HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills 2017 Offseason: Brandon Beane named GM

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2017, 01:13 PM
makeitburn
PUCKGASM

vCash: 500
is cardale already a bust?

Old
03-28-2017, 01:32 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Too many holes on this roster to spend #10 on a QB that is far from a sure bet.

I'd rather try to get Mahomes on day 2 and roll with Taylor as starter with Mahomes/Jones fighting for the backup spot, with the hope that one of them can eventually be a starter in a couple years (I think we've seen the best Taylor is going to give us).

Old
03-28-2017, 01:37 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
If we pass up on a WR in the first then I overestimated on McDermott. Watkins has shown he cannot stay injury free, even when he plays 16 games like he did as a rookie he still had several nagging injuries. Cannot wait for week 5 for people to ***** about Tyrod when he's throwing to Holmes, Walt Powell, Kolby Listenbee and Philly Brown! Yeah, out of those scrubs there is definitely a legitimate NFL #2 WR

Old
03-28-2017, 01:49 PM
is the answer jesus

If the Bills want to get a WR to play next to Watkins just sign Michael Floyd. He's a good WR with some off the field issues. A one year deal with some incentives in it would likely get it done and then your not wasting a high pick on a WR when you already have a high end WR and RB that will be demanding a lot of touches.

Old
03-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitburn View Post
Can't ever really call a 4th round pick a bust, especially QB.

Old
03-28-2017, 01:53 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cosa Nostra View Post
If we pass up on a WR in the first then I overestimated on McDermott. Watkins has shown he cannot stay injury free, even when he plays 16 games like he did as a rookie he still had several nagging injuries. Cannot wait for week 5 for people to ***** about Tyrod when he's throwing to Holmes, Walt Powell, Kolby Listenbee and Philly Brown! Yeah, out of those scrubs there is definitely a legitimate NFL #2 WR
What if Adams/Hooker/Lattimore fall?

Old
03-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Leelee Phoenix

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, but the odds are against him being a successful starting QB.

Old
03-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Husko

vCash: 165
interesting that McDermott sees Preston and Ragland competing for the MLB position, not staarting along side each other as many thought. Gotta imagine they plan on adding an OLB in free agency or draft. Foster? Peppers at OLB?

Old
03-28-2017, 06:10 PM
Mergus

Quote:
4th round qbs aren't busts, they are expected to never contribute in a meaningful way.

Know of like playing a scratch off, you expect to lose your two dollars, but if you win it is great.

Old
03-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Sabres Captain View Post
Too many holes on this roster to spend #10 on a QB that is far from a sure bet.

I'd rather try to get Mahomes on day 2 and roll with Taylor as starter with Mahomes/Jones fighting for the backup spot, with the hope that one of them can eventually be a starter in a couple years (I think we've seen the best Taylor is going to give us).
I am a big Peterman guy myself, although I wouldn't be opposed to taking Mahomes if he is there in the 2nd (he might not be there).

Old
03-28-2017, 11:38 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
What if Adams/Hooker/Lattimore fall?
Well of course if premier talent like that drops to 10 then of course it's a no brainer and I'm fully behind drafting one of them. Far more likely all 3 are gone (Almost assuredly in the top 7-8 all three are already chosen) and the Bills have Mike Williams or Corey Davis available at 10. If we pass on Williams/Davis to draft a Tabor, White or Humphrey I will be furious. I truly have to believed Coach McDermotts talk is just draft talk because this draft is LOADED with CBs. We will be able to get Ronald Darby level prospects who will have an impact like he did well into the 2nd and 3rd. We are talking day 1 starters all the way into round 3.

There are only 2-3 WRs worthy of a top 15 choice and that's Williams, Davis and possibly Ross. I'm conflicted about the draft. I know we have massive holes and an extra 2nd round pick would be incredible but I'm really enamored with Williams. I think he can be a day 1 franchise WR and top out as guy grabbing 90-100 balls a year and 1200+ yards/double digit tds. I think Davis is right behind him too. Ross has massive potential but I'd prefer a physical guy, we have the speed from Sammy.

If Williams and/or Davis is gone by pick 10 then I am looking to trade down ~5-6 spots and hopefully get a 2nd. If by the time our pick rolls around in the mid/late teens and Ross is gone also along with Williams and Davis then I'd trade down another 5-6 spots picking up another second and targeting JuJu Schuster-Smith. He is my favorite "sleeper" WR I guess you would say. He really isn't a sleeper as he has a late 1st/early 2nd grade but I think he can be one of the best WRs from this draft. Him being from USC doesn't dissuade me he was much better then Lee and Woods were.

So with the trade down scenario if we trade down to the 15-19 range and pick up an extra 2nd and get Ross, then with our 2 2nds I'd be targeting a CB and then a LB. With round 3 I'd go for a safety assuming we add more OL depth in free agency. If we trade down twice in round 1 and have 3 2nds then I'd target CBx2 and a LB. With how our roster is constructed and the fact we lost our 4th due to the Ragland trade it is almost a necessity to trade down. In a deep and good draft like this it's always a smart move but at #10 we have the chance to draft a truly special player. I'm firmly on the Mike Williams at 10 train, even considering the massive holes all throughout the roster. He is going to be a special talent and insurance for 2019 in case Watkins moves on after his rookie deal (though barring him missing a majority of 17-18 I believe we would use the franchise tag on him).

So again, I'm all for WR in round 1, CB in round 2 and LB/S in round 3. Add another lineman in free agency and we should be set there. A guy like Clady cheap would be fantastic. I think Hyde and Poyer are going to play the lions share of minutes at the safety positions so barring Hooker or Adams dropping I think we will forego safety. I don't want to wait til round 2 for a WR and get a Justin Hardy/Robert Woods type prospect. If we can get an elite WR prospect at 10 pull the trigger. There is nothing to feel bad about drafting Williams at #10. Clemson is an absolute WR factory as of late producing star WRs like DeAndre Hopkins and Sammy and a solid WR like Martavis Bryant. We have had a strong pipeline with Clemson drafting several players from there and I could see us using our 3rd first rounder in a row on a player from Clemson. If Williams hits his full potential he can be an AJ Green/Mike Evans level receiver. That sounds great to me. Tyrod has never had 2 legit stud WRs, giving him a big strong option like that will do wonders for the passing game. Having Watkins utilizing his speed, Williams and Clay using their size up the middle and Shady in the backfield could result in a nice season for Tyrod.

I am cool on a QB this draft. Tyrod is here for at least this upcoming season if not 2018 also. None of the QBs in this draft are franchise type QBs. I'll wait until the 2018 draft. If there is a stud QB prospect available with either our pick or a few spots ahead of us and he was a can't miss prospect then I'd be fine with a Wentz or Goff type trade. But only on a QB prospect who is as close to a sure thing as there can be. If it costs the 2019+2020 1st and 2019 2nd to move up so be it. If it's truly a franchise level QB prospect then I'd gladly package 3 1sts for it. That would be a scenario where a team like the Rams, Colts, etc teams that have their young franchise QBs and finished with a top pick. Obviously a QB needy team isn't trading out of that pick.

Old
03-29-2017, 06:49 AM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

One problem with taking a WR, you need a QB who can get them the ball.

Old
03-29-2017, 07:07 AM
Mergus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
One problem with taking a WR, you need a QB who can get them the ball.
Unless we are drafting a slot receiver, it shouldn't be a problem. Tyrod hasn't really had a problem hitting guys on the outside when they are healthy.

I know we all wish he was a top 5 QB who could make any receiver great, but let's be realistic. There aren't many QB's who are going to have eye popping numbers with Woods, Goodwin, and Hunter as your top 3 receivers.

We all know Tyrod has his warts, but jesus. Some people on this forum talk about him like he is another EJ, Losman, *insert godawful QB name here.

