HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Dinamo Riga 17/18 - Predicted Gargarin Cup Champions!

Old
07-03-2017, 10:58 AM
SoundAndFury

vCash: 500
Nerijus AliĊĦauskas confirmed he's on tryout with Riga for a month. As a Lithuanian and a human being, very happy for him, he absolutely deserves the chance to fulfill the dream. As a Lithuanian hockey fan, would like to see him play big role in a league like EBEL rather than bottom pair for the KHL team. So lets see how the tryout goes.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2017, 02:41 PM
SoundAndFury

Another bunch of players confirmed on try-out, Jevpalovs should get a deal, others shouldn't.

Old
07-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Rigafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Another bunch of players confirmed on try-out, Jevpalovs should get a deal, others shouldn't.
I agree with both your statements!

Rigafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2017, 01:37 AM
HockeyBeherit
Rookie User

This may be dumb and irrelevant, but I'd quite like to hear opinions about this from people of Rīga and Latvia. I think this is the best place.

See, I'm a young person studying business in Finland. In Oct, we're having a two months period of placement, where we are supposed to work in an office, possibly doing even actual financial stuff.

The thing is, my dream is to be a hockey (office) professional in one point of my career. And with the internationality program of my school, I would have funding to go abroad, which would of course be an amazing experience.

So my question is; would it be worth anything contacting the Dinamo office? What is the culture of students in real jobs in Latvia? What are the odds of them even answering me?

If this is a wrong place to ask this, please feel free to adress that. I'll be unbelieably thankful for responses. I've literally thought this in my head for weeks.

HockeyBeherit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2017, 02:58 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBeherit View Post
This may be dumb and irrelevant, but I'd quite like to hear opinions about this from people of Rīga and Latvia. I think this is the best place.

See, I'm a young person studying business in Finland. In Oct, we're having a two months period of placement, where we are supposed to work in an office, possibly doing even actual financial stuff.

The thing is, my dream is to be a hockey (office) professional in one point of my career. And with the internationality program of my school, I would have funding to go abroad, which would of course be an amazing experience.

So my question is; would it be worth anything contacting the Dinamo office? What is the culture of students in real jobs in Latvia? What are the odds of them even answering me?

If this is a wrong place to ask this, please feel free to adress that. I'll be unbelieably thankful for responses. I've literally thought this in my head for weeks.
You can try, of course, but don't get your hopes too high, I think there is a certain degree of nepotism here, so if you don't have some connections, the chance of getting something more than a polite "thank you for your interest in the Dinamo Riga team" answer is not too high. But again, I'm pretty sure nothing bad will happen if you try.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2017, 03:20 AM
HockeyBeherit
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
so if you don't have some connections, the chance of getting something more than a polite "thank you for your interest in the Dinamo Riga team" answer is not too high. But again, I'm pretty sure nothing bad will happen if you try.
Can't deny that. The really hard part is, that I don't know anyone in the whole country who could even help me to find a job in Riga, so Dinamo is kind of my only way to connect there. Oh well, maybe I need to use the connections I have and go to Spain or something else boring.

Old
07-06-2017, 04:34 AM
Rigafan

Quote:
Can't deny that. The really hard part is, that I don't know anyone in the whole country who could even help me to find a job in Riga, so Dinamo is kind of my only way to connect there. Oh well, maybe I need to use the connections I have and go to Spain or something else boring.

Try contacting the Lativan league teams first? Smaller operations so they are going to be more personal aren't they. I'd imagine Dinamo would say as mentioned above - unless you manage to get lucky/make some connections!

Good luck

Old
07-06-2017, 05:03 AM
HockeyBeherit
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigafan View Post
Try contacting the Lativan league teams first? Smaller operations so they are going to be more personal aren't they. I'd imagine Dinamo would say as mentioned above - unless you manage to get lucky/make some connections!
Actually wouldn't be a bad idea trying to contact the national league, other than I know nothing about it, but what's a better way to learn it than work for it, eh? I guess there is a team in Riga. Is HK Riga in the Russian minor or in the Latvian national league?

Quote:
Good luck!
Thank you!

Old
07-06-2017, 06:04 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

HK Riga is a junior team of Dinamo Riga, playing Russian MHL. They will play at Junior Club World Cup before the season opener too.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Rigafan

Quote:
Actually wouldn't be a bad idea trying to contact the national league, other than I know nothing about it, but what's a better way to learn it than work for it, eh? I guess there is a team in Riga. Is HK Riga in the Russian minor or in the Latvian national league?

Thank you!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...hp?leagueid=18

list of teams for you. Maybe try contact on Facebook or something?

Old
07-07-2017, 03:40 PM
HockeyBeherit
Rookie User

Quote:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...hp?leagueid=18

list of teams for you. Maybe try contact on Facebook or something?
Thank you so much for help, all of you!

I'll get back to this on Tuesday when I get back home from vacation in the periphery.

Old
07-08-2017, 02:50 PM
HungryFrank

are there any more Latvian players that Dinamo could have (or still can) signed that you would like to see on Dinamo's roster?

HungryFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Rigafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryFrank View Post
are there any more Latvian players that Dinamo could have (or still can) signed that you would like to see on Dinamo's roster?
I'd love Sandis Ozolins to put his skates back on! Other than that a main one is Kaspars Daugavins but he's cashing in in Russia

Old
07-09-2017, 07:26 AM
SoundAndFury

I think from more realistic options - Darzins, Jevpalovs and Rihards Bukarts are ones I'd like to see Dinamo sign.