HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Off Season Moves by the Habs

View Poll Results: What now?
Overhaul (Big changes across the board) 30 32.26%
Tweak (A couple of moves is all we need) 26 27.96%
Rebuild (Trade vets for picks/prospects) 37 39.78%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2017, 12:38 PM
HabsGorgeous
23 Years....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
Really, all that fir a 45-50 point guy, we have Price to sign, Pacioretty. That fourth line is terrible as well, back to no grit in the lineup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Not many contenders could fit Plekanec's salary under the cap though. I was saying to include him if there is a trade involving Duchene. I get your point about Plekanec playing well if put in the right role. The problem is that Danault can play a similar role in a similar quality. Also, Plekanec, while he did in a fairly recent past, does not make his linemates better or look better. Which is something that you want from centermen in general and something that Danault has done this season. He is the perfect fit for the 3rd line next season. I really don't see how Plekanec at the 3rd C position as opposed to Danault is what's best for this team at this point in time, let alone next season.

Bergevin really dropped the ball with Plekanec. He should have sold high on him last year instead of giving him that idiotic extension.
Duchene is a 60 pts guy and that is his career average. If you want him, You will have to overpay. I'm willing to make the deal if Sergachev is not part of it and the only subtraction from the core is Gallagher. Did you consider that Pleky's contract expires after next year and then you only bring Markov back if it's a reduced salary. Pleky + Markov (Cap Hit) = $11.75M. Some of that money goes to Price in the 2018/2019 season and then in the following season after that, Patch and Duchene gets the rest with yearly inflation to the Salary Cap. It's not a major problem Cap wise but has to be managed of course. If the Pens, and Blackhawks can do it with their salaries, The Habs can to!

Not saying I love Pleky. I'm just saying you keep him for one more year until Shipachev proves himself to be a 2nd line center in the NHL. It's a smart insurance policy move. Then at trade deadline, you move Pleky to improve the team even further and Danault back at 3C.

Last edited by HabsGorgeous: 03-23-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old
03-23-2017, 12:45 PM
HabsGorgeous
23 Years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary View Post
Beaulieu in and out of the lineup tells me Julien isn't a fan. He is probably gone in the summer. Help at C is of immediate concern. You have to decide what to do with Galchenyuk. If he becomes a 30 goal 60 point RW is that so bad?
I agree. The burden to have Galchenyuk as a center is not fair to Galchenyuk because the Habs have lack of depth up the middle. I rather have Galchenyuk scoring points on LW or RW compared to struggling with the puck at center and trying to force plays.

Julien is not playing favorites like MT did. He's going to make Beaulieu earn his ice time. Beaulieu needs to realize he's too talented to be just a bottom pairing defense man. Take the next step and earn it! CJ has options on D and is using them!

Old
03-23-2017, 12:47 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimStone64 View Post
If they move Gal to wing #1 need this off season is for top line center
25 yrs and counting.............

Old
03-23-2017, 12:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Beaulieu in and out of the lineup tells me Julien isn't a fan. He is probably gone in the summer.
I think you're right.
Quote:
I think you're right. Help at C is of immediate concern. You have to decide what to do with Galchenyuk. If he becomes a 30 goal 60 point RW is that so bad?
Actually, yeah I think it is.

He's shown that he can be close to a point per game center which we need in the worst way. If we're not going to use him there then we might as well trade him for another one. Look at the center lineup we have, without him it's dreadfully bad.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-23-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old
03-23-2017, 12:49 PM
HabsGorgeous
23 Years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimStone64 View Post
If they move Gal to wing #1 need this off season is for top line center
Duchene (1C), Shipachev (2C). Problem solved. All depends on what it takes to acquire Duchene and if the Avs really want to trade him. Shipachev is a very possible free agent signing

Old
03-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsGorgeous View Post
Duchene (1C), Shipachev (2C). Problem solved. All depends on what it takes to acquire Duchene and if the Avs really want to trade him. Shipachev is a very possible free agent signing
I'll believe it when I see it. Is there any solid evidence that he is inclined to leave the KHL next season? I mean, I've seen rumors, but I have not followed his case with too much attention tbh. Still think that there are more appealing destinations for him. I'm also not sure that Duchene is who should be targetted especially at that price.

Old
03-23-2017, 01:53 PM
HabsGorgeous
23 Years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. Is there any solid evidence that he is inclined to leave the KHL next season? I mean, I've seen rumors, but I have not followed his case with too much attention tbh. Still think that there are more appealing destinations for him. I'm also not sure that Duchene is who should be targetted especially at that price.
Shipachev is a real option. Yes, Lots of rumors but he needs a new contract and the KHL doesn't have as much money as it did a few years ago. All depends on if he has confidence that he can make an impact in the NHL. Radulov, Markov, Galchenyuk, Scherbak might make him feel more comfortable. Yes he will have other options but the Habs are just as good as an option for him as any other team or league.

Duchene is the next available top 2 center in the NHL that is available. They don't come along very often. There will be other options but like I said, Personally, if the Habs can acquire him without giving up Sergachev and only subtracting Gallagher from the core, I make the move. The single biggest issue holding the Habs from being a top 10 team vs a top 5 team is up the middle! Imagine Galchenyuk on the wing with a guy like Duchene as his center and Radulov on the other wing. Then Patch/Shipachev/Byron as your 2nd and Danault/Pleky/Shaw as your 3rd. 4th line is easy to come up with.

Old
03-23-2017, 05:51 PM
missthenet

Quote:
Shipachev is a real option. Yes, Lots of rumors but he needs a new contract and the KHL doesn't have as much money as it did a few years ago. All depends on if he has confidence that he can make an impact in the NHL. Radulov, Markov, Galchenyuk, Scherbak might make him feel more comfortable. Yes he will have other options but the Habs are just as good as an option for him as any other team or league.

Duchene is the next available top 2 center in the NHL that is available. They don't come along very often. There will be other options but like I said, Personally, if the Habs can acquire him without giving up Sergachev and only subtracting Gallagher from the core, I make the move. The single biggest issue holding the Habs from being a top 10 team vs a top 5 team is up the middle! Imagine Galchenyuk on the wing with a guy like Duchene as his center and Radulov on the other wing. Then Patch/Shipachev/Byron as your 2nd and Danault/Pleky/Shaw as your 3rd. 4th line is easy to come up with.
you would have a $20 million dollar first line

Old
03-23-2017, 09:00 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
#1: get a centerman. One who can help Galchenyuk be the 2C OR one that will allow Galchenyuk to be moved to wing so we can be done with the hysteria because we have our 1C.

#2: get a LHD. We know we have Sergachev in the pipeline and closer to the NHL than not, but you can maybe be proactive and get one nonetheless. If Sergachev does crack the line-up, he can start as your 2LD or the other LD will be the 2LD with Sergachev on the top pair with Weber.

#3: extend the likes of Radulov, Galchenyuk, and Markov.

#4: make a deal with Vegas to select either Emelin or Plekanec.

#5: trade Beaulieu if you end up finding a LD as I mentioned in #2. He can also be tied to acquiring a centerman I talk about in #1.
#1A: Fire Kirk Muller ASAP. His offensive vision is putrid.

Old
03-23-2017, 09:04 PM
missthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
#1A: Fire Kirk Muller ASAP. His offensive vision is putrid.
Fire Bergy, trade cement legs paciorety. two goals in two home games, what a joke. need scorers trade for more grinders. What a joke this franchise has become.

Old
03-23-2017, 09:07 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Molson sells the team. Please.

Old
03-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
They should look at flipping Weber for a young d-man entering his prime while his value is still high.
Klefborn.. or Subban?

Old
03-23-2017, 09:11 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 143
Trade Galchenyuk and trade Beaulieu for some character guys. Enough of these party hounds and lack of character guys a la Subban, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Hudon.

Bring in some more grit too. Gotta build up our grinding and prepare for long playoffs series with some big guys.

We need to build from within.

Old
03-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
They should look at flipping Weber for a young d-man entering his prime while his value is still high.
I wonder if we could trick the preds into trading PK Subban to us for him 1-for-1... I'd even add if needed

Old
03-23-2017, 09:26 PM
OnTheRun
Cheerleader

Off season moves? More like biannual bottom-6 tweaks.

Old
03-23-2017, 09:31 PM
deandebean

Fire the GM and his suite.

Old
03-23-2017, 09:44 PM
webersshot

Galchenyuk, Juulsen 1st for John Tavares
Offer sheet Drouin
Trade Beaulieu and Plekanec and Emelin to recoupe assets
Sign shipachoyov

Old
03-23-2017, 09:44 PM
webersshot

And call up Hudon for the love of god

Old
03-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Scriptor

Quote:
Galchenyuk will not be moved. Forget about it and don't listen to the "Ontario" market as they are only trying to create ratings and stories. It's a very dumb move and could be Seguin round 2. Lets not get confused with Galchenyuk and his ability to create offense on a team with lack of top 2 centers and lack of top 6 depth. Galchenyuk is a serious talent and is only entering his prime years now. Lock him up long term and MB will get it done.
Galchenyuk is still 5 years away from his prime. He'll be awesome, if his maturity level catches up...

Old
03-23-2017, 10:11 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil2005 View Post
If I were to make a wager I'd say Galchenyuk and Beaulieu are traded at the draft or the week of the draft. Dreger was hinting this morning that if Chucky continues to struggle at C that he might be used as a trade chip tat the draft.
So basically what you're saying is, Galchenyuk definitely won't be traded.

03-23-2017, 11:38 PM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Molson sells the team. Please.
Since everything appears to be coming full circle with our last two coaches, I suppose Molson sells the team to George Gillette, then gainey replaces bergevin, fires Julien, and Carbo is back in the fold.

Old
03-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Genesis76

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Klefborn.. or Subban?
Lol its funny because thatas exactly what Nashville did...

Old
03-23-2017, 11:50 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
News released today ... looks like Shipachev will have choices on where to go. I think Las Vegas wants them as well.

https://theleafsnation.com/2017/03/2...nov-shipachev/

If it's a competition to get him, MB will have to outbid with higher salary, or offer a long term contract at a decent salary. Not so sure about that second option being a good idea considering he is not NHL tested, and especially since Radulov wants a long term contract as well.

Considering Weber is here forever, this has some forboding of an old age disaster.

Last edited by RealityBytes: 03-24-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old
03-24-2017, 12:38 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil2005 View Post
If I were to make a wager I'd say Galchenyuk and Beaulieu are traded at the draft or the week of the draft. Dreger was hinting this morning that if Chucky continues to struggle at C that he might be used as a trade chip tat the draft.
Dreger doesn't have the faintest idea what the Canadiens would do. He should not be taken seriously at all.

Old
03-24-2017, 12:41 AM
Big Lurk

Quote:
Take a look at that roster I posted at the beginning? It's very solid! Yes, Pleky has taken a step back but it's only for one more year and you keep him for insurance kind of reasons in case Shipachev struggles. Pleky as your 3C with Danault and Shipachev as 1C and 2C would be the best we had in decades!
Ewwwwwwwwwww

Closed Thread