HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Alexander Radulov III

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2017, 07:30 AM
Habs100

vCash: 500
Radulov reminds me of a hybrid of Alexei Kovalev and Claude Lemieux, playoff version.

Old
04-18-2017, 07:48 AM
smcgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post
Radulov reminds me of a hybrid of Alexei Kovalev and Claude Lemieux, playoff version.
Maybe not the raw skill of a Kovalev, but the hockey IQ and vision is off the charts. People rave about the composure Chuck had with the puck on his assist on the Weber goal, but the real play happened when Rad came into the zone, delayed, then did the blind pass onto Chuck's tape so that he didn't need to miss a stride and could make his move. Just beautiful, but flies under the radar, because it wasn't flashy.

Old
04-18-2017, 07:54 AM
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead

...BargainBin needs to sign RaduLOVE now!!...give him 5 years if he wants it with a bit of a discount or 4 years at 7ish...worth every damn penny, he is...

Old
04-18-2017, 08:55 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Nice to see he proved ''experts'' wrong, would like to see what they have to say now if someone digs up their nonsense posted when we signed him.

Old
04-18-2017, 09:58 AM
habergeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Nice to see he proved ''experts'' wrong, would like to see what they have to say now if someone digs up their nonsense posted when we signed him.
I liked the signing, as did a lot of other people. The salary was probably a bit high given his checkered history with the NHL but the term made up for it. I think most were happy to add someone with skill, but it was (at the time) a gamble.

In the playoffs, right now, Radulov is the best player in the NHL. That's not me being a homer, I've heard it from others not in the market as well.

I had the pleasure of watching Radulov in junior with the Remparts. He was a pure beast, next level talent. The only thing surpassing his talent was his heart, and his love for the city, his team and the fans. He thrived on it, and that love was returned from the Remparts faithful.

Watching Radulov this series, I see the same guy I saw when he was a teenager. This guy bleeds red, white and blue and you can see it. It's been a long time since we had someone with this type of emotion that feeds off the fans.

Signing this guy has been, by far, Bergevin's greatest move. His play in the playoffs so far is just cementing this.

Old
04-19-2017, 11:52 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=101
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=228
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=624
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=947
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=328
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=277

Old
04-19-2017, 08:29 PM
Tyson

So, what is his future in Montreal? He loves the province of Quebec and I think he won't be as successful elsewhere. A lot of GM's won't touch him because of his "checkered past" but maybe in Montreal he will never any off ice issues.

If he is signed...you have to move salary....

Old
04-19-2017, 09:00 PM
M.C.G. 31
Notorious

vCash: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
So, what is his future in Montreal? He loves the province of Quebec and I think he won't be as successful elsewhere. A lot of GM's won't touch him because of his "checkered past" but maybe in Montreal he will never any off ice issues.

I think his "checkered past" days are behind him after this season. Hell, Detroit was offering him two years and he still decided to take our one year offer. A couple other teams had offers on the table, too. If we don't retain him he'll have no problem getting a big money deal elsewhere.

04-20-2017, 04:56 PM
MasterD

Quote:

Desharnais is gone. I expect some of Emelin/Davidson/Benn/Nesterov won't be back. Plekanec leaving after next year at most. Emelin's contract has 1 year left if he's back next year. Non-issue.

Plus, he's already payd 5.7M... the increase won't be significant.

Markov is on his last miles... 2 years left tops, probably, and should be cheaper starting next year.

Guys like Lehkonen and Byron and Danault will be cheap for a while...

We're good. At worst one of Shaw/Gallagher might have to leave. Fine with that.

Old
04-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
I think his "checkered past" days are behind him after this season. Hell, Detroit was offering him two years and he still decided to take our one year offer. A couple other teams had offers on the table, too. If we don't retain him he'll have no problem getting a big money deal elsewhere.
Especially after the year he's had and having answered most team's questions regarding his off-ice issues, more teams will line up to sign him than last year.

I do think his first intention is to stay in Montreal. I don't think he wants to go anywhere else, but he won't stay at any price.

Let's not forget that Vegas gets a 48-hour exclusive window to talk to any upcoming UFA right before the expansion draft and they will surely target Radulov.

Old
04-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
Especially after the year he's had and having answered most team's questions regarding his off-ice issues, more teams will line up to sign him than last year.

