HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov III

Old
03-24-2017, 02:59 PM
lamp9post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Marinaro this morning reiterating Radulov's 8-year contract demand.

Whether the Habs sign him or not, we only need look at the baseline set by similarly aged UFAs last year -- I don't have a list handy but seems to me a lot of 30 year old plus players got 5-6 year deals and most if not all of them have not had a better season than Radulov this season.
8 years is a non-starter. The last contract in that ballpark I can remember is Gaborik, and that contract isn't looking great, even thought the AAV was fairly low in comparison to what he could have signed for on a shorter deal.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 03:01 PM
The Great Pateryn
Protect Da Deficit

vCash: 457
Quote:
Wondering how many more wins for Habs to clinch a playoff spot. Maybe shut him down after that.
We are making the playoffs. If we start playing like crap, and we are sliding, we can always play him again. Once we clinch, Radulov, Weber, Markov and Price should get plenty of rest. I'd also rotate Petry and Nesterov.

The Great Pateryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 03:01 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
The max he can get is 7 years
Isn't it 8 years for someone internal or is that for expiring deals over 1 year?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Runner77

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Pateryn View Post
We are making the playoffs. If we start playing like crap, and we are sliding, we can always play him again. Once we clinch, Radulov, Weber, Markov and Price should get plenty of rest. I'd also rotate Petry and Nesterov.
I'm not doubting that they're making the playoffs, it was just to see where that potential clinching date may be on the horizon. Anyone know?

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 03:06 PM
The Great Pateryn
Protect Da Deficit

Quote:
I'm not doubting that they're making the playoffs, it was just to see where that potential clinching date may be on the horizon. Anyone know?
I think we would have clinched if we won the last 2 games.

Old
03-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
My aim is to hit 100 points, which we are 9 points away from. So I'm thinking out of our final 8 games, we need at least 4 wins and 1 OT/SO loss. But it also depends on what teams like the Islanders and Lightning do to finish the season. They're the two teams just outside of the Wild Card spot. We basically need to stay ahead of those guys.

Islanders have 10 games left and have 80 points. If they hypothetically win them all, they get to 100 points.

Lightning have 9 games and are at 79 points. If they hypothetically win them all, they get 97 points.

Adam Michaels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Belial

95 points should be good enough. Those teams behind are not going to win all their remaining games.

The problem with resting players is that I think they really want to win the division...

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
95 points should be good enough. Those teams behind are not going to win all their remaining games.
Definitely. But we don't clinch unless we are mathematically in the clear. And right now, 95 points doesn't clinch for us. It could be if those teams lose.

If I'm not mistaken, the Caps, Pens, and Jackets all clinched when they hit 100 points or around 98-99. I would say we'll need more than 95 to clinch.

Adam Michaels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 03:46 PM
The Great Pateryn
Protect Da Deficit

Quote:

The problem with resting players is that I think they really want to win the division...
Rested players>Winning the division

Old
03-24-2017, 03:54 PM
Belial

Quote:
Rested players>Winning the division
Well, Julien might think otherwise. And we don't really know how are those players feeling. I mean, we are speculating here that Radulov is tired... Maybe he's just in a slump.

Old
03-24-2017, 04:14 PM
The Great Pateryn
Protect Da Deficit

Quote:
Well, Julien might think otherwise. And we don't really know how are those players feeling. I mean, we are speculating here that Radulov is tired... Maybe he's just in a slump.
He is gassed, he barely skates. Their goal is to make the playoffs, and hope for the best. This ensures them of making the playoffs, except they will have a better chance of going further.

Old
03-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

Quote:
He is gassed, he barely skates. Their goal is to make the playoffs, and hope for the best. This ensures them of making the playoffs, except they will have a better chance of going further.
He's a hard player to get a read on. I thought he looked injured/tired up until last night against Carolina, where he showed signs of his usual self. He could have had a couple goals with the type of chances he had. Hopefully, it means he's trending back to where the habs need him to be.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 05:11 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
He's a hard player to get a read on. I thought he looked injured/tired up until last night against Carolina, where he showed signs of his usual self. He could have had a couple goals with the type of chances he had. Hopefully, it means he's trending back to where the habs need him to be.
Yeah, he was hustling out there last night. Even if nothing worked, the effort was there.

Old
03-24-2017, 05:29 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
you want to hand out 6-7 million for a guy that has 15 goals, 4 of which came in one game? He is a cap killer. 30 yr old Euro here for a huge contract, after one average year. Must be taking notes from pleks.
4/15 goals in one game? Maybe you're thinking of the wrong player, because the rest of what you said was just as awful as that false statement.

