Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Prospects Discussion III

Old
03-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Sharp Shooting Neely

vCash: 500
Don't recall hearing of this type of a problem with signing a prospect before. Anyone aware of this may be a reason for concern or just an administration issue? The Quote below from the Prohockey site says its likely just a minor set back.

"According to Cap Friendly, via Twitter, the NHL has rejected the ELC contract signed yesterday by Swedish defense prospect Emil Johansson with the Boston Bruins due to ďan issue with payment structure.Ē Johansson was Bostonís seventh-round selection in the 2014 entry draft and is having a solid season with Djurgardens of the Swedish League, ranking second among the clubís blue liners in scoring. Itís likely just a minor setback requiring the two sides to restructure the agreement before re-filing it with the league."

Sharp Shooting Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 12:52 PM
EverettMike

It's weird to me, after years of seeing the salary cap hamstring this team, that some people would be so cavalier with burning a year of an ELC on such a flawed team who no one thinks is any sort of threat to win the Cup.

It's easy to say, "screw the financial implications," but that's what bad teams and shortsighted general managers do.

It's one thing to have an 18-year-old make the team out of camp, or to have a great college player burn a year to strengthen a great team going for it, but to do it for this team right now? That's the kind of decision that hurts an organization for years.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 02:34 PM
00BW

The Bruins no longer have cap problems but a team like Chicago does. Yet they signed John Hayden out of Yale to a 2 yr deal and played him this year. That means next year will be his only full year on ELC but they want him now. He has a goal and 2 assists with a +5 in 5 games so he definitely seems ready in this short sample.

I'm not sure how anyone can come away from that BU-ND game and not be impressed by JFK and McAvoy; both look NHL ready. One thing that BU seems to do, is play man on defense so their dmen may seem to roam but they are following their man if he has the puck. That may be what has people thinking McAvoy isn't defensively ready or out of position.

00BW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 03:38 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
It's weird to me, after years of seeing the salary cap hamstring this team, that some people would be so cavalier with burning a year of an ELC on such a flawed team who no one thinks is any sort of threat to win the Cup.

It's easy to say, "screw the financial implications," but that's what bad teams and shortsighted general managers do.

It's one thing to have an 18-year-old make the team out of camp, or to have a great college player burn a year to strengthen a great team going for it, but to do it for this team right now? That's the kind of decision that hurts an organization for years.
agreed, especially don`t want a kid to burn that year arriving on a team who`s clearly hit the skids

I could understand wanting to have a prospect signed and join the team if this were one who was predicted to go on a deep playoff run and have that prospect experience the playoff vibe and perhaps get some games in but even then I`m with you, rather wait when you have that time to do so. Absolutely no need to kill a year off a contract when it`s not necessary

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 03:59 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00BW View Post
The Bruins no longer have cap problems but a team like Chicago does. Yet they signed John Hayden out of Yale to a 2 yr deal and played him this year. That means next year will be his only full year on ELC but they want him now. He has a goal and 2 assists with a +5 in 5 games so he definitely seems ready in this short sample.

I'm not sure how anyone can come away from that BU-ND game and not be impressed by JFK and McAvoy; both look NHL ready. One thing that BU seems to do, is play man on defense so their dmen may seem to roam but they are following their man if he has the puck. That may be what has people thinking McAvoy isn't defensively ready or out of position.
One of the favorites to win the Stanley Cup this year.

And the second bolded part has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 04:13 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:

Hayden is also a 22 year old kid who had the option of going to FA this summer. So he had extra leverage to force Chicago to make him a special deal

Bjork just scored to tie the ND game

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 04:43 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 04:53 PM
KlausJopling

Bork with another to take the lead

KlausJopling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 04:53 PM
JoeIsAStud

Bjork with another goal on a rebound. His 9th shot of the game, puts ND up with 11 minutes to play in 3rd

Also while Bjork didn't get an assist on the first goal, he was the one streaking down the left side who took the D-man, freeing up the ND player on the right to get a clean shot on the breakaway

Old
03-25-2017, 04:57 PM
JRull86

Bjork has been great this game. Bruins need to get him signed the instant ND's season is over

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 04:58 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 05:38 PM
00BW

Quote:

Vancouver signed Boeser today after the loss to BU last night and he scored today. That burned his 1st year ELC but, admittedly, Vancouver is not the best run organization. Ottawa is currently fighting with White over this same topic and they better be careful or he could spurn them by going back to BC for 2 years.

2nd Paragraph was a different topic, a response to others not impressed with JFK, and also McAvoy's defense. l guess I shouldn't have joined them together in one post.

Old
03-25-2017, 05:59 PM
00BW

Figures. As soon as I type that, McAvoy turnover in the neutral zone lead to the wrap around goal against.

On Bjork, he had an interesting game. He was not noticeable in the 1st except for some bad turnovers. On the PK to start the 2nd it was his man he thought he had checked at the goal mouth that scored. After that, it did seem like he just flipped a switch and started to make plays. He came within an inch of a hat trick with the empty net but it just rolled wide.

Old
03-25-2017, 06:04 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Figures. As soon as I type that, McAvoy turnover in the neutral zone lead to the wrap around goal against.

On Bjork, he had an interesting game. He was not noticeable in the 1st except for some bad turnovers. On the PK to start the 2nd it was his man he thought he had checked at the goal mouth that scored. After that, it did seem like he just flipped a switch and started to make plays. He came within an inch of a hat trick with the empty net but it just rolled wide.

Take it you're not a McAvoy fan or JFK. Anyone else on BU you like so I can compare my notes

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 06:13 PM
Montecristo

Bjork is the only prospect I'd consider offering the "burn a year" deal too. Since he in those comments seems to be leveraging a potential Ufa opportunity at this point where JFK and mcavoy will likely sign anyway at year end

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Fonzerelli

Quote:

Sounds like he's unlikely to sign then. I can't see us doing that unless we make the playoffs, and at that point, he can't be any worse than any other option we have to play with Krejci. Might as well roll the dice

Fonzerelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Jorah Marshmont
Words are wind

Quote:

Might not even be possible if ND goes all the way. Bruins last game starts before the NCAA final.

Jorah Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Gator Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
Sounds like he's unlikely to sign then. I can't see us doing that unless we make the playoffs, and at that point, he can't be any worse than any other option we have to play with Krejci. Might as well roll the dice
Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bruins made that offer to burn the first year off Bjork's ELC. Bjork's got some leverage, and I wouldn't be shocked if he uses it.

Gator Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Bruins78

Lauzon with a goal tonight...scored Friday night as well

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 07:59 PM
JoeIsAStud

BU loses in OT. Let's get those deals done for JFK and CHarlie McAvoy

Old
03-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Mount Kramer Cameras

Charlie... it's time

Mount Kramer Cameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 08:38 PM
Bruins78

Donato puts Harvard up 2-0

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 08:48 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I hope the Bruins go ahead and sign Bjork. IMO, it's better to get him in the fold and signed rather then worrying about using an ELC year. Plus we would end the upcoming " will he/won't he " hand wringing over his potential free agent status after his senior year.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 08:57 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I hope the Bruins go ahead and sign Bjork. IMO, it's better to get him in the fold and signed rather then worrying about using an ELC year. Plus we would end the upcoming " will he/won't he " hand wringing over his potential free agent status after his senior year.
I said that here a month ago ,and everyone was no he will sign no hurry .Worried now they are..I said Sweeney needs throw him a bone like on 3rd line right away Just get him signed..

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Over the volcano

Holy Donato

Over the volcano is offline   Reply With Quote