HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antropov vs Arnason?Rumor!

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Metallian*

vCash: 500
Talon has shown to be a horrible horrible horrible GM so far, so this isn't very unrealistic when you consider the guy traded Babchuk for no namer, signed Khabibulin to that huge contract, etc etc. in under a year

He's insane

Old
02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallian
Talon has shown to be a horrible horrible horrible GM so far, so this isn't very unrealistic when you consider the guy traded Babchuk for no namer, signed Khabibulin to that huge contract, etc etc. in under a year

He's insane
Khabibulin had just won the cup, and was one of the best goalers last year

Old
02-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspdad
I'm disappointed. After reading the title of this thread I thought they were going to have a cage match. That would be interesting. I would have to give antropov the edge because of his reach.
hahaha

Arnason is kicking at Antropov's knees, and Antropov has a firm hold on Arnasons forehead, gripping him like Shaq grips a basketball. Then Antropov releases Arnason, only to crush him with a mighty left that sends him down for good.

Old
02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
I agree they would be downgrading but since when is the Chicago Daily Herald Times a Toronto media outlet?
He was so eager to write his stupid bash that he forgot to check what paper it was.

Old
02-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallian

He's insane
You haven't followed Babchuk much since 02 have you?

He hasn't developed as expected with the Hawks and was due for a fresh start.

Khabibulin's been battling a groin injury since game 1.

Old
02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
GaryU

Oh, and Oil Slick....ya need to read up on what happened between Arny/Sutter. Sutter 2-handed Arny during practice to 'get a rise' out of him. And, Sutter was half in the bag when he picked a fight with Arny in a bar. Trust me, it COULDN'T have been the other way around(if you know anything about Arnason).

Old
02-09-2006, 07:20 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU
