HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Alexander Radulov III

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2017, 10:17 AM
smcgreg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
What a dumb thing to say. What is the point in saying that? My god.
Well, now that MT is gone, somebody needs to be a d*&^ to undeserving players. It might be a negotiation tactic, but I could see it firing him up and making him go on a tear in the playoffs. Then see who gets the last laugh.

Old
03-31-2017, 11:01 AM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
At 6.5 for 5 years you sign him as soon as possible. That's less than his current salary + what we were giving Desharnais... Emelin and Plekanec coming off the books next year...

We have no one else to do the job anyway.
I don't feel any team is going to give him more than $7M AAV. Not sure about the 5 or 6 years term too. I'd say $7M for 6 years is the absolute max he would get as a UFA from any team. And I suspect the right # ends up being $6.5M AAV for 4 or 5 years.

I just hope he wants to stay with the Habs and I agree, finding a replacement will be difficult.

Old
03-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
What a dumb thing to say. What is the point in saying that? My god.
Such a weird, dumb stupid comment from Bergevin!! Youre talking about your best or 2nd best forward, respect him!!

Pretty sure that MB dosnt like the demands from Radu's agent but you dont make comments like that anyway, i will be very sad if Radu is playing somewhere else next year but the way negos seem to be going i wouldnt surprise!!

Old
03-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsGorgeous View Post
I don't feel any team is going to give him more than $7M AAV. Not sure about the 5 or 6 \years term too. I'd say $7M for 6 years is the absolute max he would get as a UFA from any team. And I suspect the right # ends up being $6.5M AAV for 4 or 5 years.

I just hope he wants to stay with the Habs and I agree, finding a replacement will be difficult.
Oshie would be a good replacement, but he wont come any cheaper than Radulov!! I think both radu and the habs could be satisfied with a 6.5/ 4 years or 7/ 3 years deal no!?

Old
03-31-2017, 01:14 PM
get25

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsGorgeous View Post
I don't feel any team is going to give him more than $7M AAV. Not sure about the 5 or 6 years term too. I'd say $7M for 6 years is the absolute max he would get as a UFA from any team. And I suspect the right # ends up being $6.5M AAV for 4 or 5 years.

Looking at the market last year:
Lucic got 6MX5 after a 55 points season (20G-35A, pace of 46 points this season).
Okposo got 6MX5 after a 64 points season (22G-42A, pace of 57 points this year).

Both are 28 so their contract will finish when they are 33 years old.

Now Radulov will turn 30 this year and SCap is the same.
His production is on pace for 58 points (82GP-18G-40A) but will probably get 54 points.

You really think, in that context, that Radulov is worth 7MX6?

Worst case, he could get 6MX4 years on the market unless SCap goes up.

GM and agents are using comparables to determine the amount and duration.

There is a reason why MB is a GM and those Gaston Therrien and alll on l'antichambre are not.
Hearing them talking about 7M (even for three years) is crazy.

Radulov's value is between 5.5 and 6 for 3 to 4 years.
Just looking at Plekanec, he was able to get two years from MB after being top defensive center and on way to a 54 points season.
He may have got 250K to 500K more because he is a fixture in the Habs organization.

Stamkos at 8.5, O'Reilley at 7.5 or Radulov at 6M.

I do love Radulov but as MB said: he is not Crosby or Malkin but he is a very good hockey player.

At this point, he is 75th in scoring in the league with 51 points same as;
  • Turris (4M), Krejci (7.5M signed after his 69 points season);
  • Hall (6M with some RFA years included);
  • Schwartz (5.350 with two RFA years),
  • Coyle (3.2 with three RFA years).

There is also Perry at 51 points at 8.625M. That contract was signed after an 82 points season (11 points in 13 PO games). Since then, his best was 62 points. Not sure Perry's contract is a good example except for the fact that he signed at 28 years old.

Remember that some of these contract were signed when the Salary Cap was going up by 10% per year. Given that the television contracts are signed for the next 8-10 years, I do not see NHL revenue go up significantly unless the Canadian dollar goes up significantly.

Old
03-31-2017, 01:18 PM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

Likely just a negotiation tacit, guess we'll find out this summer. Hopefully he's re-signed cause he will be very difficult to replace but if he wants too much then I guess he will end up somewhere else.

Old
03-31-2017, 01:21 PM
get25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simarino View Post
Oshie would be a good replacement, but he wont come any cheaper than Radulov!! I think both radu and the habs could be satisfied with a 6.5/ 4 years or 7/ 3 years deal no!?
You think Oshie is worth more than Lucic and Okposo?

They both got 6M X 5 at 28 years old.

Old
03-31-2017, 01:22 PM
G0bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
Bergy's comment on Radulov during an interview this morning at 91.9: ""On aimerait beaucoup le garder à Montréal, mais tout ne tourne pas autour de lui. Ce n'est pas un Sidney Crosby." -Bergevin sur Radulov

Hmm....I am kinda worried now if Radu is going to re-sign...
What the f. Why even say this to the public? You're the god damn general manager, have some standards. Who cares if true, you just don't. There's driving the price down and then there's just bad practice.

They should just tell someone else to do the PR stuff for him, MB's got rocks for brains.

Last edited by G0bias: 03-31-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old
03-31-2017, 02:21 PM
jjmathews202

I feel like Chucky and Radulov should be switched. Try Radulov at C (great playmaking and passing vision, good backcheck, physical) and move Chuck to RW (allow him to use deadly shot).

Old
03-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by get25 View Post
You think Oshie is worth more than Lucic and Okposo?

They both got 6M X 5 at 28 years old.
Same ballpark i guess

Old
03-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Teufelsdreck

If the Habs have to depend on Radulov for the next several years, they're in trouble. He's very good but he won't last forever. They need an infusion of young blood. Will there be another Lehkonen in 2017-18? Will Bergevin discover another Byron? Will McCarron finally make his mark? Will Reway materialize? Will Lindgren supplant Montoya? Will Juulsen become a regular?

Old
03-31-2017, 02:42 PM
get25

Quote:
Bergy's comment on Radulov during an interview this morning at 91.9: ""On aimerait beaucoup le garder à Montréal, mais tout ne tourne pas autour de lui. Ce n'est pas un Sidney Crosby." -Bergevin sur Radulov

Question: "Comment tu le perçoit Radulov? est-ce qu'il est le centre offensif, la nécessité offensive a Montréal, comment tu vois la situation pour Radulov avec le Canadien?"

MB: "C'est certain qu'on aimerait beaucoup le garder a Montréal, c'est un joueur qui a beaucoup de talent offensif, mais de la a dire que tout est alentour de lui, je ne crois pas a ça, il a eu une période difficile pis on remportait des matchs. C'est un joueur important mais a la fin de la journée c'est pas un Sydney Crosby comme on pourrait dire ou un Malkin mais c'est un excellent joueur de hockey"

Players that are ahead of Radulov: McDavid, Scheifele, Matthews, Marner, Ovechkin, Drouin, Stamkos, Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Tavares, Ekblad, PK, Weber, Keith, Laine, Tarasenko, Panarin, Kane, Toews, Kopitar, Giroux, Voracek, Suter, O'Reilly, Krejci, Letang, Bergeron, Marchand, Gaudreau, Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk (with a good center), Karlson, Monahan, Eichel, Pavelski, Duchene, McKinnon, Couture, Saad, Forsberg, Barkov, Huberdeau, Seguin, Benn, Wheeler, Landeskog, Rantanen, OEL, Burns, Schwartz, Lindholm, Fowler, Jones, Josi, Hoffman, Stone, Werenski, Hanafin, Reilly, Trotcheck, Vatanen, McDonagh, Hamilton, Giordano, Horvat, Vlasic, Johansen, Simmonds, Draisaitl, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Patrick, Hischer.

That is a list of more than 75 players that are ahead of Radulov.
Actually, he is 75th in scoring in the league and most of the players ahead of him have more goals.
We could probably add another 10 d-men who have less points him in the list + at least 7-8 goalies.
So 90+ players ahead of Radulov...

You might remove 10% of the players in that list you still have more than 80 players in that list. Remove 20% and you are still over 70 players.

Looking at the Habs, Weber, Price and Pacioretty are clearly ahead of him.

The second tier would be Galchenyuk, Radulov and Markov.
Markov is at .62 as a d-men (ahead of Weber who has .55 ppg but 17G), Radulov is at .71 and Galchenyuk is at .75.

So if you pay 7M to Radulov who has .71 and 16G, how much do you give to Galchenyuk at .75 this year, 30G and 56 points last year.
One Alex is RFA and one is UFA. So one will be paid more.

To me, it would be Galchenyuk > Markov > Radulov or Galchenyuk > Radulov > Markov.
Other could make a case for Radulov > Markov > Galchenyuk.

I have not given up on Galchenyuk getting .8-.9 ppg at 25 years old.
He just turned 23 last February.
At 23 years old Wheeler had a 38 points season (and at 22 years old a 45 points season). Before he was 26, he was scoring at .52 ppg. He was traded for Peverley...
Now he has a cap hit of 5.6M for two more years.

Going back to Radulov, he won't get better than 6M X 3 years at best as a UFA.
They gave 6M to Backes and I am pretty sure GM are looking at the result (37 points). Even Okposo (45 points) and Lucic (43 points) did not do very well.

Old
03-31-2017, 02:44 PM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If the Habs have to depend on Radulov for the next several years, they're in trouble. He's very good but he won't last forever. They need an infusion of young blood. Will there be another Lehkonen in 2017-18? Will Bergevin discover another Byron? Will McCarron finally make his mark? Will Reway materialize? Will Lindgren supplant Montoya? Will Juulsen become a regular?
Offensively, i dont think we have much to look forward to in the prospect pool, thats the scary part about loosing Radulov.

