HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Really Shocked JD didn't notice this

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Really Shocked JD didn't notice this

When the face-off is to the right side in the Rangers Zone Dom Moore becomes a right handed shoot and takes the face off right handed. He did this all game long last night and i even went home and checked the tape to make sure i wasn't crazy. This is no small feat and he did well something like 4-1 on draws great job.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
When the face-off is to the right side in the Rangers Zone Dom Moore becomes a right handed shoot and takes the face off right handed. He did this all game long last night and i even went home and checked the tape to make sure i wasn't crazy. This is no small feat and he did well something like 4-1 on draws great job.
I didn't notice that, either, good eye! I'll be looking for that in the next game.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Dominic Moore is sick, defintely one of my favourite players.
How can you NOT love him and Ortmeyer.
They better be Rangers for life!

Old
02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
If there's a way to e-mail him, you should. Seriously. This is not something that is east to notice and I wouldn't be surprised, even as good as he is, if he didn't. If they get an e-mail they may bring it up in the next game. Good eye!

Old
02-09-2006, 10:42 AM
KasparKrunch

i noticed it like a month ago. i thought to myself what the **** is he doing. whatever, as long as he wins 'em.

i know ward is playing center and all but the rangers could really use another right handed center who can win draws in the d-zone....(immonen).

Old
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Ola

Old timers would shot both ways before they started playing with a curved blade.

Old
02-09-2006, 11:33 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
when you play you don't do that?

Quote:

I'm surprised because I've been doing that for as long as I can remember. And alot of folks I play against also do it.

I'm not amberdextrious, but when I camp out in front and I'm on my back hand, I switch to lefty to get a better swipe at the puck.

Old
02-09-2006, 01:43 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
a few games ago they said something about that i think

Old
02-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
not sure i never heard it mentioned

Old
02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

Quote:

It is pretty cool. I played college baseball and switch hit and I try to do that in my rec hockey league....if you are comfortable with that, it isn't that bad...im surprised more centers don't try it....

Very cool that he does it....so smart...havard boy eh?

Old
02-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Dominic Moore is sick, defintely one of my favourite players.
How can you NOT love him and Ortmeyer.
They better be Rangers for life!
They keep killing penalties like they did against Ottawa, and I don't see how they relace them.

Old
02-10-2006, 08:03 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
They keep killing penalties like they did against Ottawa, and I don't see how they relace them.
Pretty easy. Take Moore for instance. The Rangers just might have his exact clone in Helminen. Except that Dewey has showed a scoring touch that Moore has never exhibited. However, despite the scoring, I think that Helminen's future is as a bottom-2 line center. So IF he can show that he can do all the things that Moore can do and be more involved in scoring, then Moore becomes expendable.
Now Ortmeyer is a different story. A prospect would have to outhustle Jed, and that is not easily done. For a would-be prospect to make Jed expendable, he would have to have a better scoring acumen (not that tough) AND be able to outhit and outhustle him (not that easy).

Closed Thread