HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Prospects Discussion III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2017, 01:27 PM
  #101
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
Maybe this is why Sweeney hasn't called up cehlarik again recently? He wants to sign Bjork and would then have to send down cehlarik again in a couple games?
cehlarik's game definitely dipped before they sent him down - i would've given him another look with the team's struggles, but i'm not really sure what their reasoning is. could be an interesting few days if notre dame is bounced today.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 02:56 PM
  #102
Bruins78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,439
vCash: 500
Bjork with a helper to put ND up 1-0

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 04:03 PM
  #103
bardown23
Live for hockey
 
bardown23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Bjork reminds me a little bit of William Nylander.

bardown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 04:42 PM
  #104
RonSimmons
Registered User
 
RonSimmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Is Zboril hurt? Didn't play in first game of QMJHL playoffs.

RonSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 04:48 PM
  #105
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSimmons View Post
Is Zboril hurt? Didn't play in first game of QMJHL playoffs.
yes, upper body

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 05:07 PM
  #106
Gator Mike
 
Gator Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Woburn, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,704
vCash: 500
Providence could have an embarrassment of riches next year:

Forwards:
C Noel Acciari (RFA)
C Colby Cave
C Austin Czarnik (RFA)
C/RW Ryan Fitzgerald
C Jakub Forsbacka-Karlsson (Unsigned)
C Danton Heinen
C Sean Kuraly
RW Peter Cehlarik
RW Justin Hickman
RW Zach Senyshyn
LW Anders Bjork (Unsigned)
LW Anton Blidh
LW Jake DeBrusk
LW Jesse Gabrielle
LW Colton Hargrove (RFA)

Defensemen:
LD Linus Arnesson (RFA)
LD Matt Grzelcyk
LD Emil Johansson
LD Jeremy Lauzon
RD Charlie McAvoy (Unsigned)
LD Rob O'Gara
LD Jakub Zboril

Goalies:
G Zane McIntyre (RFA)
G Malcolm Subban (RFA)
G Daniel Vladar

Gator Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 05:21 PM
  #107
DrJustice
Registered User
 
DrJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Kind of hard to expect McAvoy to step right into the NHL. Carlo might have been able to do it, but he had a lot more experience playing a lot more games in the WHL. Big difference between playing 60-70 games a year at the WHL and 30-40 games a year at the NCAA level, with a lot more time between games. He might have the elite talent but he still has to grow and mature as a man and get his conditioning to NHL standards. As a deference, you have to think it would help his development till he is ready.

Not sure this way of thinking would apply to a forward like Bjork necessarily, since he wouldn't be asked to play 20+ minutes a night. McAvoy needs to be that guy though, I want him as the #1 or #2 deference on this team. If he needs a year at the AHL level to ensure he is that coming out of the gate, I'm more than happy to do that.

Am I right or wrong on this one?

DrJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 05:23 PM
  #108
Fonzerelli
Registered User
 
Fonzerelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: I'll come to you
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Kind of hard to expect McAvoy to step right into the NHL. Carlo might have been able to do it, but he had a lot more experience playing a lot more games in the WHL. Big difference between playing 60-70 games a year at the WHL and 30-40 games a year at the NCAA level, with a lot more time between games.
That should be an advantage for him at this time of year though. He's better rested and better prepared to step in now than he would've been at the tail end of the WHL grind.

Fonzerelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 05:25 PM
  #109
DrJustice
Registered User
 
DrJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
That should be an advantage for him at this time of year though. He's better rested and better prepared to step in now than he would've been at the tail end of the WHL grind.
True. I'd love to see him suit up right away, but I was thinking more about next year. I'd hate to see him run out of gas and lose confidence if he hits a wall in the middle of next year. But I guess those are the things that you just have to wait and see what happens.

DrJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 05:25 PM
  #110
Fonzerelli
Registered User
 
Fonzerelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: I'll come to you
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
Providence could have an embarrassment of riches next year:

Forwards:
C Noel Acciari (RFA)
C Colby Cave
C Austin Czarnik (RFA)
C/RW Ryan Fitzgerald
C Jakub Forsbacka-Karlsson (Unsigned)
C Danton Heinen
C Sean Kuraly
RW Peter Cehlarik
RW Justin Hickman
RW Zach Senyshyn
LW Anders Bjork (Unsigned)
LW Anton Blidh
LW Jake DeBrusk
LW Jesse Gabrielle
LW Colton Hargrove (RFA)

Defensemen:
LD Linus Arnesson (RFA)
LD Matt Grzelcyk
LD Emil Johansson
LD Jeremy Lauzon
RD Charlie McAvoy (Unsigned)
LD Rob O'Gara
LD Jakub Zboril

Goalies:
G Zane McIntyre (RFA)
G Malcolm Subban (RFA)
G Daniel Vladar
Pretty sweet. Curious, why do you consider/list left handed Ryan Fitzgerald and Peter Cehlarik as RW but don't consider Bjork, Gabrielle or Heinen the same way ... even though mostly played RW as well

Fonzerelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 05:29 PM
  #111
Fonzerelli
Registered User
 
Fonzerelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: I'll come to you
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,908
vCash: 500
Since we are on the topic, thought this was worth posting for posterity as well ...


Fonzerelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 07:10 PM
  #112
Gator Mike
 
Gator Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Woburn, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
Pretty sweet. Curious, why do you consider/list left handed Ryan Fitzgerald and Peter Cehlarik as RW but don't consider Bjork, Gabrielle or Heinen the same way ... even though mostly played RW as well
Because I was using a web site that listed each player's position.

Gator Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 08:14 PM
  #113
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
Since we are on the topic, thought this was worth posting for posterity as well ...


Divver also said that Johansson has an excellent stick and makes good first pass. He's steady and not flashy.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 09:20 PM
  #114
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 15,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Baseball America does the 4 year look ahead for fun

Marchand-Donato-Bjork

DeBrusk-JFK- Pastrnak

Gabrielle-Frederic- Senyshyn

Heinen- Bergeron- Nash
I think Frederic -- Senyshyn could be a very deadly combo down the road for us. I also like Gabrielle -- JFK as a tandem too, mainly because of the Marchand -- Bergeron comparisons and the eventual passing of the torch being a real possibility in 5 years or so.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 09:28 PM
  #115
Estlin
Registered User
 
Estlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I like Heinen
So do I. In another thread, Fonzerelli asked me about why I liked Heinen. He reminds me a little of Loui Eriksson: smart, positionally sound, defensively aware and can provide a good level of offense. And, like Eriksson, he's not the world's best skater, but no matter. He is versatile--can play center and both wings--which is handy. I think that there is definitely a place for Heinen in Boston and hope that he gets a chance. If he turns out to be a poor man's Eriksson, then the Bruins should consider themselves happy. That's very good value for a fourth-round pick.

Estlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 10:11 PM
  #116
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian
 
Fenway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston-Cambridge MA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 4481585
Many of you who are older remember Mark Witkin from the Sports Huddle



He is very much in the mix on advising the 2 BU players of their next move. That is all I know.

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 10:27 PM
  #117
Fonzerelli
Registered User
 
Fonzerelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: I'll come to you
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
Many of you who are older remember Mark Witkin from the Sports Huddle.
Isn't he Jack Eichel's guy? From Global?

Fonzerelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 10:51 PM
  #118
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian
 
Fenway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston-Cambridge MA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 4481585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
Isn't he Jack Eichel's guy? From Global?
And Vesey's guy as well. Peter Fish is the frontman but Mark is still the man behind the curtain.

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2017, 05:49 AM
  #119
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 42,265
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
And Vesey's guy as well. Peter Fish is the frontman but Mark is still the man behind the curtain.
He started with Donato & Heibze I believe and remember him dealing with Harry

Whitken was my favorite on that Show and by all accounts a great guy

I met him a few times over years and you went away liking him even more

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2017, 07:26 AM
  #120
JoeIsAStud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
He started with Donato & Heibze I believe and remember him dealing with Harry

Whitken was my favorite on that Show and by all accounts a great guy

I met him a few times over years and you went away liking him even more

Witkin is 77 now. Hard to believe the Sports Huddle started 48 years ago

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2017, 07:31 AM
  #121
SPLBRUIN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
Pierre McGuire speaking on Ottawa Sports radio just said that if the Bruins were to insert McAvoy, JFK and Bjork into the lineup that they become measurably better, make the playoffs and become scary in the playoffs, really high praise for all 3 guys.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2017, 07:35 AM
  #122
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Pierre McGuire speaking on Ottawa Sports radio just said that if the Bruins were to insert McAvoy, JFK and Bjork into the lineup that they become measurably better, make the playoffs and become scary in the playoffs, really high praise for all 3 guys.
nice praise for sure, while I`m very excited by our prospects, I`m not sure I`d stick my neck out and say that 3 kids with 0 games of pro experience would measurably make a team better though

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2017, 07:41 AM
  #123
smack66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Pierre McGuire speaking on Ottawa Sports radio just said that if the Bruins were to insert McAvoy, JFK and Bjork into the lineup that they become measurably better, make the playoffs and become scary in the playoffs, really high praise for all 3 guys.
nice of Pierre to say that but I have a hard time believing those three can have that big of an impact this year. Hope I'm wrong

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2017, 07:45 AM
  #124
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,940
vCash: 500
Lauzon with a goal and assist (secondary if that matters to anyone) on the OT winner last night as the Huskies had to go to OT in order to beat the upstart Mooseheads evening the series 1-1

Gonna have to tape the B`s game on Beta with this series moving back to Halifax tomorrow night

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2017, 07:46 AM
  #125
Saxon Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Pierre McGuire speaking on Ottawa Sports radio just said that if the Bruins were to insert McAvoy, JFK and Bjork into the lineup that they become measurably better, make the playoffs and become scary in the playoffs, really high praise for all 3 guys.
Hard to temper expectations when he's running his mouth about these 3 every chance he gets

Saxon Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.