HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu not playing tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 07:33 AM
gted85

vCash: 500
Koivu not playing tonight...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=58074

too bad, I was looking forward to his return...

Old
10-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Darz

DOH!!!!!!!!

Better safe than sorry!

Old
10-23-2003, 07:38 AM
hockey_nut

Bah well... rather he be 100% anyway. (Just score a hat-trick when you get back).

Old
10-23-2003, 07:43 AM
Gros Bill

In related news, Michel Bergeron was seen leaving the Bell Center immediately after wednesday's practice, carrying a crowbar. Coincidence ? You decide. He was quoted as saying "Y'en n'aura pas de porc frais cette année".

Anyone else think that injury was more severe than originally announced?

Old
10-23-2003, 07:53 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
In related news, Michel Bergeron was seen leaving the Bell Center immediately after wednesday's practice, carrying a crowbar. Coincidence ? You decide. He was quoted as saying "Y'en n'aura pas de porc frais cette année".

Quote:
Anyone else think that injury was more severe than originally announced?
Might be. It was announced he would miss 2-4 games and we're now 7 and counting. Doesn't look as bad when the team is winning though. But I would have prefered if they were postponing his return to showcase Perreault for an eventual trade.

Oh well, I hope the Islanders take us too lightly tonight when they learn Koivu is not coming back.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:14 AM
HABitude

Quote:
If anything bad happens to Michel Bergeron because of my thread with the “visage de porc frais”, I'll feel very sorry and I will try to make personal excuses to M. Bergeron.

First of all, that expression “visage de porc frais” only means a sad face, not smiling. That's all, nothing worse, nothing more.

I want you to think twice angry members of this forum. If you do any arm to Bergeron, you may get to jail with assaulting charges. Then you will have a criminal record and every employer check with your social number if you are a criminal before hiring you. And it takes 5 years to ask for a pardon/rehabilitation.

And if this little thing makes you are so angry, think that everything is relative. There is much worse happening in the world. And don't forget, hockey is just ENTERTAINMENT !!
You wanna get angry? Go go Africa or South America. Go see children in Taiwan and India working in plants to make Nikes shoes for a very cheap labor salary.

Or go to any high class golf club meet milionaires and billionnaires having an easy life while they just decided to cut 20% of their labors, leaving the rest of the staff with too much work and stress. These milionnaires are too buzy playing golf, travelling to Bermuda Islands and going to massage/sauna salons.

And there is a lot more to get angry about before Bergeron, a color commentator who have the guts to say what he thinks in a dull world of politically correctness.

Cool man!

Old
10-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Corey

It's easier to predict the date of return from a broken bone than from a partially torn ligament (which is what a sprain is). Someone posted on the tsn site belittling Paul Kariya for not playing with a sprained left wrist. It would be illuminating for that poster to try it himself and see how difficult and painful it would be for someone who shoots left (or right, for that matter).

Old
10-23-2003, 08:15 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggat_10
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=58074

too bad, I was looking forward to his return...
So does Higgins get the spot?

Old
10-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
If anything bad happens to Michel Bergeron because of my thread with the “visage de porc frais”, I'll feel very sorry and I will try to make personal excuses to M. Bergeron.

First of all, that expression “visage de porc frais” only means a sad face, not smiling. That's all, nothing worse, nothing more.

I want you to think twice angry members of this forum. If you do any arm to Bergeron, you may get to jail with assaulting charges. Then you will have a criminal record and every employer check with your social number if you are a criminal before hiring you. And it takes 5 years to ask for a pardon/rehabilitation.

And if this little thing makes you are so angry, think that everything is relative. There is much worse happening in the world. And don't forget, hockey is just ENTERTAINMENT !!
You wanna get angry? Go go Africa or South America. Go see children in Taiwan and India working in plants to make Nikes shoes for a very cheap labor salary.

Or go to any high class golf club meet milionaires and billionnaires having an easy life while they just decided to cut 20% of their labors, leaving the rest of the staff with too much work and stress. These milionnaires are too buzy playing golf, travelling to Bermuda Islands and going to massage/sauna salons.

And there is a lot more to get angry about before Bergeron, a color commentator who have the guts to say what he thinks in a dull world of politically correctness.

Cool man!
Easy, there, HABitude, it was just a joke, and I'm sure most ppl will see it that way too. And where did you see anger in that post ?

Old
10-23-2003, 08:32 AM
habsfan19

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...t=LNHCAN#90209

Sundstrom will be on 4th line
and Hainsey will play instead of Bouillon

should be a good game tonight

Old
10-23-2003, 08:37 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Easy, there, HABitude, it was just a joke, and I'm sure most ppl will see it that way too. And where did you see anger in that post ?
Not that there was anger with your post, I tought Bergeron was carrying a crowbar to protect him from angry fans, your post seemed to be informative, not angry.

I know some posters here are young (between 15-22), they sometimes doesn't have their 2 feet on the ground and give too much importance to entertainment like hockey.

But were you saying Bergeron was protecting himself against players?

Old
10-23-2003, 09:20 AM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
Why does Saku is not in the lineup? He is the captain AND our best skater, I don't see any reason why he doesn't play. IMO, Gainey prepare something...

