HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Winner! - Caps vs Preds

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
Great win; not the most exciting game to be at and I hope Watson is alive after that thrashing by Wilson, but it's the first time the Perds have won at the VC since I've been attending in DC. I think there were about 12 Preds fans total at the arena; standing up and clapping at Arvi's OT GWG was a mildly awkward experience.

Old
03-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Great win; not the most exciting game to be at and I hope Watson is alive after that thrashing by Wilson, but it's the first time the Perds have won at the VC since I've been attending in DC. I think there were about 12 Preds fans total at the arena; standing up and clapping at Arvi's OT GWG was a mildly awkward experience.
I remember being at a game in Florida and Bouillon scored in OT and it was awkward for me to get up and cheer for it, but I accounted for about 10% of the total crowd so it wasn't a huge deal.

Old
03-17-2017, 10:04 AM
nomorekids
The original, baby

Sheesh, the fourth line and third pair struggled last night. The Caps were getting the Kuznetzov line out against 7\52 as much as they could, and it was ugly.

03-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Preds33

Quote:
So was this only your second time there seeing the Preds? They swept them two years ago. The Preds have won 4 out of 6 against Trotz. Each season has been a sweep by us or them.

Old
03-17-2017, 10:55 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Sheesh, the fourth line and third pair struggled last night. The Caps were getting the Kuznetzov line out against 7\52 as much as they could, and it was ugly.
not disagreeing at all, but it felt much worse than it was honestly because WSH seemed to have so much zone time with the third pair or the 4th line out there.

but surprisngly, that didn't really result in many more shots against those guys when they were on ice, especially the third pairing.

for example,
..irwin was only on ice for 3 shots against in his 10:10 minutes of icetime
..weber on ice for only 2 shots against (both in the third period) in 12:21

the 4th line however was definitely worse
..mcleod on ice for 5 shots against in 10:22
..sissons on ice for 5 shots against (the same 5, 3 in first, 2 in 2nd) in 11:43

i think the wilson shot in the slot and immediate rebound 2nd shot there in the first is what made them all so noticable.

Old
03-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
So was this only your second time there seeing the Preds? They swept them two years ago. The Preds have won 4 out of 6 against Trotz. Each season has been a sweep by us or them.
Think it was the 4th time; my memory is going apparently

Old
03-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Well there was that one in WSH where we were up and they came back in the third...we still won but it was kind of hairy there.

Old
03-17-2017, 12:27 PM
nomorekids
The original, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
not disagreeing at all, but it felt much worse than it was honestly because WSH seemed to have so much zone time with the third pair or the 4th line out there.

but surprisngly, that didn't really result in many more shots against those guys when they were on ice, especially the third pairing.

for example,
..irwin was only on ice for 3 shots against in his 10:10 minutes of icetime
..weber on ice for only 2 shots against (both in the third period) in 12:21

the 4th line however was definitely worse
..mcleod on ice for 5 shots against in 10:22
..sissons on ice for 5 shots against (the same 5, 3 in first, 2 in 2nd) in 11:43

i think the wilson shot in the slot and immediate rebound 2nd shot there in the first is what made them all so noticable.
Yeah, I think it was just the inability to clear the zone. Irwin 48% adjusted corsi, Weber 46 -- both team-worst on the defense.

Old
03-17-2017, 12:52 PM
MrJoshua

What a luxury having two D pairs that can play 25+ minutes a night. I'll be kind of surprised if the third pair sees more than 5-6 minutes a game in the playoffs, barring OT. Bump the other guys up to 27-28 minutes per game and let the top 4 carry almost the entire load.

Old
03-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Pred303

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Yeah, I think it was just the inability to clear the zone. Irwin 48% adjusted corsi, Weber 46 -- both team-worst on the defense.
i believe that nomore, felt bad every time them or the 4th line was out all night.

Old
03-17-2017, 05:58 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 100
Quote:
Watson deserves major kudos for basically agreeing to do whatever the club wanted him to do to keep a spot. I'm sure when he was drafted in the first round he didn't see himself earning his paycheck as a punching bag but he's answered the bell time and again.

03-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

A little late to the party, but I just have to say I absolutely LOVED the way we played. A perfect road game. Tight-checking defense, Rinne didn't have to be excellent. The defense did come at the expense of offense but if we can win these kind of battles, that's the way we should play at least on the road. As long as the W comes.

The Caps are best team-defending team in the league and they have the best DFD defense in the league. We have the best OFD.

Closed Thread