HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trotzy's "Six Center Concept"

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2006, 11:49 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Trotzy's "Six Center Concept"

Trotzy's "Six Center Concept"....well...7 when [if] Leggy comes back healthy enough to contribute....

From today's Tennessean:

Nashville now has six healthy centers — Perreault, Sillinger, Greg Johnson, Scott Nichol, Vernon Fiddler and Jerred Smithson.

David Legwand, out since knee surgery on Dec. 12, is expected to return to action next week.

Trotz acknowledged there is a logjam at the position, but indicated he planned to regularly mix six into the lineup, meaning a couple centers can expect to log time playing wing.

"Right now with the icing rules and the fact that you need a left and a right hand draw sometime, there is nothing wrong with having two centermen out every time there's a line on the ice," he said.

"That's a luxury I think teams would enjoy to have. So there is a good chance you can see two natural center icemen playing on the same line."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....601310346/1028

Is this just smoke and mirrors...giving them time to access what Legwand is going to come back like and then jetasoning 2 centers during a physical dman acquistition?

Or is it a feasible concept with our personnel?

Old
01-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think we could seriously switch Perrault or Sillinger over to a wing on one of the top two lines if needed, and Smithson/Nichol could as well...but lets be realistic. We are stacked at the wing position. Kariya, Sullivan, Hartnell on the left, Erat, Walker, Hall on the right. Where are we going to put all of these centers on the wing? You could put three centers on the fourth line, but I think Hordichuk deserves his spot. I think what we are looking at is 5 centers in the lineup each night with one on the RW on the fourth line. Anything else is a mistake IMO, until Legwand comes back. When Leggy returns...maybe you get a little more creative or just run with 3 scoring lines.

01-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Predonater

3 Scoring lines are good. LOL!!

Old
01-31-2006, 03:56 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Trotz has lost it!

No, seriously picking up Sillinger was a smart move for you guys. Having 6 NHL-worthy centers is going to come through big time on your face-offs and neutral zone play up until the deadline when I've got to think 1 of them gets dealt for a dman. Sounds good for the playoffs if you ask me.

Old
02-01-2006, 07:31 PM
muddycreek*

I guess I'm dumb, but, tell me what we need in a center? Is it a tough stand in front of the crease sort of gut who can score off rebounds and re-directs, and deal it off? Size? Age? Experence? What? Dotto defensman?

Old
02-03-2006, 10:15 AM
AdmiralPred

With a little center movement the past few days, I thought I'd throw out Steve Reinprecht's name. Since Calgary moved him as he didn't 'fit' with Sutter's system, would he have 'fit' with Trotz's? Or is Reinprecht a bit pricey for the Preds? What is he at $1.5 mil? Steady 40+ pts, similar in size with Sillinger, still defensively responsible, probably not quite as good in the face-off circle as Sillinger, but can still play all over the FW line as Sillinger can. There are Oiler's fans out there saying that they'd rather face Leclerc than Reinprecht in Calgary. Could it have been Reinprecht rather than Sillinger in Nashville?

Last edited by AdmiralPred: 02-03-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old
02-03-2006, 06:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
With a little center movement the past few days, I thought I'd throw out Steve Reinprecht's name. Since Calgary moved him as he didn't 'fit' with Sutter's system, would he have 'fit' with Trotz's? Or is Reinprecht a bit pricey for the Preds? What is he at $1.5 mil? Steady 40+ pts, similar in size with Sillinger, still defensively responsible, probably not quite as good in the face-off circle as Sillinger, but can still play all over the FW line as Sillinger can. There are Oiler's fans out there saying that they'd rather face Leclerc than Reinprecht in Calgary. Could it have been Reinprecht rather than Sillinger in Nashville?

I didn't really want any part of Rhino. He's always been a bit soft and on the injury prone side as well. Sillinger is, as Trotz said, "battle tested," and I think our team needed that. I'll take a guy that's nearing 25 goals that can play with grit on the PP or PK...and has been there before...any day.

Old
02-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Uppie101

The Preds need a couple of more centers. Worked well for them tonight!!!

Old
02-08-2006, 10:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101
The Preds need a couple of more centers. Worked well for them tonight!!!

Sigh, if only Upshall had been up. Then we would have won!!

Old
02-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Since Legwand's injury, we have won 15 games, and lost 15 games. Most of our wins have been against the dregs of the league. 0.500 hockey from here on out will get us into the playoffs but thats all its going to do at this point.

Old
02-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Uppie101

That will all change when we get a couple of more centers.

Old
02-10-2006, 07:05 PM
mikedifr

Sillinger has played a lot of RW in his career. He is good at faceoffs so you can have him out there with a center that is not great on faceoffs, let Sillinger take it and mover over to the wing afterwards. If I remember, Perreault has played some RW as well.

Closed Thread