HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Disinterest in the Devils?

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

vCash: 500
even as an Islanders fan I can tell you traffic is hell. But I went to a Devils game once, sort of. Halfway on the ride there, I said to my friend, forget this, let's go find some women. We wrote a complaint to Lou the next day. Jersey women aren't that pretty either ;\ ahem

Old
11-14-2003, 07:36 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I think it was a mistake to relocate from colorado in the first place. I agree that NJD should be at the top of the list for relocation...
How about Toronto ? they could use a cup
OR perhaps Seattle since they seem to support the other major sports towns.
Houston is also a huge market.

Having seen hockey at the meadowlands I can tell you when the play philly, rangers, islanders, bruins the stands are full of the other teams jersey. In a rink defending the stanley cup... its just wrong

furthermore should the NHL ever truly decide to prevent the trap and the devils have to adapt, it would be interesting if the attendance picked up for firewagon hockey or not. Methinks not.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Stephen

New Jersey's just a mediocre hockey market. Great organization with no real history of support because of the other more established teams in the area. They shouldn't be relocated, but they'll never be one of the sexier teams. Didn't they celebrate their championships in their parking lot?

Old
11-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo
Having seen hockey at the meadowlands I can tell you when the play philly, rangers, islanders, bruins the stands are full of the other teams jersey. In a rink defending the stanley cup... its just wrong
It's actually about half and half. Oh, and that's for the Rangers and Flyers. Isles and Bruins? I don't know where you're getting that from. In any case, The Rangers and Flyers tickets always sell out, so it's not a big deal. People say that the Devils will never survive if they don't win. I feel that they will. One reason that regular season games aren't big sellers is because the Devils are expected to make the playoffs. A lot of fans (including me) save their nickels for round 2 game 5. Ranger fans don't have that option, so they go to the regular season games.

Seriously... you're a Devils fan. It's Thursday night and the Florida Panthers are in town. Are you going to plunk down $200+ for two tickets, parking, and a couple beers? No way.

Old
11-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

If it wasn't for Seaside Heights and Atlantic City, Jersey would be the single most bankrupt place on earth.

Closed Thread