HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ryan Smyth KO'd by one of the dirtiest hits you will ever see (Senior Mens League)

Old
03-14-2017, 03:41 AM
Bounces R Way
Feaster's Beasters

vCash: 500
Just an absolutely moronic hit. Hockey is a dangerous enough sport as it is without guys throwing elbows chin high. Pisses me off seeing someone get hurt on some gutless chicken **** like that. If he lives in Northern Alberta he'll be getting his ass kicked for that one. Probably not just once either.

Bounces R Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 04:12 AM
loyaltotheend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
How pathetic do you have to be to try to scramble someone's brains in a beer league?
I don't watch Beer League from across the country obviously, but I read it's not the first time he has targeted Smyth with cheap **** like that.

loyaltotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 04:54 AM

Disgusting hit, seen loads of people say this guy literally plays just to hurt people which isn't the way it should be, sadly this kind of thing is so common in beer leagues even here in the UK

88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 05:03 AM
VainGretzky
100 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI90 View Post
Are there any other former pros in the league? I can't imagine that guys would be too thrilled having s guy like this idiot playing in a recreation league.
Sigh go look at past winners and Allan cup and look at all the former players who played in the nhl

VainGretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 06:00 AM
capebretoncanadien

Horrible dirty hit.

Massive facepalm to everyone calling this beer league or rec league.

Hope overall good guy Ryan Smyth is OK.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 06:14 AM
glovesave_35
Name

I know it may be unfair to say but I'm a little surprised former NHL'ers lace 'em up with everyday Joe's in these rec leagues. Seems like they run a big risk of guys taking a run at them like this.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 06:27 AM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I know it may be unfair to say but I'm a little surprised former NHL'ers lace 'em up with everyday Joe's in these rec leagues. Seems like they run a big risk of guys taking a run at them like this.
This is not a rec league.

It's the top level of Canadian senior hockey.

It's not all everyday Joes playing.

Hitting and fighting are commonplace.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Chrisinroch

Aside from the hit; do a lot of former Nhl captains play full contact, competitive mens league in Canada? That seems crazy to me.

Chrisinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 06:40 AM
the edler
Cory Schneider fan

Quote:
I think it can be hard for some people to simply stop doing something they've been doing actively, and put all their focus and energy on, for the last 2025 years. Some athletes suffers with that after their careers are done.

the edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 06:55 AM
missingjibbsclub

Wow massive beer leagues trolley tracks smackdown on Smyth. Head to the dressing room bud you got absolutely cranked.

missingjibbsclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 06:59 AM
lardneau

vCash: 709
As someone whose hockey career ended due to concussions caused by late/illegal checks, I find this a very disturbing hit. Hope Smyth is okay .

Last edited by lardneau: 03-14-2017 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo
lardneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:04 AM
Bileur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
go to w w w. hockey feed.com/videos

Kyle Sheen is a real POS. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=50695

Beyond dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
That should be a criminal assault charge. In a rec league, that's in no way a hockey play.
Agreed. Throw the book at him.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:16 AM
TheTotalPackage

A nobody going out of his way to make a name for himself by knocking out a successful, former NHLer. What an idiot.

TheTotalPackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

This is why you hear a lot of former players say they never play hockey again aftrr hanging them up in the pro leagues.

Disgusting

Warden of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I just don't understand the incentive for Ryan Smyth to put himself at risk by playing with these no talent plugs who would love nothing more than to get the opportunity to brag at work on Monday that they knocked a former NHL player out cold with a check. Now everyone knows this idiots name.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:34 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTotalPackage View Post
A nobody going out of his way to make a name for himself by knocking out a successful, former NHLer. What an idiot.
While I think the hit was disgusting and basically assault (definitely not a hockey play), your statement could be flipped around as a justification as to why the goon did what he did.

An extremely successful former NHLer goes out of his way to steal the spotlight from a bunch of nobodies.

Honestly, why is Smyth playing in this league? I get that former NHLers have played in the past, but it's usually your Pat Falloon types where their career fizzled out too soon and they miss it. How many guys were Olympic champions and NHL All-Stars who made 60+ million in their career? I'll bet Smyth is the only one.

Again, not justifying the hit, but it's already been mentioned that this guy has targeted Smyth before and I would guess it has something to do with what I suggested. Smyth really shouldn't be in this league.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
While I think the hit was disgusting and basically assault (definitely not a hockey play), your statement could be flipped around as a justification as to why the goon did what he did.

An extremely successful former NHLer goes out of his way to steal the spotlight from a bunch of nobodies.

Honestly, why is Smyth playing in this league? I get that former NHLers have played in the past, but it's usually your Pat Falloon types where their career fizzled out too soon and they miss it. How many guys were Olympic champions and NHL All-Stars who made 60+ million in their career? I'll bet Smyth is the only one.

Again, not justifying the hit, but it's already been mentioned that this guy has targeted Smyth before and I would guess it has something to do with what I suggested. Smyth really shouldn't be in this league.
Victim blaming.

Smyth did nothing wrong no matter what way you look at it.

Warden of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:37 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post

He likes playing hockey? It is a game after all. He just happened to make millions playing it. Shouldn't expect to get elbowed in the head away from the play even if it is a checking league

Seanaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:39 AM
BruinsBtn

So many people saying it's a rec league or a beer league.

It's not.

It's full-contact senior men's hockey. It's the highest level of non-pro hockey in Canada.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:42 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
So many people saying it's a rec league or a beer league.

It's not.

It's full-contact senior men's hockey. It's the highest level of non-pro hockey in Canada.
It's seniors hockey not the nhl. He shouldn't be getting an elbow to the head from some psychopath

Also it's better than junior hockey?

Old
03-14-2017, 07:43 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Unfortunately, there are far to many of these types in even the lowest levels of pick up hockey. I have no interested in being cheap shotted by some a$$hat who thinks he's God's gift and out for notches in a belt while playing in a meaningless league.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:45 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden of the North View Post
Victim blaming.

Smyth did nothing wrong no matter what way you look at it.
That's been part of 'hockey culture' at even the highest levels forever.

Perp should be charged and banned from all organized hockey leagues in Canada. Period. No excuses, no exceptions.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
Unfortunately, there are far to many of these types in even the lowest levels of pick up hockey. I have no interested in being cheap shotted by some a$$hat who thinks he's God's gift and out for notches in a belt while playing in a meaningless league.
Ah my friend got assaulted for calling a guy out umping slow pitch. These dummies ruin everything for everyone else.

Old
03-14-2017, 07:51 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
They play summer hockey too during the offseason. George Laraque is weirdly competitive playing beer league hockey.

But most of them play hockey during the offseason to stay in somewhat shape and have fun playing with friends and stuff.

In an interview hemsky said he was excited for when he retires because he will be able to dominate all his old friends playing rec

In the end it's probably a game most of them love they happened to get paid an absurd amount of money for being good at.

Old
03-14-2017, 07:53 AM
AD1066

People like that should be prohibited from participating in any form of organized hockey.

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote