HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Swedish/Euro Hockey Development Program

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Hank19

vCash: 500
Swedish/Euro Hockey Development Program

Some time ago I read about this European hockey system where the kids don't actually play any games against other teams.
They spend most of their childhood developing individual skills and have the odd interim team scrimmages.

When I coached hockey I spoke with one father who said that he had a son that played AAA Atom hockey. They went to Long Island for a tournament and one of the teams there was from Sweden. It was to be the first ogranized hockey games these kids had ever played.
Everyone expected these kids to get slaughterd but they ended up beating everyone there. This father said that puck handling, passing, skating, shooting skills of these kids was unbelievable.

Does anyone know if this type of system is taught in North America? And if so, what's it called?

Closed Thread