Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
FoxSports Prospect Organizational Rankings

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

I don't know if these are the official HF endorsed ones or just ones using HF as a source.
Quote:
13. Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Joffery Lupul, RW — Lupul is a pure sniper with soft hands a quick release. The member of the Medicine Hat Tigers reminds many scouts of former New York Islanders Great, Mike Bossy.
Ilja Bryzgalov, G — Bryzgalov has great size and certainly takes advantage of that. A stand up goaltender, he loves to challenge shooters to take a shot at him.
Mark Popovic, D — Popovic is a solid defenceman with a great offensive touch that was obvious with his three consecutive 40 point seasons in the Ontario Hockey League. He is the most offensive defenseman in the system.
Ryan Getzlaf, C — Good skater who is beginning to use his size to his advantage. Has excellent offensive skills and is proficient in the face-off circle.
Tim Brent, C — Brent is good on draws and takes care of the check in his own end. Size may be a bit of concern with him, but the emergence of several small highly skilled forwards lately in the NHL should help overcome this concern.
I dunna, middle of the pack makes me feel a little iffy, I figured we would be in the top 10, but then again I'm not sure who we would bump

Old
10-23-2003, 02:54 PM
caliamad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

I don't know if these are the official HF endorsed ones or just ones using HF as a source.

I dunna, middle of the pack makes me feel a little iffy, I figured we would be in the top 10, but then again I'm not sure who we would bump
After these guys and maybe Parenteau, I don't think we're very deep.

I don't know about the kings being #1, they may have good talent, but Ruutu is obviously the best youngster out there.

Lupul will probably no longer be a prospect by end of year, so it will be Getzalf, Popovic, and Bryzgalov, plus whatever lower end 1st rounder we get this year.

Closed Thread