HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ryan Smyth KO'd by one of the dirtiest hits you will ever see (Senior Mens League)

Old
03-14-2017, 07:54 AM
BsEuphoria
The Future

vCash: 500
That POS better get whats coming to him. How the hell did the bench not clear?

BsEuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:54 AM
TheTotalPackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
While I think the hit was disgusting and basically assault (definitely not a hockey play), your statement could be flipped around as a justification as to why the goon did what he did.

An extremely successful former NHLer goes out of his way to steal the spotlight from a bunch of nobodies.

Honestly, why is Smyth playing in this league? I get that former NHLers have played in the past, but it's usually your Pat Falloon types where their career fizzled out too soon and they miss it. How many guys were Olympic champions and NHL All-Stars who made 60+ million in their career? I'll bet Smyth is the only one.

Again, not justifying the hit, but it's already been mentioned that this guy has targeted Smyth before and I would guess it has something to do with what I suggested. Smyth really shouldn't be in this league.
I really doubt Smyth of all people is going out of his way to steal the spotlight. He just wants to play hockey. If not this league, then where? It's not like there is a league for former NHLers that exists yet.

These guys should be privileged that a former NHLer with 60+ million in earnings is playing with them.

TheTotalPackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:59 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
That's pathetic. Sure, it's a competitive senior league, but it's not like you're there to showcase yourself for the AHL or NHL or Europe. This is basically the 'last stop' for older competitive players, not a stepping stone.

Disgusting hit. That guy should be tossed from the league.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:59 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisinroch View Post
Aside from the hit; do a lot of former Nhl captains play full contact, competitive mens league in Canada? That seems crazy to me.
He was only a Captain for a day. But why not it's not like they have to work day jobs if they didn't lose all their money. The other guys having to go to work the next day in a contact league are crazier to me

Seanaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:01 AM
WTFMAN99

Probably more my style then Smyth's but next time I play I am definitely slew footing him and then just cross checking him in the mouth repeatedly. No difference in my eyes.

WTFMAN99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:11 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensha View Post
Its beer league hockey.
This is not really beer league. It's some of the best men's hockey in Canada. Take a look at the stony plain eagles roster and where the guys have played.

That said, it's worse than beer league for dirtiness and fighting.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
This is not really beer league. It's some of the best men's hockey in Canada. Take a look at the stony plain eagles roster and where the guys have played.

It's senior still. But junior C is probably the worst for fighting and dirtiness. Guys that think they can still make the nhl if they kill someone

Old
03-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Quote:

The point is its not a pro league and for the most part these guys have jobs to go to.

Warden of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:17 AM
Esq
barred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Hunter on Turgeon 2.0
Yeah, not even close.

Esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Esq
barred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I just don't understand the incentive for Ryan Smyth to put himself at risk by playing with these no talent plugs who would love nothing more than to get the opportunity to brag at work on Monday that they knocked a former NHL player out cold with a check. Now everyone knows this idiots name.
This. Can't even imagine why Smyth is even out there.

Esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:22 AM
Skinnyjimmy08
WorldTraveler

why is Smyth even playing. That league is full of dummy's and Sheen has accomplished what he set out to do.... you know hes keeping an eye on youtube and seeing how many views he gets and looking out for this clip on all sports shows

heck hes probably reading this thread and laughing his ass off too

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:24 AM
karnige
Real Life FTL

man that's ****ing horrible. hard to watch. elbow straight to the head.

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:26 AM
Kodiak64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esq View Post
This. Can't even imagine why Smyth is even out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
why is Smyth even playing. That league is full of dummy's and Sheen has accomplished what he set out to do.... you know hes keeping an eye on youtube and seeing how many views he gets and looking out for this clip on all sports shows
Because he loves the game? Just because he recognized the fact that he can no longer keep up at the NHL level doesn't mean he doesn't want to still play hockey.

Kodiak64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Skinnyjimmy08
WorldTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak64 View Post
Because he loves the game? Just because he recognized the fact that he can no longer keep up at the NHL level doesn't mean he doesn't want to still play hockey.
well then he is playing with fire every time he steps on the ice cause there will be dummies gunning for him like this every game. I use to play soccer with a guy in the summer that played in the NHL and the amount of people gunning for him on the soccer field was insane. He ended up quitting after the 10th game or so cause there was atleast 1 person every game with the same agenda as Sheen had

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:31 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden of the North View Post
This is why you hear a lot of former players say they never play hockey again aftrr hanging them up in the pro leagues.

Disgusting
Yep all this does is prevent others from playing in this league, then again it seems that some probably take issue with having a hot shot like Smyth in the league. SO hopefully Smyth does play again and Sheen is banned from mens hockey outright.

Curious if any criminal charges are laid.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:32 AM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
How pathetic do you have to be to try to scramble someone's brains in a beer league?
How pathetic do you have to be to try to scramble someone's brain in any league?

03-14-2017, 08:34 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
well then he is playing with fire every time he steps on the ice cause there will be dummies gunning for him like this every game. I use to play soccer with a guy in the summer that played in the NHL and the amount of people gunning for him on the soccer field was insane. He ended up quitting after the 10th game or so cause there was atleast 1 person every game with the same agenda as Sheen had
Why isn't the league kicking these guys out then?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Torgo

He is @kylesheen83 on twitter if anyone wants to tell him what they think of the hit.

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
He's been a rink rat his entire life. He should be able to play hockey in a seniors men's league without some nutso trying to kill him. He's rich and it's something he likes to do. The sheens are the ones that shouldn't be playing . It's a freaking game.

I've played hockey with alot of ahl and whl players and they are fine they won't kill you if you don't kill them. But I've also played in a real seniors league as a teenage I would never think of checking or even rubbing out the 80 year olds

Old
03-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
How pathetic do you have to be to try to scramble someone's brain in any league?
The money at least makes sence for the nhl back when they had enforcers and concussions didn't exist

Old
03-14-2017, 08:38 AM
the edler
Cory Schneider fan

Quote:
Yeah, Jamie Lundmark's brother is on that roster. They're world beaters.

the edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Peekay Sooban

What a brutal hit. If the league is smart they would absolutely throw the book at this guy. Having a former star like Ryan Smyth playing in a league like that does wonders for its profile, you don't want to scare away other crowd-drawers from joining up for fear of being constantly headhunted by some no-name goon.

Peekay Sooban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Kodiak64

Quote:
There are guys at every level that want to target their opponents best player. And yeah when you play full contact sports you know you could be hit. Doesn't make a dirty hit okay, and doesn't change the fact that "why even play hockey?" is IMO a silly question. He's playing for the same reason everyone else is.

Kodiak64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:41 AM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether Prodigy View Post
Did Smyth do something? I don't understand how you could do that without being provoked earlier on the play (I'm not saying the hit was deserved).

Vicious hit at full speed to a guy without the puck in a senior league. Holy **** that's bad.
From just that video, it looks like an immediate "retaliation" for the goal Smyth just scored, but I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if Smyth is tearing it up and a lot of guys are frustrated by it.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:42 AM
Seanaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by the edler View Post
Yeah, Jamie Lundmark's brother is on that roster. They're world beaters.
Have def seen more stacked teams tbh of old nhl talent