HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2006-2007 forward line-up

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
2006-2007 forward line-up

How do you guys think our line-up is going to look like next year with Perezhogin and Kostytsin needing to play always + possibly the arrival of Latendresse, Bonk in or out, Koivu maybe gone, suff like that...

Old
02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Before last season we would not have known about Bonk, Murray, Huet, Dandenault, Streit in the line up. Who knows what can happen between now and then.

Old
02-08-2006, 09:00 PM
znk

Dont even think about Latendress making the team. He's having a hard enough time in juniors right now.

Old
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Dont even think about Latendress making the team. He's having a hard enough time in juniors right now.

51 points in 36 games? struggling ? . to much limelite put on that kid. the rds gig all season long the let down from getting cut at camp .

seeing his idiol perrire dagnais demoted to Hamilton

it all took its toll

i say he comes to camp with a vengence and makes the team

Old
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
51 points in 39 games? struggling i guess . to much limelite put on that kid. the rds gig all season long the let down from getting cut at camp .

it all took its toll

i say he come to camp with a vengence and makes the team
The team stripped him of his 'A'. And the team has far superior record when he isnt playing. Before last nights game he had 2 goals in his last 12 games.

And hif he cant handle getting cut...he's definetly not ready for the NHL.

Old
02-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
The team stripped him of his 'A'. And the team has far superior record when he isnt playing. Before last nights game he had 2 goals in his last 12 games.

And hif he cant handle getting cut...he's definetly not ready for the NHL.

he's a 18 yr old boy keep that in mind . my bet is if he plays the same as he did this yr in next years camp he makes this team . i still think he could have made this club . just look around and see who he had to be better than . look at all our vets getting benched

as far as getting stripped of the " a " whats the big deal there?
to much focus gets put on those letters anyways .

Old
02-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
51 points in 36 games? struggling ? . to much limelite put on that kid. the rds gig all season long the let down from getting cut at camp .

it all took its toll

I say he doesn't see a regular shift for at least 3 years.

And have we even had the same lineup for more than 3 consecutive games?

Old
02-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Habruti!

Assuming we are able to dream...

I predict there will be few trades before the end of the year...

I think a trade with Chicago will happen:
I would say: Souray, Ribeiro for Arnasson and Calder
Also a trade to Pheonix... say a 2nd round for Denis Gauthier during the season to replace Souray

MTL will dump Zednik before the end of this season.
Do not resign Sundstrum
Resign Koivu (doubt there will be a better option)
Resign Bulis
Sign Philippe Boucher in the off season

Go next year with the following lineup...
Perzhogin, Koivu, Kovalev
Kostsitsyn, Arnasson, Ryder
Higgins, Plekanek, Calder
Begin, Bonk, Dandenault

Markov - Rivet
Gauthier - Boucher
Bouillon - Komisarek

Old
02-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Gump_Wamsley

Our lineup next year?

Seriously....next year?

We've just gone through 3 weeks of threads on this board concerning changes every fantasy GM wants to make for THIS year's lineup.

Old
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
TSV

Send a message via MSN to TSV
First, let's try to sign a real #1 center to replace Saku... if not, go after Saku...
Second, I think that Carbo will love a young Chipchura in the line-up for is intensity and leadership... with perez, plek, higs, kots and maybe tender; a young working bunch will be the way to go. They might not win, but at least it will be honest !!

Some of the old guys, we might be stuck with them : sundstrom, bonk...

Anyway, for sure in offense : Kovy, Perez, Plek, Ryder, Begin, Higs and I'll add Downey. Guys like Saku, bulis, ribeiro, zednik, bonk, sundstrom... will see...

On the blue line : Markov, Bouillon, Komisarek, Rivet. Now it's time to draft some good d-man

Old
02-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
How do you guys think our line-up is going to look like next year with Perezhogin and Kostytsin needing to play always + possibly the arrival of Latendresse, Bonk in or out, Koivu maybe gone, suff like that...
All speculation :

***/Koivu/Kovalev
***/***/Ryder
Bulis/Bonk/***
Murray/Bégin/Downey

*** = One of Perezhogin , Kostitsyn , Plekanec , Higgins , Zednik , Ribeiro , Ferland/Lapierre whoever impress more . That's 4 spots for about 7 guys . One of Zednik or Ribeiro would have to be traded along with a D for a stronger one if we want at least a regular spot for one of Kosty or Perez .Downey and Murray would most likely play muscial chair with Ferland or Lapierre , whoever impress more at the camp or can't be send down i think Ferland is better but let's see .

