HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Columbus clinches playoff berth

Old
03-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Sir Loin

vCash: 500
Congrats CBJ fans!

Sir Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:06 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDavyCrockett View Post
Their underlying numbers have them as a middle-of-the-pack team. Bobrovsky is the big difference-maker.

As for talent at all positions, they won't be going anywhere without an elite C.
Yep, and take away Marty and the NJD never win any of their 3 Cups.. what exactly is your point?

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Sam Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmys7 View Post
What's the Pens record against the CBJ this year again?
Back to backs, what goalies started, make the regular season completely irrelevant.

Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:20 PM
major major

Quote:
Their underlying numbers have them as a middle-of-the-pack team. Bobrovsky is the big difference-maker.

As for talent at all positions, they won't be going anywhere without an elite C.
Did I miss something? Is Bobrovsky not playing in the playoffs?

That and people are making too much of the elite forward angle. In the playoffs good matchups can change things. Last time Crosby and Dubinsky went at it for 6 games and came out close to even. I expect Crosby to do better this time but it's very much up in the air.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:24 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I like to watch Duby play against Crosby, so I'm hoping we draw the Pens.. or whomever for that matter. I love playoff hockey and it will be really exciting to see our young club in it. Hawk fan for most of my life but this Blue Jacket team is so workman like, no real stars beyond Bob, but the emergence of Jones Werenski, JMFJ and Savard has really given us the ability to play against anyone. Lets GO Jackets!!

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:34 PM
Johansen2Foligno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDiary View Post
Don't play innocent, there's a good reason why people don't like Columbus. It's certainly not because of how dirty they play...
They are very tsundere. Give them a little time

Johansen2Foligno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:40 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Congrats on punching your ticket. I, for one, would hate for the Pens to open up against CBJ. There's only like a 99% chance Dubinsky will take out one of our stars

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:45 PM
Johansen2Foligno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
Congrats on punching your ticket. I, for one, would hate for the Pens to open up against CBJ. There's only like a 99% chance Dubinsky will take out one of our stars
If it makes you feel better, every picture we have of a star -- even the Sun -- is old the minute we take it.

Johansen2Foligno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:49 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I personally think, and have said a million times on the Pens board, that Columbus looks like the best team in the NHL. The only thing they lack is a superstar who can take a series over. Bob is pretty close, but ideally they need that one megastar player who take over. Maybe someone can make their name this postseason. That's the one thing that drives the Pens/Caps/Hawks is that they have stars that win for them. Columbus has their team/depth. While guys like Sid, Geno, Ovy, Backstrom, Kane, Toews are ultimate equalizers, we are going to find out real soon just how far this CBJ team can go.

But when it comes to overall team support, defense, consistency, etc... Columbus is the best team in the NHL. They have been playing a playoff style for most of the year.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:57 PM
traparatus

Congrats to Columbus fans.

As a Caps' fan, Columbus is my least desired 1st round opponent. Whomever plays Columbus in Round 1 is not coming out of that series feeling healthy and refreshed, that's for sure. Jackets will probably not get to the Cup finals but they will have a say in which team gets there.

traparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 10:14 PM
WhiteWings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBrown View Post
Crosby and Malkin are not losing to Nick Foligno and Cam Atkinson, I hope you realize that.

Only way they somehow upset is if Bobrovsky plays GOAT level, which he is capable of doing.
Crosby's career +/- against the Jackets is MINUS-4.
This year his stats against the Jackets: 1 goal (in 1:7 loss BTW), 0 assists and MINUS-5 in 3 games.
Last year he was MINUS-3 in 3 games.
Over the last 3 years Crosby has played 9 games against the Jackets and he's never been a plus player in a single game! He's minus-10 on that span.
Conclusion: the chicken's primadonna craps his pants every time he sees Dubi and Co. He can pump his stats against the lower teams as much as he wants. Unless referees disallow every other Jackets goal like that was last time the pens gonna get their butts handled to them.

WhiteWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 10:28 PM
vogeezy
In search for a 1C

vCash: 1356
If Pens fans feel the need to trash the CBJ on every thread, does that me that there is a little rivalry going? I could care less and always thought of Detroit and Nashville as rivals, but I can definitely get behind hating Pittsburgh

vogeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Wadewilson

vCash: 4784
Pretty impressive! Congrats

Wadewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 10:30 PM
vogeezy
In search for a 1C

vCash: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I personally think, and have said a million times on the Pens board, that Columbus looks like the best team in the NHL. The only thing they lack is a superstar who can take a series over. Bob is pretty close, but ideally they need that one megastar player who take over. Maybe someone can make their name this postseason. That's the one thing that drives the Pens/Caps/Hawks is that they have stars that win for them. Columbus has their team/depth. While guys like Sid, Geno, Ovy, Backstrom, Kane, Toews are ultimate equalizers, we are going to find out real soon just how far this CBJ team can go.

But when it comes to overall team support, defense, consistency, etc... Columbus is the best team in the NHL. They have been playing a playoff style for most of the year.
I still think Washington and Pitt are better teams, but I get what you're saying. However I'm hoping Saad can hit another gear like he did for the Hawks to be a semi-star.

vogeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Good stuff. I love the style Columbus is playing this season. Fun to watch. Lots of hustle.

I hope they win a few rounds (just not against us).

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 10:54 PM
tomtostitos

I think if a team makes it past them in the playoffs they're not going to be in the same shape they were at the beginning of the series. Team full of hard workers. Any room on the CBJ bandwagon for this guy?

tomtostitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 01:03 AM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDiary View Post
Don't play innocent, there's a good reason why people don't like Columbus. It's certainly not because of how dirty they play...
Dirty? Hilarious. Sure, Hartnell can cross the line. Dubinsky can too. They have a reputation and almost always get called for it. Every team has at least one or two of these types of guys, and everyone always *****es and complains about the other teams guys but not their own unless they are scrubs.

The team plays hard and sometimes certain players cross the line. If you want to hate on that then do it, because the only people who care about that exist on this message board. It won't be an easy out for anyone to take out Columbus, and that's not because of talent..its because of the style of play.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 01:13 AM
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass

vCash: 50
Quote:

Wennberg is one of the best playmakers in the league.

03-20-2017, 01:47 AM
Lyons71

Seems your state has been riding the momentum started by the Cavs. Congrats!!

Glad to see them doing well. They were bad for so long!

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 02:21 AM
ricky0034

vCash: 257
heh I just randomly noticed that Columbus and Washington have the same exact number of games played,points,ROW,and goals for

now that's a close race

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 03:38 AM
cbj21

Congrats to the Jackets and fans!

Whatever happens in the playoffs, the Jackets will Bring the Hurt no matter what!

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:38 AM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Rookies have had a huge impact on the season.

Werenski, Anderson, Nuutivara, Sedlak all played in their roles to a T and all of them excelled any expectations. And ever Since Bjorkstrand has been called back up he's looking like he's found his drive. If you include Korpisalo all of these kids were integral parts of the Monsters running through the playoffs and taking the Calder Cup uncontested. While THE AHL playoffs aren't comparable to the NHL playoffs but they know how to compete when the pressure is on.

Safe is Death.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Well, I am impressed. Hard-working team without any weaknesses. That said, do they have another level for the playoffs? Because the Pens surely have. They know what it takes to win. And they are one point behind healthy CBJ squad while being absolutely crushed by injuries this season. Healthy Pittsburgh is the favorite in the series vs Columbus and Washington, although it won´t be easy. Columbus vs Washington is a pure coinflip, imo.

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 08:14 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

That Columbus crowd in the playoffs though. Insanity. One of the loudest I've ever seen.

Can't wait.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Heinze 57

In September I thought if everything went right and we avoided injuries we'd have a chance to compete for the last wildcard. What happened instead is truly special. In the NHL it's very rare a team comes together all at once like this.

Ryan Lambert can suck a fart.

Heinze 57 is offline   Reply With Quote