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax

Thanks

Kovalev's skill level should net him 100+ points, as long as he shoots the puck. He won't get that on this team -- all his great plays are for nothing, as the Rangers don't have enough snipers to finish. Nedved, Carter, Lindros, Hlavac, Rucinsky, and Lundmark are all in the 20-30 goal range skill-wise, TOPS. He creates a dozen scoring chances every game for his linemates, and yet he only has two assists. In his last game, he shot the puck five times out of his 12 shots all year (averages out to 2.4 shots per game, whereas he needs around 250-270 shots to be successful like in his previous Penguin days -- averaging 3.8 shots a game).

I say he ends with around the 70 points, even though he has the ability to dominate and score at least a point per game.

Old
10-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Qubax

Hmm yeah thanks..yeah for him 70 points would be underachieving....

Old
10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
Kovalev's skill level should net him 100+ points, as long as he shoots the puck. He won't get that on this team -- all his great plays are for nothing, as the Rangers don't have enough snipers to finish. Nedved, Carter, Lindros, Hlavac, Rucinsky, and Lundmark are all in the 20-30 goal range skill-wise, TOPS. He creates a dozen scoring chances every game for his linemates, and yet he only has two assists. In his last game, he shot the puck five times out of his 12 shots all year (averages out to 2.4 shots per game, whereas he needs around 250-270 shots to be successful like in his previous Penguin days -- averaging 3.8 shots a game).

I say he ends with around the 70 points, even though he has the ability to dominate and score at least a point per game.
I think he is on a good line. The only thing holding him back now is himself.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:35 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax

Thanks
Even though he's only had 2 assists, he's played very well and has done pretty much everything but finish specially against Atlanta and Florida.

Minimum I expect is 70+ points, wouldn't be surprised if he and Nedved just went on a tear and ended up with 85-95.

Old
10-23-2003, 03:01 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Even though he's only had 2 assists, he's played very well and has done pretty much everything but finish specially against Atlanta and Florida.

Minimum I expect is 70+ points, wouldn't be surprised if he and Nedved just went on a tear and ended up with 85-95.
I agree I think he will do well. I realy like the line. Hlavac dose not seem to be getting talked about much but I think with his buddy Nedved and I can not forget mighty Kovie he will also have a good year.

Closed Thread