Kostitsyn/Koivu/Ryder
Perezhogin/Plekanec/Kovalev
Higgins/Bulis/Downey
Bégin/Bonk/Murray
Feland or Lappierre .

Now take Zednik and Ribeiro and try to figure out wich one would help us the most down the line with potential injuries or slumps and trade the one you can't keep . I think Sunny is gone because i assume he's not in the plans of a guy like Carbo who like his player to play hard .

Old
02-08-2006, 10:24 PM
bjac

Quote:

it all took its toll

The fact of the matter is that he seems to have poor work ethic and has alot to improve on in his game before he comes to the NHL.... combined, those two factors will make it very difficult for him to be an NHL player any time soon. Lazy players don't make NHL players unless they are insanely skilled (which he isn't). I think he has the potential to be good, but he has to improve his work ethic to fill out his potential.

Last edited by bjac: 02-08-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old
02-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Jakomyte

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Buils-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Downey-Begin-Ferland
ex: Murray

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Rivet
Bouillon-Dandenault
ex: Cote

Theodore
Danis

Players we might lose: Zedink, Bonk, Streit, Huet (I think Theo will regain his form and Huet will get a better offer elsewhere)

Old
02-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Garnett

Boucher

Why is everyone saying sign Philippe Boucher in the summer. The guy has good numbers but hes been playing forward in Dallas for most of the year. Robidas has been playing forward as well.

Old
02-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I posted a long thread about this about a week ago, but here's what I think:

(1) - Koivu - Kovalev
(2) - Plekanec - Ryder
Higgins - Bonk - (3)
(4) - Begin - Murray

(1): A UFA or trade acquisition. A big, gritty forward. A Mark Bell, or (only dreaming but...) Ryan Smyth type of acquisition.

(2): Andrei Kostitsyn or Alexander Perezhogin. IMO, we don't go with both in our top 6. One may be traded in a package to acquire the first line winger, or may be relegated to a fourth line role.

(3): A defensively-conscious forward. Perhaps re-sign Jan Bulis. Perhaps bring in someone else through UFA or trade. Perhaps Kyle Chipchura looks great at camp and forces us to keep him. Or perhaps Guillaume Latendresse plays out the rest of the season well, and comes into camp on a mission, so he gets the spot for his physical presence.

(4): Either an enforcer (Aaron Downey / Raitis Ivanans / Other), or a grinder (Jonathan Ferland / Maxime Lapierre / Other)

Now the D:

Andrei Markov - Craig Rivet
(5) - (6)
Francis Bouillon - (7)
(8)

(5): This is Sheldon Souray's spot, but I think he may be on his way out. If he is traded, we *must* bring in another top 4 defenseman to replace him. Jim Vandermeer perhaps?

(6): The weakness in our D corps. The missing member of the Top 4. This is a gap we need to address by UFA or trade.

(7): This spot will be filled by one of our kids. It should come down to Mike Komisarek or J.P. Coté. Honestly, I think Komisarek could be a great trading chip in a deal to land the Top 4 guy we need, so then this could be Coté's spot to lose.

(8): This is the only place for Mathieu Dandenault. A waste to be paying your extra defenseman $1.75M, but this guy has got to go.

And in goal:

Jose Theodore
Cristobal Huet

I don't expect Theodore to be traded, though if he is, I'd love to see a Huet / Yan Dannis tandem.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:01 AM
hab

I think free agent wise, we should look a solid stay at home d-man(norstrom or carney).a guy like that can make a big difference without being noticed or costing a fortune.

perezhogin koivu kovalev
higgins plekanek ryder
bulis bonk zednik
begin chipchura kostitsyn

pure speculation chipchura will make the team full time, have no idea what to do with robiero, he just doesnt fit

souray carney
markov rivet
komosarick dandy
boulion

decent d with a guy like carney, but I dont see this lineup lighting it up much more than this year. hopefully perez can have a big year, I dont see higgins as a big scorer. I beleive sundstrom and streit were on 1 year, so they can just go away quietely(wish the same could be said for bonk), we could realy use a more physical presence in the third line center spot.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:23 AM
oli500

Heres my prediction on whats going to happen during the off season or what I would put up.

