HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

13 scouts from 12 teams at yesterday's game

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 04:15 PM
kutdacheez

vCash: 500
Here I am . . . out in left field not getting this one at all, either. Mike Comrie started out last year like he was going to have a year like the one two years ago, but he broke his thumb and finished IMHO pretty dismal. Twenty goals??? A minus 18???
At 5' 9" and 175 pounds IMHO he's an even up for Marty Straka. They both had similar numbers last season and are the same size. And, for all you vertically challeged out there THAT'S TOO SMALL. Too small for a team to seriously challege for the Stanley Cup. It's not that there aren't exceptions, there are . . . it's just that you don't have to go looking for the exception. But, that's my opinion, obviously . . . there is a slight change that I could be wrong.

Personally, I'd work to trade Straka somewhere (he makes too much to trade to Edmonton) but I'd be working on that every minute. Second, you guys can have Mike Comrie. No offense to anyone but I'd prefer a center to be more than a smidgen or two larger than a fricken jockey.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:10 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
I'm not sure i like tarnstrom too much as i think he's pretty one-dimensional especially if he has become expendable in pittsburgh, no offense, i know your D-corps is extremely young.

The only D i'd take from the pens are Orpik. Welch, Rosival...Whitney i guess, just not sold on him yet although i hope he lives up to his potential. I know Orpik is a no go, and he won't be moving which is fine, i have no illusions of getting him, Welch i believe would be moved in the right package, or for the right player, is comrie that player? It is hard to say.

I personally would not take tarnstrom becuase of his age, skill-set and contract...

I'm looking for a high-level prospect/an impact player/pick depending on the prospect...

Old
10-23-2003, 05:32 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
I

I'm looking for a high-level prospect/an impact player/pick depending on the prospect...

by impact player, do you mean brian holzinger?

Old
10-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
by impact player, do you mean brian holzinger?
Only if impact player means when he shoots at an open net the puck impacts the post and doesn't go in I think that's what he means, definitely

Wow I've really been on Holzinger for that since it happened.. lol

Old
10-23-2003, 10:03 PM
icarus

I was listening to the broadcast on NHL.com yesterday and your play-by-play man said that Pittsburgh is a common stopover for scouts heading to or from the east coast. He said not to read too much into the number of scouts there. But I guess you guys would know whether this is a common occurence or not.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
I'm not sure i like tarnstrom too much as i think he's pretty one-dimensional especially if he has become expendable in pittsburgh, no offense, i know your D-corps is extremely young.
Tärnström sure must've changed his way over there... Over here he was defensive with a little offensive flair and now he is one-dimensional offensively? Interesting to say the least...

Old
10-24-2003, 04:41 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
I wouldn't care if the pens did this.

Comrie for Rozsival and a 4th.
I surely wouldn't do that.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:48 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I take it you guys don't buy into my Straka / Kraft theories.

:p

Old
10-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov47
I surely wouldn't do that.
You're kidding right?
Or do you mean the Oilers would never do that... (which I agree with)...

Old
10-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
You're kidding right?
Or do you mean the Oilers would never do that... (which I agree with)...
By that, I meant it's just not something that would happen. We are strapped for cash as it is.

From a talent standpoint, obviously it's a no brainer.

Closed Thread