HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Potential Off Season Moves by the Habs

View Poll Results: What now?
Overhaul (Big changes across the board) 30 32.26%
Tweak (A couple of moves is all we need) 26 27.96%
Rebuild (Trade vets for picks/prospects) 37 39.78%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2017, 01:33 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
I feel like actively participating in this thread would imply giving up hopes on the playoffs.

Old
03-24-2017, 01:37 PM
CH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I feel like actively participating in this thread would imply giving up hopes on the playoffs.
What if there was no hope to begin with ?

Old
03-24-2017, 01:38 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You had hopes for the playoffs?

Old
03-24-2017, 01:42 PM
Runner77

vCash: 11836
When the Habs lose consecutive games to teams like Detroit and Carolina, this type of thread is expected on HF.

Old
03-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Puck Luck Run Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPOS123 View Post
(((((((((((((((( Had this in the MB thread - guess it really belongs here))))))))))))))))

Sadly, with the way MB backed himself into a corner with his "changing four quarters for a dollar" moves over the years, i just don't see how the Habs can improve over the summer.

We have no offensive prospects of note that can come in and impact the team next year or even the next 3 years, so forget that possibility.

Sign free agents you say? The free agent pool, outside of maybe TJ Oshie, is pathetic and if Radulov's recent play is any indication, he is not the saviour either.

KHL free agents? Let's be honest, we will have big time competition to sign any and even if by some miracle we do, they will probably go the way of Sekac.

Trades? We have little non-core assets to trade and what little we do have are not worth much.

People here should get used to seeing this same team for the next few years because, outside of trading Price and Weber for massive hauls (which i would be for), nothing will change.
(unless of course, you consider bringing in more character and leadership as an improvement)
The second point can also apply to the first. Why would any player sign in Montreal and not sign in the 15-20 or so teams with better chances at winning the Cup instead? Not to mention Quebec's lovely tax rate, roads and non-english school systems... (don't kid yourselves if you think that doesn't play into a guy like Price's thought process about raising a family here)

Old
03-24-2017, 03:17 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck Run Amok View Post
The second point can also apply to the first. Why would any player sign in Montreal and not sign in the 15-20 or so teams with better chances at winning the Cup instead? Not to mention Quebec's lovely tax rate, roads and non-english school systems... (don't kid yourselves if you think that doesn't play into a guy like Price's thought process about raising a family here)
Are you seriously implying that Carey Price will send his daughter to a public school?

Old
03-24-2017, 03:18 PM
76ftw

vCash: 2307
Quote:
Do you really think any Habs players kids go to public school? Come on.

Old
03-24-2017, 03:29 PM
Puck Luck Run Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Do you really think any Habs players kids go to public school? Come on.
Isn't there some law about sending your kid to french school if the parent's didn't attend an english one in the province? Haven't lived in Quebec in a few years. Whenever I do visit I'm immediately worried about the state of my car's suspension

Old
03-24-2017, 03:34 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
When the Habs lose consecutive games to teams like Detroit and Carolina, this type of thread is expected on HF.
I listened to the French sports radio this morning and callers were pissing and moaning about the team this week. I recall on Monday after we beat Ottawa back-to-back and people were calling in praising the team and talking about how they made a statement and they mean business, etc etc.

And then I hear Tony "Love Doctor" Marinaro try to get a husband and a wife to go have sex after they hang up.

Montreal sports radio at its finest! A lot like HF!

Old
03-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsGorgeous View Post
Sign Shipachev, Move Galchenyuk to Wing, Keep Pleky for one more year, Negotiate for LV to take Emelin (with draft pick), Trade for Duchene in a package deal where the Aves can select from this list (Juulsen, Davidson, Gallagher, Lehkonen, McCarron, Scherbak, 1st round pick, 2nd round picks). No team is giving up guys like Sergachev so if the Avs want to trade Duchene, I bet no team in the NHL will have a better selection than what the Habs have to offer (or are willing to offer).

My best offer for Duchene would be this: Gallagher, Lehkonen, Juulsen, Davidson, Lindgren, 1st

Next years line-up:

Galchenyuk ($6.25M) / Duchene ($6M) / Radulov ($6.25M)
Patch ($4.5) / Shipachev ($3.5M) / Byron ($1.17M)
Danault ($0.91M) / Pleky ($6M) / Shaw ($3.9M)
Hudon ($0.63M) / Mitchell ($1.2M) / McCarron ($0.86M)
Carr ($0.73M)

Markov ($5.75M) / Weber ($7.86M)
Sergachev ($0.93M) / Petry ($5.5M)
Beaulieu ($3M) / Benn ($1.1M)
Nesterov ($0.9M)

Price ($6.5M)
Montoya ($1.06M)
I was going to answer seriously to your post... and then I saw you put the 5th best goal scorer of the league on a second line.

