HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal MTL/TAM : Theodore for St.Louis.

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2006, 07:59 PM
edallas

vCash: 500
I dont know why Tampa signed St. Louis to such a big contract. To me, he is a really good player but more in the 3.8 to 4 million range. I guess they were just rewarding him being they won the stanley cup while he was the league leading scorer but other than that season he had one 70 point season and the rest of his career was just average and he is 30 years old. Thats not too old but its nowhere near a rookie.

Old
02-09-2006, 08:04 PM
JonQuixote

Theodore would probably fit in nicely in coastal Florida. That senior citizen base could really get behind a balding goalie with performance problems.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Long Sky

why St Louis?

Mtl doen't need the small foward. Here's what I like: Theo and Zednik foe Lecavilier. I know it sounds bad but Tampa gets a goalie and foward and then they resign Richards. Montreal gets a large centerman who once stated he wanted to play in Mtl. It make even be possible for mtl to absorb some salary to make it happen.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:19 PM
gobolt7

When is the trade deadline again?

Old
02-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7

When is the trade deadline again?
Like that's going to save us. If anything, it'll only be the calm before the massive storm of proposals when we hit the offseason.

Old
02-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Ovechkin_mvp

After hearing today's news, I doubt that Theodore is a "tradable" commodity right now. At least, you won't get that much for the guy.

Old
02-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin_mvp
After hearing today's news, I doubt that Theodore is a "tradable" commodity right now. At least, you won't get that much for the guy.
Why? 'Cause he likes to look pretty? We're not opposed to pretty goalies down here!

02-10-2006, 07:05 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Why? 'Cause he likes to look pretty? We're not opposed to pretty goalies down here!
But we are opposed to goalies who cant stop pucks, something Theo has had problems with as of late.

Old
02-10-2006, 07:38 AM
marmarsab
Formerly #13 & Schen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic
I think the Habs would have to send another piece to make it work, some one like

Tampa Gets:
Theo
Zednik

Habs Get:
St Louis
Burke
5th Round Pick 2006
1st Round Pick 2009(if Tampa Resigns Theo in two years)
4th Round Pick 2009(if Tampa does not resign Theo in two years)

Tampa gets a replacement forward for St. Louis and a Goalie.. they also move St Louis's contract. Theo either plays great and they keep him(making the pick and St Louis worth it) or they dump him in 2 years and have spending money.

The Habs get a scoring forward with MVP potential. Burke would backup Huet and a problem in Theo is gone. The first round pick would be a long term investment either to draft with or trade later on.

And than Feaster gets shot for being a dumbass

Old
02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by edallas
I dont know why Tampa signed St. Louis to such a big contract. To me, he is a really good player but more in the 3.8 to 4 million range. I guess they were just rewarding him being they won the stanley cup while he was the league leading scorer but other than that season he had one 70 point season and the rest of his career was just average and he is 30 years old. Thats not too old but its nowhere near a rookie.
Seeing how they just won the Stanley Cup, there was that thing called a lockout and St Louis was the leading scorer, MVP (players and press), & +/- leader, not to mention an exceptionally popular player (louie louie) they basically couldn't NOT resign him. The $$$ were dictated by the Lecavalier deal, IMO. I still have zero problem with the $$$. I wished it were a year or two shorter.

Closed Thread