Old
03-31-2017, 02:45 PM
get25

Quote:
Same ballpark i guess
Oshie is going to be 30, Lucic and Okposo were both 28.

Also their performance decreased (like Backes BTW).

Between 5.5 and 6M.

Old
03-31-2017, 02:50 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Could be a negotiation ploy from Bergevin for all we know... But it's certainly odd to come out and bluntly say "he's not a Crosby or Malkin type, he's good but he's had his bad stretches...".

I also beg to differ if he thinks this team can go on without Radulov next year. Not unless he plans to replace him with someone equivalent or better. And find another top 6 player on top of it for good measure.

Old
03-31-2017, 03:10 PM
Emily

Quote:

That's a very strange thing to say. Either they already have a deal in place and he's just messing with the fans or the negotiations are going very badly and he doesn't think Radulov will be coming back.

Last edited by Emily: 03-31-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old
03-31-2017, 03:12 PM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by get25 View Post
Oshie is going to be 30, Lucic and Okposo were both 28.

Also their performance decreased (like Backes BTW).

Between 5.5 and 6M.
Oshie is gonna score 35 even if he missed a few games, i dont see him signing under 6.5M

Old
03-31-2017, 03:15 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Oshie is gonna score 35 even if he missed a few games, i dont see him signing under 6.5M
Oshie has typically been closer to a 20 goals scorer over his career... And now he's up to a 40 goals pace out of nowhere.

He's a legit top 6 winger, but he's bound to get overpaid this summer.

Old
03-31-2017, 03:22 PM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Oshie has typically been closer to a 20 goals scorer over his career... And now he's up to a 40 goals pace out of nowhere.

Thats for sure!! When you look at Radulov stats, its tough for his agent to justify a 7M salary or more when hes on pace for a 18-37-55pts season

Old
03-31-2017, 03:29 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Thats for sure!! When you look at Radulov stats, its tough for his agent to justify a 7M salary or more when hes on pace for a 18-37-55pts season
I'd give Radulov 6M a year easily. It's more about the amount of years for me.

I don't mind overpaying a guy like Radulov by a million or so if it comes down to it. You don't lose one of the few legitimate 1st line forward this team has over "crumbs". We've overpaid, and still overpay, role players for years. You get rid of them before getting rid of Radulov.

I think I'd be comfortable with a contract up to 4 years. 5 years if you need to. Beyond that, he'd need to give us a pretty good discount I believe. 6 years is a pretty big commitment for a soon to be 31 years old player.

Old
03-31-2017, 03:50 PM
smcgreg

Quote:

This.... it's not just that it would be very hard to replace him with just an equivalent player, but that another top 6 is also required. I'm not sure why people think that is just going to happen. Especially with the track record MB has displayed the past 5 years. When you have free agent that will simply cost you money and not assets, who has proven to be intense and competitive (and there is likely to be more during the playoffs), you need to keep him. It may cost assets to get another one and they just don't grow on trees. Is he Crosby? No, but he's available (potentially) and top 6ers are going to be expensive this summer, no two ways about it.

I am crossing my fingers he will keep Rad and will also be able to bring in Shipachov, because of the Russian connection and that is two top 6ers he will have acquired without sacrificing the future. If he has to overpay $550k, so be it.

Old
03-31-2017, 04:29 PM
Simarino

Quote:
I'd give Radulov 6M a year easily. It's more about the amount of years for me.

I don't mind overpaying a guy like Radulov by a million or so if it comes down to it. You don't lose one of the few legitimate 1st line forward this team has over "crumbs". We've overpaid, and still overpay, role players for years. You get rid of them before getting rid of Radulov.

I think I'd be comfortable with a contract up to 4 years. 5 years if you need to. Beyond that, he'd need to give us a pretty good discount I believe. 6 years is a pretty big commitment for a soon to be 31 years old player.
Im with you on that one, we need to stop overpaying for players that are for the most part 13th for the dozaine!! Dont loose an impact player for 1 million, theres alot of money that you can save by trading marginal players like Plek Emelin,Mitchell so do whatever you need to do to improve that offense and the center line this summer, use your imagination, go to the khl with Shipachev or trade for Duchene but do something this time!!

Old
03-31-2017, 04:31 PM
SB164

Old
03-31-2017, 04:40 PM
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi

I think we'll be looking at something like 5 years @ 6.5M. We'll see how he does in the post season but I'm pretty optimistic that he'll turn it up.

Old
03-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Hugo Sham

very precarious situation. bergevin can't severely overpay on money or term, but habs have sweet **** all in terms of depth up front. NONE and no replacements--and spare me the scherbak and hudon will step in and do his job

Closed Thread