So many wrong decisions in that post. Duchesne for one year would be useless anyway.

Old
03-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I was going to answer seriously to your post... and then I saw you put the 5th best goal scorer of the league on a second line.

So many wrong decisions in that post. Duchesne for one year would be useless anyway.
Duchene has another two years left on his deal.

Old
03-25-2017, 10:55 AM
Andrei79

Quote:
Isn't there some law about sending your kid to french school if the parent's didn't attend an english one in the province? Haven't lived in Quebec in a few years. Whenever I do visit I'm immediately worried about the state of my car's suspension
It's for parents who attended english school in Canada and it's for children attending public school. I'd be surprised if any hockey player sends their kids to public shool, french or english.

Old
03-25-2017, 01:30 PM
angry pirate

Quote:

Line combinations are not the same thing as depth charts. Pacioretty would still likely lead in TOI, be on the #1 PP, and likely PK a bit. ie. He's still the #1 LW. The offense is just spread out a bit.

Old
03-25-2017, 01:44 PM
angry pirate

I have a feeling that MB will overpay for Hanzal. Was linked to him all season. Has been trying to make a bigger and we desperately need a center. If we lose Plekanec to Vegas and don't land a top 6 center, I see MB going after Brian Boyle for a 3rd line role.

Old
03-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
I have a feeling that MB will overpay for Hanzal. Was linked to him all season. Has been trying to make a bigger and we desperately need a center. If we lose Plekanec to Vegas and don't land a top 6 center, I see MB going after Brian Boyle for a 3rd line role.
still doesn't address scoring and skill in top 6

Old
03-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Runner77

vCash: 11836
Quote:
If we lose Plekanec to Vegas ...
I wouldn't use the word "lose" when describing Plekanec moving on to another team. "Happily rid of" sounds more like it.

Old
03-25-2017, 02:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Hold a press conference to tell us he tried and that trades are hard.

You're welcome.

Old
03-25-2017, 02:10 PM
M.C.G. 31
Notorious

vCash: 656
Set the wheels in motion to tank for Dahlin and/or Svechnikov.

03-25-2017, 03:25 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Sham View Post
still doesn't address scoring and skill in top 6
We are going to have some big question marks going into next season for sure.. But if we can add a 40+ point center that is defensively responsible, is big, and wins faceoffs than we'll be a lot better off than we currently are. Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, hopefully Radulov, then hopefully Gallagher has a bounce back season, and Lehkonen continues developing.

Like I said, lots of question marks going into the season, but we don't necessarily need a major overhaul to get the offensive back on track.. Another talented center would go a long way of taking the pressure off of Galchenyuk.

Old
03-26-2017, 04:48 PM
mrinsane

Habs take a look around for a true #1 center or live or die with Galchy as #1 center and look on the FA's for a second line center.. (JumboJoe or someone else) plus give new contrat to Martinsen, Ott, Radulov, Markov.

Julien should give a chance to Nygren/Lernout to prove they can play NHL minutes and push Hudon on the 3rd line.. try to deal Nate the Great for a good RWer and maybe add Gallagher to mixed pot. If they can .. give an extension to Price put Sergachev with Weber all season long to develop him correctly. If the Habs can sign Shipachev and Dadonov to a friendly cap salary I'd be happy.

Old
03-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Habs take a look around for a true #1 center or live or die with Galchy as #1 center and look on the FA's for a second line center.. (JumboJoe or someone else) plus give new contrat to Martinsen, Ott, Radulov, Markov.

Julien should give a chance to Nygren/Lernout to prove they can play NHL minutes and push Hudon on the 3rd line.. try to deal Nate the Great for a good RWer and maybe add Gallagher to mixed pot. If they can .. give an extension to Price put Sergachev with Weber all season long to develop him correctly. If the Habs can sign Shipachev and Dadonov to a friendly cap salary I'd be happy.
First, it is MB who would give that chance to these guys to get in Montreal. Weber, Petry and Benn are fine on Right D.

Old
03-26-2017, 04:57 PM
LaP

First thing first.

We need to get rid of Plekanec and Emelin. I like both player but we need the cap hit and they are replaceable.

Old
03-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Didn't the Habs redeem themselves with their Trifecta over Kanata's Team?

Old
03-26-2017, 05:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Feelings can be deceiving.

Old
03-27-2017, 06:25 AM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:

Ever consider 2 scoring lines? Ever consider that on any given night, your 2nd listed line could be your first line? Your obsession with a top line and having all your best players on it at the cost of line chemistry is childish!

1 year of Duchene eh?

Get real. Your post is trash. I posted legit options that MB has. You may not like them but they are very possible and make the Habs a much better team IMO

Closed Thread