HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade Brown for Jokinen?

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Haik

vCash: 500
Would you trade Brown for Jokinen?

in a sign and trade deal.

Old
02-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Goallum

No.

Old
02-09-2006, 12:43 AM
swinginutter*

NO!

I would move other players for him, but he's probably going to test the market.......especially when he's having a career year.

Old
02-09-2006, 12:46 AM
ILuvLA

Absolutely not.

Old
02-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
NO!

I would move other players for him,
Like who?

Frolov, Brown, Kopitar, Boyle.

Those are the guys that Florida would have interest in.

Don't get me wrong I love Brown but in his prime he MIGHT be a 30 goal scorer who's tough as nails but Jokinen IS one. He would be huge for our team right NOW and he's still young.

Old
02-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Haik

Wow I guess you guys really love tripod

Old
02-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik
Like who?

Don't get me wrong I love Brown but in his prime he MIGHT be a 30 goal scorer who's tough as nails but Jokinen IS one. He would be huge for our team right NOW and he's still young.

The problem I am having with this whole scenario is why trade any of the Kings assets for a guy they can get in the off season for free?

Old
02-09-2006, 12:51 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
those are my thoughts as well...brown may never be the 1st line center that Jokinen is, and at the same time, Jokinen is just not good enough to make me want to trade Dustin...inconsistent? Probably...but that's why i'm a fan and not a GM

Old
02-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
The problem I am having with this whole scenario is why trade any of the Kings assets for a guy they can get in the off season for free?

1) A lot of teams would be making bids for him. He wouldn't come any cheaper than $5-6 mill.If we don't let him test the market we should be able to re-sign him at $4 mill.

2) Do you think adding a 6'2 1st line center can help this team in the playoffs this season? I do

Old
02-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
1) A lot of teams would be making bids for him. He wouldn't come any cheaper than $5-6 mill.If we don't let him test the market we should be able to re-sign him at $4 mill.

2) Do you think adding a 6'2 1st line center can help this team in the playoffs this season? I do

I believe that Jokinen already turned down a 4 year $16 million offer from Florida. So I am pretty sure that he will want $5-6 million in a sign and trade deal as well. I say wait till the off season and take your chances. There are going to be alot of teams still too close to the cap to really have the money to go after Jokinen.

Old
02-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Venom_17

Nah, if we are going to trade Brownie we can get a better player in return.

Old
02-09-2006, 01:02 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Like who?

None of those guys either....... Point is, Jokinen will become a UFA this year. He's playing his brains out right now, and his agent is a big dickwad! Believe me.....he's going to test, so why waste a talent like Brown.....for something that's so pointless...(like this season is shaping up to be)

Old
02-09-2006, 01:04 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
I believe that Jokinen already turned down a 4 year $16 million offer from Florida. So I am pretty sure that he will want $5-6 million in a sign and trade deal as well. I say wait till the off season and take your chances. There are going to be alot of teams still too close to the cap to really have the money to go after Jokinen.
but that's 4 year 16 million from FLA...if a team like DET steps up with 4 years at 4.5 million, i can see him signing there

Old
02-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
but that's 4 year 16 million from FLA...if a team like DET steps up with 4 years at 4.5 million, i can see him signing there
Maybe but do you think he would put the Kings in the same category as a Detroit or in the same category as a Florida?

Old
02-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
No.

Old
02-09-2006, 01:15 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The Kings need 1 of the best players in the NHL. A true superstar who can excite the fans, scare the opponents and give us a legit shot at winning. Jokinen is not the answer and either is trading Dustin Brown. At best he is a #2 wing but he has some upside, too early to give up on him. My only concern with all the kids who have came up is that none of them are dynamic stars of the NHL, the Kings seem to be developing role players and that is not good since they have been preaching building from within for 7 + years. Again, where are the superstar or star players from the Kings system?

Old
02-09-2006, 01:46 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
The Kings need 1 of the best players in the NHL. A true superstar who can excite the fans, scare the opponents and give us a legit shot at winning. Jokinen is not the answer and either is trading Dustin Brown. At best he is a #2 wing but he has some upside, too early to give up on him. My only concern with all the kids who have came up is that none of them are dynamic stars of the NHL, the Kings seem to be developing role players and that is not good since they have been preaching building from within for 7 + years. Again, where are the superstar or star players from the Kings system?
You're right! But getting a top five pick would help. We think we finally got that last year with Anze. You have to play in a **** hole like the Igloo to get a bonafied superstar. That team gets worse by the minute, and i'm completely over them getting top picks.

Old
02-09-2006, 01:49 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Maybe but do you think he would put the Kings in the same category as a Detroit or in the same category as a Florida?
neither...not DET good, but defintely not FLA bad...but i dare say that he would be willing to sign for less playing for LA than he would FLA

if Luongo leaves, which seems to be his intent, then that would set FLA back another 5 years, which Jokinen likely would not want to relive

Old
02-09-2006, 02:09 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
no way.
if the Kings deal DB for Jokinen i would seriously have DT checked to see what his alcohol blood level was at the time.

Old
02-09-2006, 02:25 AM
viking

That team gets worse by the minute, and i'm completely over them getting top picks.[/QUOTE]

tell me when we have had a top 5 pick to land a superstar. Kopitar is close but seriously I hate being mediocre and getting pick number 11-13.

Jokinen is a quality center but not worth Brown... He will be available on the free market wait till he is

Old
02-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
My only concern with all the kids who have came up is that none of them are dynamic stars of the NHL, the Kings seem to be developing role players...
I agree. I'm concerned that AM will still be around when Kopitar enters the league and Anze will be steered toward being a role player instead of the superstar that he has the potential for.

Old
02-09-2006, 04:56 PM
devilinto

I say sign in in the OFF SEASON. And Keep Brown. I like the way this kid hits. His hands are made of stone but lets hope it gets better!

Old
02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Guys, we are talking about Olli Jokinen not Joe Thornton, Jason Spezza, Pavel Datysuk or Brad Richards. I would trade Brown for any of those players in a heartbeat, not Jokinen.

FLA could ask for those players until they are blue in the face, I would not trade any of those kids for Jokinen.

Players to keep are Brown, Kopitar, Petiot, Gleason, Tukonen, Boyle, Garon, Frolov and Tambs.

The kings look to draft top 2 lines, a 3rd line center & top 4 d-men. I think they have that except for 2nd line center & one more top flight d-man.

Frolov/Kopitar/Cammy
Tambs/?/Brown
/Boyle/Tukonen

Gleason/Lubo
Petiot/?

That's the core in 08-09. It's up to the kings to fill in the gaps with solid vets and superstars.

Old
02-09-2006, 07:10 PM
guzmania

I say, Duh! Yeah! Send it in. They're both hard nosed players but Olie has proved to be a real first line center. Brown is a fine prospective second line player. The Joker is just coming prime. Considerations going to us if he doesn't sign here.

Old
02-09-2006, 07:17 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
I say, Duh! Yeah! Send it in. They're both hard nosed players but Olie has proved to be a real first line center. Brown is a fine prospective second line player. The Joker is just coming prime. Considerations going to us if he doesn't sign here.
Joe Thornton went to San Jose for three homos. He's one of the top three centers in the world. We'd be repeating the cycle...when Olli left. It took him until two years ago to finally find his game. The same thing can happen to Brown in the next five/eight years. Then we'll want to trade for him as he's a proven first line winger (power forward).

Point being is that Olli is a UFA next year.....why waste Brown! I'd trade a sceond rounder and a middle grade prospect which might be enough.

Closed Thread