03-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Forum93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
4/15 goals in one game? Maybe you're thinking of the wrong player, because the rest of what you said was just as awful as that false statement.
I don't recall him scoring 4 goals in one game but the rest he said is bang on.

Forum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 06:43 PM
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum93 View Post
I don't recall him scoring 4 goals in one game but the rest he said is bang on.
He's not average, he's putting up good numbers and does a lot of good things when he doesn't score...when it comes to a player being useful without getting points, Radulov is the best at that among the habs imo.

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Forum93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
He's not average, he's putting up good numbers and does a lot of good things when he doesn't score...when it comes to a player being useful without getting points, Radulov is the best at that among the habs imo.
The point was his numbers are not that great where his agent is asking 8 yrs for zillions of $. I love his hustle and skill set but at 30 yrs of age 3-4 yrs max around the 5-6 mil range is a safe contract that wont cripple the team ala Pleks. If he wants to walk, oh well. His latest play hasn't warranted anything more and I'm afraid he will only get worse when his contract is renewed.

Last edited by Forum93: 03-24-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Forum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 08:38 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Quote:
We need 98 points right now to clinch. Even by going 0-8-0 we have a 44.8% chance of making the PO.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 08:51 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 416
The effort is still there but I don't think he's near the level he was at the start of the season solely because of fatigue. He hasn't played this schedule in years. The KHL is much lighter in that regard. He was bound to get gassed eventually with this schedule.

If we can clinch soon, I would honestly scratch him so he can rest and be good for the playoffs.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 10:42 PM
sandviper

Quote:
94 points should clinch it. Clinching the division, well, that depends on tomorrow I guess and how both teams get through next week.

I would sit Rads, Petry, Weber and Chuck on a rotation last couple games if we got it locked up. I'd also let Price take a break.

sandviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 01:38 AM
The Great Pateryn
Protect Da Deficit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandviper View Post
94 points should clinch it. Clinching the division, well, that depends on tomorrow I guess and how both teams get through next week.

I would sit Rads, Petry, Weber and Chuck on a rotation last couple games if we got it locked up. I'd also let Price take a break.
I wouldn't sit Chucky. I would let him play more, to earn some confidence. Radulov, Weber, Markov, Petry and most importantly Price need to sit for the rest imo.

Paicoretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw
King-Danault-McCarron
Martinsen-Ott-Mitchell
Beaulieu-Benn
Emelin(switches with Petry after each game)-Nesterov
Davidson-Redmond

That d-core is horrific, but as long as we clinch, it doesn't matter.

Old
03-25-2017, 02:58 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
The max he can get is 7 years
Wrong. Don't post if you don't know.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 05:31 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Radulov is used to playing 60 regular season games in Russia, where the regular season typically ends around mid-February.

Playoffs start in the third week of February and the playoffs wrap up around mid-April.

I agree that it shouldn't be a surprise if Radulov has some issues adapting to an NHL schedule on his first year back to the league.
Playoffs be most important time to have him here

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 10:06 AM
sandviper

Quote:
I wouldn't sit Chucky. I would let him play more, to earn some confidence. Radulov, Weber, Markov, Petry and most importantly Price need to sit for the rest imo.

Paicoretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw
King-Danault-McCarron
Martinsen-Ott-Mitchell
Beaulieu-Benn
Emelin(switches with Petry after each game)-Nesterov
Davidson-Redmond

That d-core is horrific, but as long as we clinch, it doesn't matter.
Right, forgot about Markov needing a rest. I mentioned Chucky because I wonder if he's still hurt.

Ironically, I thought our D was solid on paper this year and even better after the trade deadline. However, the reality is far from it and optically, yeah, that d-core is bad.

Anyhow, for Radulov, I think he needs to recharge. PLayoffs are an even harder grind and if he is tired now, he is going to fall off a cliff in another couple weeks.

sandviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 10:39 AM
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum93 View Post
The point was his numbers are not that great where his agent is asking 8 yrs for zillions of $. I love his hustle and skill set but at 30 yrs of age 3-4 yrs max around the 5-6 mil range is a safe contract that wont cripple the team ala Pleks. If he wants to walk, oh well. His latest play hasn't warranted anything more and I'm afraid he will only get worse when his contract is renewed.
I can't think of a single agent that doesn't start with a high offer, probably because that kind of agent doesn't exist. They'll probs settle at 5 or 6 years.

You also have to keep in mind that Radulov is the only good ufa next year.

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote