HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Take it for what it worth- Min-Tampa rumor

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
ppil

vCash: 500
Take it for what it worth- Min-Tampa rumor

Heard on CKAC (radio) minnesota and tampa would be in big negotiation tampa wants a goalie and St-Louis would go the other way...

Old
02-08-2006, 05:02 PM
HockeyCritter

Why o why would anyone never mind Minnesota take on that contract? That's a $5-million plus cap hit for the next five years ...... unless that much in cap hit is going to Tampa I don't see it happening at all.

Old
02-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritter
Why o why would anyone never mind Minnesota take on that contract? That's a $5-million plus cap hit for the next five years ...... unless that much in cap hit is going to Tampa I don't see it happening at all.
I concur

St Louis's contract is one of the worst in the NHL imo and i don't see Minny absorbing the totality of it.

Crappy rumor is u ask me

Old
02-08-2006, 05:26 PM
neelynugs

good timing for it though - GM meetings and TB gives up 7 goals last night

not sure about st.louis - but start the roloson to tampa rumors.

Old
02-08-2006, 05:36 PM
ceber

Well, the Wild certainly have room in the cap. That's an awfully ugly contract, though.

Old
02-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil
Heard on CKAC (radio) minnesota and tampa would be in big negotiation tampa wants a goalie and St-Louis would go the other way...
So...anyone else going to confirm this?

02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
good timing for it though - GM meetings and TB gives up 7 goals last night
And in the 6 games previous to that the Lightning had given up a total of 6 goals including shutouts of the Devils and Flyers. It was the first time in a month they had given up more than 3 goals in a game. One game isn't going to make Feaster panic and get a goalie.

Old
02-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
So...anyone else going to confirm this?
I did heard the same thing.

They are going to talks abuot the rumor in the next minutes.

But it's still nothing more than some whispering for now.

_____

Still makes sense, Minnesota have the cap room and will probably have it for the next few years. St-Louis would makes them make a pinch for the playoffs (even with his underperforming this year) and Roloson or Fernandez would be a good low-cap hit addition to Tampa.

edit: They just finish talking about it. Seems like the rumor is about St-Louis for Roloson or Fernandez + ?? ... As for the rest of the discussion, absolute crap so...

They simply said there was a rumor in the air about this. For all we know, they could have read it on this very forum, or any others, lol.

Last edited by Anksun: 02-08-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old
02-08-2006, 10:20 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
And in the 6 games previous to that the Lightning had given up a total of 6 goals including shutouts of the Devils and Flyers. It was the first time in a month they had given up more than 3 goals in a game. One game isn't going to make Feaster panic and get a goalie.
you are right - one game doesn't make a season. but where there's smoke, there's fire. don't forget when torts slammed the goaltending a few weeks ago. i like grahame, but i don't see either him or burke backstopping a champion. is roloson the answer? i think he's, at the very least, a better option.

Old
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
you are right - one game doesn't make a season. but where there's smoke, there's fire. don't forget when torts slammed the goaltending a few weeks ago. i like grahame, but i don't see either him or burke backstopping a champion. is roloson the answer? i think he's, at the very least, a better option.
And Torts came out and apologized for his comments the next day. It seems to me, that minus last night, Burke and Grahame are both doing quite well.

Old
02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Bluesman

I don't believe this for a moment. St. Louis' age and contract makes him the direct opposite of the types of players this team would look to pick up near the deadline.

It's like something will happen with us and the Bolts, and people are throwing darts at a board to try and figure it out.

Old
02-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
don't forget when torts slammed the goaltending a few weeks ago.
He did that to Khabibulin too, not to mention giving Grahame every chance to take his job. Doesn't mean much in the long run.

Old
02-09-2006, 02:53 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Why isn't Philly rumored to get goaltending? Why is Marty Turco considered good enough for the Stars with the similar numbers as Grahame? 2.49 v. 2.66 GAA, but .898 v. .900 Sv%. 3 Shoutouts v. 5. And yet you hear nary a peep.

Lightning need more goals folks. Trading St Louis won't help that department.

Old
02-09-2006, 04:47 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG
Why isn't Philly rumored to get goaltending? Why is Marty Turco considered good enough for the Stars with the similar numbers as Grahame? 2.49 v. 2.66 GAA, but .898 v. .900 Sv%. 3 Shoutouts v. 5. And yet you hear nary a peep.

Thank you, for understanding what I have been saying for months.

Old
02-09-2006, 05:18 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG

Thought Philly was rumored to be looking at goaltending. Turco's won playoff games before, I would guess is the reason there.

Old
02-09-2006, 05:46 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Thought Philly was rumored to be looking at goaltending. Turco's won playoff games before, I would guess is the reason there.
Yes, I guess I've started hearing Philly's name pop up. And i'm not trying to bash them, just using them as an example.

Old
02-09-2006, 10:54 PM
stanley

The perception is that Tampa's goaltending isn't world-beating, but I don't put much stock in that. They get good goaltending, not the best in the league but I think adequate for now. It's good-value goaltending because they're not paying an arm and leg for it (not that they could afford it since they invested in resigning their big-name forwards). Goaltending is Philly's last problem. They need Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show or some sort of magical waters. It's like a MASH unit.

As for St. Louis's contract, if I were Feaster, I'd move it if I could. However, I'm not Feaster and it's not as though he didn't consider that he'd actually have to pay him and that it would eat up 1/8 or so of his cap space. In other words, I think there are logical reasons why journalists may speculate, but I don't know that the front office is doing the same.

Closed Thread