I do think his first intention is to stay in Montreal. I don't think he wants to go anywhere else, but he won't stay at any price.

Let's not forget that Vegas gets a 48-hour exclusive window to talk to any upcoming UFA right before the expansion draft and they will surely target Radulov.
I did not know about the 48 hour window. Radulov and Vegas is a recipe for disaster

Old
04-20-2017, 06:52 PM
covfefe
truth detective

Quote:
I did not know about the 48 hour window. Radulov and Vegas is a recipe for disaster
For us, or him?

Old
04-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
0 shots for 2 full games now, please end this in OT.

Old
04-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post
Since you posted that he has 1 shot in 2 games and it took him overtime in the 2nd game to get that shot, lol. He's been okay in those 2 games and way better than certain other players but pretty disappointing to a degree.

Old
04-20-2017, 10:27 PM
OnceWasNot

Pretty sad when the only player on the team with high end offensive talent is a free agent BargainBin signed 4 years into his term as GM.

Old
04-20-2017, 10:36 PM
The Great Pateryn

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWasNot View Post
Pretty sad when the only player on the team with high end offensive talent is a free agent BargainBin signed 4 years into his term as GM.
Pure luck too. He wanted Lucic. Radulov was a backup plan.

Old
04-20-2017, 10:41 PM
OnceWasNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Pateryn View Post
Pure luck too. He wanted Lucic. Radulov was a backup plan.
I forgot about that. Now I'm laughing hysterically as I drink to numb the pain.

Old
04-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.

Radulov feature from Sportsnet (video via: @HockeyWebCast)

https://youtu.be/rJOgbG_Wy4U

Old
04-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Tyson

Some GM will give him a sweetheart deal. Won't be Bargain Bin

Old
04-21-2017, 09:53 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Radulov feature from Sportsnet (video via: @HockeyWebCast)

https://youtu.be/rJOgbG_Wy4U
A fan has to wonder how great an NHL career Radulov would have had, if he'd played a few more games, besides these playoff's? My thinking is that many will wonder, as does this Habs fanatic. Certainly Radulov's love & passion for the game is hard to match, very few players I've seen over 60+ yrs., have the unbridled enthusiasm he shows each & every shift. Don't take this the wrong way, so many great NHL player's have wowed all that have watched, as great leaders/players will their team/teammates on to far more than they ever thought they were. We the fans are rewarded, viewing the actions of the few, spurring their cohort's energy levels & talents to the surface whilst competing for the Glorious Silver Chalice that is our Stanley Cup!

After a season without a Canadian Team competing for Our SC, now we have the opportunity to perhaps watch an All-Canadian team Final, whether that is our Habs, the Leafs or the Senators against possibly Edmonton.(Dreaming of course,too many drinks perhaps ) The SC while Canadians feel it's ours,(Rightfully So,IMHO)we are treated to watching the best players from around the world, such a great time to be a Hockey Fan, IMHO!!!...

Thanks to all the great hockey players that have worked so hard to earn the privilege, to play for the SC, we are truly privileged too watch such competitive athlete's talents & desire. People ask where are the hockey god's, they are actually playing right before them, no gold, no praise or any other offering could ever arouse such a battle amongst friend/foe, as the adrenalin flowing when the best want that Title - "Stanley Cup Champion" !!!... A Title that's forever amongst their brethren, whose life's career has pointed at that one apex.

Go Habs Go!!!... Always the Best!!!...

So blessed was I to meet Jean Beliveau a great hockey player, such a greater humanitarian(The Great Champion), the Habs are all those that don the CH, the people's champion's.

Last edited by S Bah: 04-21-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old
04-22-2017, 09:50 PM
LeHab

Radu proved his value in the playoffs but will he even want to resign here?

Old
04-22-2017, 09:50 PM
BrendanGallagher11

He won't resign
This team sucks

Old
04-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Bergevillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHab View Post
Radu proved his value in the playoffs but will he even want to resign here?
Not if he wants to win.

Old
04-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
He can carry a line in the playoffs on his own. Imagine if he plays with a proper team, good luck to you. Made this team a bit watchable.

Old
04-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Seb
Michel Therrien

vCash: 50
He doesn't have Character, won't be re-signed.

Closed Thread