HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Old
04-16-2017, 06:28 PM
wetcardboard

vCash: 500
I use Gamecentre Live (Canada's NHL.tv), and it's buttery smooth on my phone, tablet and Xbox. However I noticed it's complete garbage through a browser on a laptop or desktop PC. I've tried Chrome, IE and Edge and the video quality is fine but it's very choppy/stuttery. Any ideas why? I love Gamecentre because it's the exact same quality as TV on all of my devices, for the longest time if you ever streamed anything on the internet you could never get that smoothness that only broadcast television could give you, but on a computer it sucks!!

wetcardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 08:05 PM
HavlatMach9
streamable 3rah1

on PC, it's not buttery smooth, but normally, it's not choppy or stuttering either

i just sucked it up and started using kodi for buttery smooth on PC

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

vCash: 50
Quick question guys, i was having an active nhl tv subscription all season long which was billed monthly. Since the play-offs started, though, i cant watch any more games because i apparently dont have an active subscription anymore. I did not cancel it, am i therefore right to assume that my subscription ended after the regular season and i would have to get a seperate package for the play-offs?

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 09:12 PM
CgyfanCZ

Anybody with troubles going the games on? Some errors in nhl.tv right now?

CgyfanCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 03:17 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Quick question guys, i was having an active nhl tv subscription all season long which was billed monthly. Since the play-offs started, though, i cant watch any more games because i apparently dont have an active subscription anymore. I did not cancel it, am i therefore right to assume that my subscription ended after the regular season and i would have to get a seperate package for the play-offs?
This seems to be "standard" since last year.

I was able to watch the first 2 games from NYR - MTL with my normal subscription ..
Started the App yesterday morning to watch the game afterwards and NHL.TV App on PS4 said I am not valid to watch.

Logged into my account and had to buy playoff package for USD 29.99.
No idea why those **** are going to make things so complicated all time.

So, to your question: Yes you have to get a seperate package, your monthly subscription should be "done" for this season already.

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 04:40 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realize View Post

I was able to watch the first 2 games from NYR - MTL with my normal subscription ..
Started the App yesterday morning to watch the game afterwards and NHL.TV App on PS4 said I am not valid to watch.

So, to your question: Yes you have to get a seperate package, your monthly subscription should be "done" for this season already.
Thanks for confirmation!

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 06:25 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 5762
During the regular season the picture quality was perfect, ever since the playoffs started more often than not it's been garbage. i don't get it.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Hamilton Brian

Has anyone's gamecentre just dropped? Watching the game and then it froze, and then subsequent attempts to restart the app now show up with an "error has occured."

Hamilton Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Getting NHL.TV instead of CenterIce this season was the best decision I've made in a long time. I love NHL.TV. Significantly better than CenterIce IMO, especially considering Comcast in Philly area didn't carry CenterIce games in HD. Like, are you kidding? I've complained to them for YEARS then finally switched. Happy I did.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 11:07 PM
flyingkiwi
Let's gone Jets

Having a weird issue atm. When I'm streaming a game using NHL tv in Chrome the stream runs fine, but nothing else using the Internet on my PC loads. I can't load another tab or connect to steam for example. Any ideas?

flyingkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Habsfan18

1 season with Gamecenter Live was enough for me. It's back to Center Ice next season.

04-21-2017, 10:30 PM
TheStroker

I've never seen it as choppy as it is right now. BS.

TheStroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Possibly playoff rights holder blackouts.

Old
04-30-2017, 01:23 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Possibly playoff rights holder blackouts.
Yes. Nhl.tv is regular season only. Nbc owns all of the playoffs rights and games are streamed through their app (which you have to have an nbcsn subscription for)

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 12:25 AM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
1 season with Gamecenter Live was enough for me. It's back to Center Ice next season.
I wish it was that simple . For those of us who have cut the cord and don't want to go back there really aren't that many options out there .

Last edited by gillesgilbert: 05-11-2017 at 10:04 PM.
gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 08:00 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realize View Post

Is there a difference if you pay for the whole season up front even though the price is the same over the course of the season?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Giskard
Spumoni!

vCash: 450
What happened tonight? SCF Game-1 ended at 11:00pm but it wasn't ready for replay until 12:30am ... usually it doesn't take one and half hour after the game is over to be ready for replay.

Giskard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

With the alternative ways to watch games nowadays and the betterment of those, I am definitely thinking of not renewing my GCL next year. Would save a lot of money.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 10:40 PM
HavlatMach9
streamable 3rah1

I had great experience with GCL this year, especially in the playoffs.

Wishlist would be 60fps on browser, and 4k

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 08:59 AM
TestGrave

I hope someone has experience with NHL.tv who could answer this question. I might be abroad (outside the US) for a while and back in Europe. Would me and my wife (who will be in the US) be able to share one account to watch games live and/or rewatch? If we couldn't watch at the same time, that'd be fine too, due to the time difference, but would one of us be blocked without a VPN?

TestGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 06:29 PM
PRMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mega Chychrun View Post
Sling TV or Playstation Vue could work.
They both have a free trial too.

PRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 08:30 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestGrave View Post
I hope someone has experience with NHL.tv who could answer this question. I might be abroad (outside the US) for a while and back in Europe. Would me and my wife (who will be in the US) be able to share one account to watch games live and/or rewatch? If we couldn't watch at the same time, that'd be fine too, due to the time difference, but would one of us be blocked without a VPN?
This is a good question. Sorry to say I can't give you a definite answer, but I wouldn't think it matters. IIRC, I signed into my account to watch some games at my parents' home while I was visiting from overseas. I think my dad was able to watch games in the States and I could watch from abroad. I have no idea about the exact timing aspect you're asking about though.

It very possibly could matter. I would contact them directly with this question. I'm less than happy with the way they do things and for the league's main streaming service it all feels a little scheisty IMO.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 07:55 PM
jls24

Still have blackouts this year? Then no thanks.

jls24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 10:56 AM
rivermanfan

nhl.tv on xbox one

I have streamed NHL.TV on my Xbox One for the last couple of seasons. For the most part I have been happy, as the team I follow is out of market. Stream quality could be better, but at least I get to see my team.

The problem is when I want to watch a game live, but join in progress, I can't watch from the beginning. I lets me go to the start of the game, but just gives me the "Game will begin shortly" screen. If I start the stream on time, I can walk away for an hour or so and go back to the beginning and watch. This is good for skipping comercial breaks.

I just wanted to see if anyone is having this problem and if you have any possible solutions.

Thanks!

rivermanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 03:55 AM
Soedy

When you see the screen, have you tried to fast forward? Done this on PS4 when I had to work next day (skipping intermissions and commercial breaks saves me an hour of sleep).

Soedy is online now   Reply With Quote