Out

Bonk
zednik
Ribeiro
Sundstrom

In
Elias
McCauly
Latendresse
Chipchura
Locke
kositsyn

Line ups

Elias-Koivu-Kovalev
Ryder-Plekanec-Latendresse
Perezhogin-McCauly-Kotsitsyn
Bulis-Chipchura-Begin Reserve : Higgins-Downey-locke-ferland

That would be my line up. McCauly would be a great addition to this club as a 3rd line center. Hes cheap and got troumoundus speed and would be a + over bonk. I would love to see chipchura playing with begin.

( If montreal wants to win a cup by 2009 I sugest that they have both chip and latendresse in the line up for the upcoming season. Who cares if there only 19. There going to learn alot playing togheter in the nhl. These are types of players who youwant on our team right away no matter what there ages are. Because if you have them in the ahl they still have to adapt to the nhl once they get here so why not have them in the nhl soon rather than later. Look at higgins and pleks, there still learning the nhl even after 2, 3 years in the ahl. For some players the ahl is a waste of time.)

Last edited by oli500: 02-09-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old
02-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
I posted a long thread about this about a week ago, but here's what I think:

(1) - Koivu - Kovalev
(2) - Plekanec - Ryder
Higgins - Bonk - (3)
(4) - Begin - Murray
It looks like Gainey may prefer the 3 offensive lines + 1 checking/physical line model like we have seen the last 3 games over the 2 offensive lines + one checking unit + 1 energy line model.

But I guess it depends on if the Habs keep Ribs or not and if they do get rid of him, do they bring in another offensive center or just go with the centers you mentionned.

Personally, I hope the Habs go with the Buffalo model up front which is close to what we have going right now. Speed galore, hard work, 3 rock solid offensive lines (Buffalo can even roll 4 when healthy, their offensive depth is so impressive), 5 man unit on the ice and a team that is so tenacious on the forecheck.

IMO, Kostitsyn should be ready next October. Ditto for Ferland who is eligible for waivers. Latendresse I would put no pressure on him and see what happens in camp. I'd send Chipchura to Hamilton for a year, no need to rush him. Maybe give him a cup of coffee or two during the season.

I would have no problems about going with something like this if Latendresse surprises everyone at camp again and if Ribs is still kicking around:

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev (it seems to be working, call it line 1 or 1a)
Kostitsyn - Koivu - Ryder (2 guys with wicked shots for Saku to feed the puck to)
Bulis/Higgins - Plekanec - Latendresse (Lats plays with 2 fast guys)
Bulis/Higgins - Bonk - Begin

Extras: Ferland, Murray, Downey, etc

If Latendresse is not ready (which is likely), you can swing Kostitsyn onto Pleks' line with Bulis and put Higgins with Koivu and Ryder. One of our strengths is our young forwards, you have to play them and save the cash for upgrading the D via trades or UFA (if they want to sign here of course) IMO.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
It looks like Gainey may prefer the 3 offensive lines + 1 checking/physical line model like we have seen the last 3 games over the 2 offensive lines + one checking unit + 1 energy line model.

But I guess it depends on if the Habs keep Ribs or not and if they do get rid of him, do they bring in another offensive center or just go with the centers you mentionned.

Personally, I hope the Habs go with the Buffalo model up front which is close to what we have going right now. Speed galore, hard work, 3 rock solid offensive lines (Buffalo can even roll 4 when healthy, their offensive depth is so impressive), 5 man unit on the ice and a team that is so tenacious on the forecheck.

IMO, Kostitsyn should be ready next October. Ditto for Ferland who is eligible for waivers. Latendresse I would put no pressure on him and see what happens in camp. I'd send Chipchura to Hamilton for a year, no need to rush him. Maybe give him a cup of coffee or two during the season.

I would have no problems about going with something like this if Latendresse surprises everyone at camp again and if Ribs is still kicking around:

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev (it seems to be working, call it line 1 or 1a)
Kostitsyn - Koivu - Ryder (2 guys with wicked shots for Saku to feed the puck to)
Bulis/Higgins - Plekanec - Latendresse (Lats plays with 2 fast guys)
Bulis/Higgins - Bonk - Begin

Extras: Ferland, Murray, Downey, etc

If Latendresse is not ready (which is likely), you can swing Kostitsyn onto Pleks' line with Bulis and put Higgins with Koivu and Ryder. One of our strengths is our young forwards, you have to play them and save the cash for upgrading the D via trades or UFA (if they want to sign here of course) IMO.
Somehow I think we will need more drastic change then this... Perhaps Ribs is the guy we need to trade or perhaps it is Koivu that needs to go but in my mind we need to upgrade one of them... Not sure if there is a list of free agent centers somewhere but upgrading Ribs with Richards would do it for me... With Koivu, Richards and Plekanek we would have 2 very good 2 way centers...