Old
03-29-2017, 07:21 AM
26CornerBlitz

03-29-2017, 08:36 AM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
Unless we are drafting a slot receiver, it shouldn't be a problem. Tyrod hasn't really had a problem hitting guys on the outside when they are healthy.

I know we all wish he was a top 5 QB who could make any receiver great, but let's be realistic. There aren't many QB's who are going to have eye popping numbers with Woods, Goodwin, and Hunter as your top 3 receivers.

We all know Tyrod has his warts, but jesus. Some people on this forum talk about him like he is another EJ, Losman, *insert godawful QB name here.
I don't think he's a bad QB, I just think it's a misuse of a high asset when we don't have a prolific passing offense, kind of like taking a guard or fb too high would.

Old
03-29-2017, 09:23 AM
Leelee Phoenix

The Bills not having a prolific passing offense under Tyrod is mostly due to their scheme. I think seeing what he does under another regime is prudent before labeling him too much. We know his flaws, but statistically, he's definitely good enough to be QB on a playoff team.

Old
03-29-2017, 10:34 AM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
I don't think he's a bad QB, I just think it's a misuse of a high asset when we don't have a prolific passing offense, kind of like taking a guard or fb too high would.
One thing I'm coming to grips with is that #10 is not a particularly high asset. The historical bust rate is pretty high in this range. The type of player available there is not that different than what is available every year in the 10-25 range. We should be happy with a quality starter at a position of need, regardless of what type of preconceived notions of style we might have w.r.t. the 2017 team.

There are only 3 players that I would be extremely disappointed to pass up (Garrett, Adams, Hooker), and no one thinks they last until #10 anyways. If their board says that Davis is the best remaining when #10 comes up, I'm not going to nitpick about Foster or Reddick or Peppers.

Old
03-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Leelee Phoenix

Hooker might drop to 10 with his injury concerns. I think Adams was always the top safety, anyway.

Old
03-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Jim Bob
....Rebooting....

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...ayouts-players

Gotta love lawyers that only care about making a buck...

Old
03-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Leelee Phoenix

>Lawyers
>ESPN
>Anyone that doesn't care about making a buck

Old
03-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Leelee Phoenix

Quote:
“I feel good about it, I really do,” McDermott said about his current wide receiver corps, then adding he believes the number two is on the roster. “I do and that will be fun to watch that battle throughout the offseason and preseason and training camp, I do. Who that is remains to be seen, but I believe he's on the roster. And a lot of times when you look at it, a lot of times the answer is on your roster. And that will be the fun part of finding out for me, when we get to phase two (of offseason workouts), where we can get on the field, and the voluntary minicamp that we have. That extra minicamp. And that's going to be an interesting three days for us and really evaluating our roster, and strategically setting up the draft, giving us some final answers before we head into that draft the next weekend.”
It's the season of BS, but this is concerning.

Old
03-30-2017, 03:28 PM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

i don't know, a lot of the big numbers in that article seem to be pretty standard stuff, certainly some slimy dealings going on in there but a bit on the sensationalized end, ambulance chasers is nothing new

1L civil procedure is full of cases of people who signed 30-40% contingency fees and were angry when the attorney tried to collect on them, the joke was "rule 1 of federal civil procedure is that the attorney gets paid"

i havent taken class actions so i have no idea what the side pot for the attorneys is all about, I was under the impression that any firm that worked on the case would apportion their share from the contingency at lead counsels expense, and the extra 5% seems really wierd

Old
03-31-2017, 03:18 PM
jvirk

I hope they trade down and acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Go CB, WR, S

Old
03-31-2017, 06:33 PM
missingmika

Jordan cut by the Dolphins. Who has the most 1st round busts in the AFC east the past 10 years?

Old
03-31-2017, 10:35 PM
Leelee Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmika View Post
Jordan cut by the Dolphins. Who has the most 1st round busts in the AFC east the past 10 years?
Jets. Milliner and Gholston, among the biggest busts ever. Coples is basically out of the league now. Pryor is a serviceable player, but such a dumb pick. Kyle Wilson, I forgot he existed.

Closed Thread