HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kariya out up to a month; Worrell will not play

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Goulet17

vCash: 500
Kariya out up to a month; Worrell will not play

The Denver Post and RMN are both reporting today that Kariya will be out a "few weeks", and one of the papers mentioned that he could be out upwards of a month.

So it appears that the time frame is probably 3 to 4 weeks, with 4 weeks being the worst case scenario.

Pat Karns mentioned that he doesn't have any broken bones, and as long as he didn't tear any ligaments, he should be fine. I watched him play after the injury occurred and it didn't appear to affect his puckhandling to a great extent.

The papers also mentioned that Worrell will not play tonight, as he experienced pain in his knee during practice and had to leave. Folks, I'm pretty concerned about Worrell. He suffers from what is being termed "tendinitis" which as far as I know is usually chronic and isn't correctable with surgery, only rest. The problem is that Worrell has essentially rested since the beginning of training camp, and he still can't play.

It is looking pretty bad IMO trading Messier and Nedorost for Worrell if Worrell has a chronic condition that may affect whether he can contribute at all to the Avs.

If you are going to throw in top prospects such as Nedorost or Johanssen (sp?) in trades and IMO essentially overpay, you better make damn sure that you have done your due diligence and that the acquired player is medically fit and not damaged goods. A similar situation arose last year with McAmmond. The Avs took on a damaged player.

I hope that I am wrong, but I am beginning to think counting on Worrell making any contributions this season, or even playing more than a handful of games may be wishful thinking.

The other problem I have is that Worrell is experiencing tendinitis (sore knee) and so he doesn't play, but then I look at a Steve Yzerman and he essentially plays with one knee. It is frustrating.

Another tidbit for all of you McAllister lovers out there, the Denver Post is reporting that McAllister skated with Sakic and Hinote on what essentially the Avs second line during yesterday's practice. Selanne skated with Nikolishin and Hahl, as Granato apparently is shaking up the lines.

Maybe we should start laying odds on how long before McAllister is playing on the Avs' first line.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:52 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17
the Denver Post is reporting that McAllister skated with Sakic and Hinote on what essentially the Avs second line during yesterday's practice. Selanne skated with Nikolishin and Hahl, as Granato apparently is shaking up the lines.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Old
10-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Oh great, this sounds like Hartley's Brule experiment. Sakic better shoot the puck alot with his hands of stone wingers. I think Selanne would rather be benched

Old
10-23-2003, 04:28 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Old
10-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Zodiac

Tony is such an ass.

BigMac/Sakic/Hinote ....gawd. So stupid.

Old
10-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

A fan asked Tony G on his weekly radio show if he was really going to shake up the lines. The coach said no, so if he's practicing a line with McAllister, Sakic, and Hinote, I wouldn't be too worried about it...yet.

I imagine the lines will go like this against Edmonton tonight:

Tanguay-Forsberg-Hejduk
Konowalchuk-Sakic-Selanne
Larsen-Nikolishin-McCormick
Cummins-Hahl-Hinote

This is assuming Tony has the brain power to put McCormick out there and not Big Mac again.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
I'd rather see McCormick out there instead of McAllister .
Yeah, me too. Mostly because I want to see if Cody fits in and can be productive. McAllister hasn't been as bad as I had thought, except when he's trying to hit someone along the boards and misses them nearly every time. If he can be serviceable, I feel more comfortable with him playing on the 4th line as a wing than on D. And the occasional shift with the skill lines if things are getting chippy.

Closed Thread