Old
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19
http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...t=LNHCAN#90209

Sundstrom will be on 4th line
and Hainsey will play instead of Bouillon

should be a good game tonight
it will be nice to see Hainsey in the lineup....he needs to step up his game

Sundstrom Begin Ward...fourth line works for me

Old
mcphee

Let me be the voice of reason [a role I'm not accustomed to]. Bill was joking, by saying that Bergeron took a crowbar to him much like Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan. I hope that I am safe in saying that no one wishes any harm to Bergeron , Koivu or anyone else. Bill, I thought it was a good joke. Habitude, you usually have a pretty good sense of humor, must be a bad day. For the record, I live in a Nike free zone.My kids would never wear their logo unless paid a princely sum to do so.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:24 AM
deandebean

Whaaatttt? He felt good yesterday before they announced that he was playing on the 4th line, now he doesn't feel so good? Weird to say the least. He felt good allllllll freaking week and today he doesn't?

Old
10-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Let me be the voice of reason [a role I'm not accustomed to]. Bill was joking, by saying that Bergeron took a crowbar to him much like Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan. I hope that I am safe in saying that no one wishes any harm to Bergeron , Koivu or anyone else. Bill, I thought it was a good joke. Habitude, you usually have a pretty good sense of humor, must be a bad day. For the record, I live in a Nike free zone.My kids would never wear their logo unless paid a princely sum to do so.
Yeah that's how I got the joke too. Might have been a lot less funny if he in fact was implying Bergeron should seek protection against angry fans, which unless I got it all wrong wasn't the case here.

HABitude I think you took the joke the wrong way because you feel guilty about the thread you started on Bergeron. :p

Don't worry I don't think any fan would be crazy enough to bring his Bergeron hatrid to the physical level. Heck I hate Cherry's guts for what he's saying but I wouldn't even bother writing to him about his offensive ways, much less insult him or get physical with him.

EDIT: What did I just write? Getting physical with Don Cherry? Man now I'll have to drink all day to forget I ever came up with that disturbing thought!

Old
10-23-2003, 09:34 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Whaaatttt? He felt good yesterday before they announced that he was playing on the 4th line, now he doesn't feel so good? Weird to say the least. He felt good allllllll freaking week and today he doesn't?

Something is smelly very poisson here.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
He felt a twinch to his knee during practice and decided to postpone his comeback. If it's true, it was the proper decision. I don't think we should be looking into it too much.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:39 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
He felt a twinch to his knee during practice and decided to postpone his comeback. If it's true, it was the proper decision. I don't think we should be looking into it too much.
agreed...we need Saku 100% healthy when he comes back in the lineup...can't take any chances

Old
10-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Le Gross Pork

vCash:
Attention Koivu Is Playing Tonight!

ATTENTION KOIVU IS PLAYING TONIGHT!

he's playing with himself.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:05 AM
mcphee

Quote:
So are you saying that he doesn't want to play because he will broken in slowly, with less than 1st line minutes ? That's a pretty strong insult on a guy's character. It implies that he puts himself before the team. Is that what you are saying ? Can't be both ways ? I've seen no evidence of 'spoiled child' behaviour in the past. Why the cheapshot ?

Old
10-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Gros Bill

Ah yes, ya gotta love being a Habs’ fan

Habitude : McPhee and and Munchausen are right, I was referring to the Harding-Kerrigan fiasco of a few years ago – sorry if it was misinterpreted.

Munch : you and Don cherry getting physical : this I gotta see !

Finally, something does seem fishy about Koivu’s injury. First, I think it was worse than what the Habs said, and they knew it. Second, is it possible that BG was / is working on a trade, and didn’t want to seem vulnerable (or desperate) with Koivu out of the line-up for a prolonged period? Third, as Cup-starved Habs fans, are we reading too much into that situation? (now that is a distinct possibility).

I can’t wait to see Saku back in the line-up, but I guess we’ll just have to wait a while longer. Better for him to come back at 100 % than risk further injury. For now, I'd just like to see Higgins take his spot in the line-up - the kid's gotta play.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:34 AM
mcphee

Bill, I thought about the trade angle, but why have him in full out practices ? i suspect that Gainey knows his history and said screw this, we can't have him in and out all year. If you feel the slightest twinge, we'd better know about it. He could be looking to trade anyone, including Koivu though and it makes sense to be cautious. I agree about Higgins. If he's only going to be here another week or 2, let's see what he can do.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:40 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
So are you saying that he doesn't want to play because he will broken in slowly, with less than 1st line minutes ? That's a pretty strong insult on a guy's character. It implies that he puts himself before the team. Is that what you are saying ? Can't be both ways ? I've seen no evidence of 'spoiled child' behaviour in the past. Why the cheapshot ?

It's not a cheapshot. It could be a message to the organisation, though. Saku NEVER balked down from a quick return after an injury. He was ready to go this week, right? He wanted to come back against Detroit, but the organisation (more than him) decided it was a no go. Now, they give him the green light. Nothing changed. The guy skated all week, he even did some overtime with the spares. And NOW he feels the twinge? Come on. I've got some swamp land to sell you in the Everglades...

Old
10-23-2003, 10:45 AM
habfan4

Quote:
It's not a cheapshot. It could be a message to the organisation, though. Saku NEVER balked down from a quick return after an injury. He was ready to go this week, right? He wanted to come back against Detroit, but the organisation (more than him) decided it was a no go. Now, they give him the green light. Nothing changed. The guy skated all week, he even did some overtime with the spares. And NOW he feels the twinge? Come on. I've got some swamp land to sell you in the Everglades...
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy.

However, I chalk this decision up to two things, the team is playing well (so no reason to rush back) and, isn't this the same knee that he had surgery on earlier in his career? Call it an overabundance of caution.

Closed Thread