Old
02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Maxpac

right now the only sure things is this:

????????-?????-Kovalev
??????-Pleckanek-Ryder
Higgins-??????-Bulis
????-Bégin-Murray

if it would be my team, i would release kovu and sign a bigger center up front(i.e Marleau or close), let play Perezhogin with Kovalev cause there styles compliment one and another, put Kostytsin on the 2nd line with 2 hard workers, sign for 1 or 2 years or trade for a 3rd line center like Mcauley or Madden or Primeau, and put Downey as our enforcer for next year unless we get a Brashear or Fedoruk type player.

possibilities are endless....

Old
02-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
right now the only sure things is this:

????????-?????-Kovalev
??????-Pleckanek-Ryder
Higgins-??????-Bulis
????-Bégin-Murray

if it would be my team, i would release kovu and sign a bigger center up front(i.e Marleau or close), let play Perezhogin with Kovalev cause there styles compliment one and another, put Kostytsin on the 2nd line with 2 hard workers, sign for 1 or 2 years or trade for a 3rd line center like Mcauley or Madden or Primeau, and put Downey as our enforcer for next year unless we get a Brashear or Fedoruk type player.

possibilities are endless....
That is far from the sure thing, considering Bonk is signed for next year with a contract that basically makes him not tradeable, and Bulis will be a UFA this Summer.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
HabsoluteFate

The most obvious guy that i think will be ready to make the leap will be Kyle Chipchura...beyond that I wouldn't even start guessing...
as for someone leaving...I could see Sundstrom gone...perhaps Zednick as well
I would normally say Bonk but with the salary cap and all that Montreal cant just buy out his contract so I guess we're stuck with him until his contract expires

Old
02-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Brett38

1.Kostitsyn Koivu Kovalev

2.Perrezhogin Arnott Ryder

3.Higgins Plekanic Begin

4.Latendresse Chipchurra Downey

Plus the Defence and two goalies!

Out...Zednik, Ribeiro, Bulis, Bonk Sundsrum...

Old
02-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Forget Plekanec, somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38
1.Kostitsyn Koivu Kovalev

2.Perrezhogin Arnott Ryder

3.Higgins Plekanic Begin

4.Latendresse Chipchurra Downey

Plus the Defence and two goalies!

Out...Zednik, Ribeiro, Bulis, Bonk Sundsrum...
If we could find a way to sign Arnott, that would be awesome. But even at that, I think this line-up looks better:

Kostitsyn - Koivu - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Arnott - Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Bonk
Ferland - Begin - Murray

I really don't see both Chipchura and Latendresse making the team. I think each have outside shots. But Garth Murray is pretty much a lock for the 4th line IMO, and I'd like to see Ferland given a spot. Downey or Ivanans can be retained as the extra forward.

Maybe Higgins - Plekanec - Bonk can have the Sedin - Sedin - Carter type of effect.

Old
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Zed will probably leave he habs. Bulis might too. Ribeiro will be back unless Gainey knows he can get someone to replace him, same thing with Koivu. Sundstrom won't be back, Higgins is cheaper, younger and has more upside. Bonk might be traded but I doubt it, unless of course we can again, find a replacement or Chipchura is already ready to take his spot. Something I doubt. One of Perezhogin or Kostitsyn will probably be traded at one point or another, there's almost no point in keeping both unless they don't reach their potential of course.

So that leaves us with Kovalev, Higgins, Plekanec, Begin, Downey, Ryder and Murray. The rest will depend on who's signed, who we can acquire, and who Gainey decides will make the team next year. Could be Lapierre and Ferland will start the year in montreal, which mean that other players will move up, probably Plekanec. Perezhogin and Kostitsyn might both be there or just one of them, so we need to keep them in mind too. Koivu or Ribeiro will or will not stay, no way to know right now.

Defensively, Markov, Rivet and Souray should still be with the team, Dandenault might be traded for some draft pick if Gainey thinks he can get a real top 4 defense. There's no way Souray is traded unless of course, another top 4D comes in return, and I just don't see the point of that ( unless the other is cheaper, younger.. wait still doesn't make sense ). Komisarek and Bouillion will stay as #5 and #6 so we'll need another one, Streit might stay and keep the place warm for Emelin or another young D comming up.

Too bad Morris is an RFA.. would have loved to sign him with the habs. Same age as Markov, great potential, relatively cheap. He'd be perfect.

Closed Thread