Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keeping Players out of Canadian Junior Leagues

Old
03-28-2017, 03:22 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I have no problem if average & under average Russian prospects moving to NA to try their luck. I have problem with elite Russian prospects doing this - they would get their KHL chance, 100%. Talking "I would sit on bench in KHL" is weak excuse.
For goalies I don't think it's a weak excuse. Goalies need to play.
A team like Severstal should have 80% of players in roster under 23.

03-28-2017, 04:36 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
While of course there is the problem of the agents and the "american dream" that can work only for uneducated people as someone else said, my opinion is also that young players don't have enough chances in many cases.
The KHL should give the teams a much harder limit on number of (full-time) roster players (I think that at this point CSKA and SKA have 100 players in roster combined) so to achieve two things: 1) players will be more spread with the different clubs and 2) young players will have more space.
If you let young players play, they'll stay. Of course, not them all, but a good percentage.
And teams should have more long-term goals. There's no need for a team like severstal to change coach three times a year, signing veteran players and trashing money on expensive foreign players. Have for 3 years a young team, rebuild, they showed they can produce good players (buchnevich, shipachyov, ketov, kiselevich, chudinov) and then we'll see.

Look at what Bardin told me last week: http://thehockeywriters.com/behind-t...ikhail-berdin/

THW: After the season with Team Russia U18 you moved overseas. How did it all happen?

MB: I started the season with Severstal, but I wasnít given a chance to play in the KHL, therefore I decided to continue my career in North America.

and

THW: Playing in the USHL you probably donít have many chances to be noticed by national team scouts. You werenít called by Valeri Bragin to the Canada-Russia series.

MB: Well, what kind of chances would I have got if I spent the whole season in the KHL without getting any ice time?
Well, it is not like Berdin would be warming the bench as a back-up in the KHL, probably would be a starter guy in MHL. Not exactly a perfect solution (a perfect solution, imo, would be a VHL role similar to Sukhachyov), but not like he wouldn't play at all.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
HFB Partner

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Well, it is not like Berdin would be warming the bench as a back-up in the KHL, probably would be a starter guy in MHL. Not exactly a perfect solution (a perfect solution, imo, would be a VHL role similar to Sukhachyov), but not like he wouldn't play at all.
Well probably he was a big-head once he was the starter for the U18 and thought he was "too cool" to play MHL. He may have a point, though, I think he's an excellent young goalie and it seems that he is having a good season.
But Berdin was just an example.
What do you think of the rest of my post?

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2017, 02:24 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Well probably he was a big-head once he was the starter for the U18 and thought he was "too cool" to play MHL. He may have a point, though, I think he's an excellent young goalie and it seems that he is having a good season.
But Berdin was just an example.
What do you think of the rest of my post?
To be honest, I don't see the issue here (not saying there isn't an issue though), I mean, if we take both SKA and CSKA, they are doing well in giving their top younger players VHL time. Also returning to Berdin's issue - I think he could've played in VHL, but Izhstal has other goalies (I guess it is because of Izhstal not being a full-time affiliate), so here we have a case when MHL-to-VHL chain is not working properly.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Yakushev72

Perhaps a way to fight the trend of overseas flight is to improve the training regimen in the MHL. The MHL/KHL could exercise the option of toughening and strengthening their training regime with the goal of developing more complete, skilled hockey prospects better able to compete for the best pro jobs. After all, there are a lot of veterans of the Soviet era still around who could advise on the training methods that helped them develop the remarkable skill, conditioning, teamwork and other attributes that made them so great.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Atas2000

Well, now the IIHF should just ban every player playng in NA from ALL IIHF events for 10 years at least.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 03:21 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Perhaps a way to fight the trend of overseas flight is to improve the training regimen in the MHL. The MHL/KHL could exercise the option of toughening and strengthening their training regime with the goal of developing more complete, skilled hockey prospects better able to compete for the best pro jobs. After all, there are a lot of veterans of the Soviet era still around who could advise on the training methods that helped them develop the remarkable skill, conditioning, teamwork and other attributes that made them so great.
They want to do it & not only in MHL but also in kid hockey

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote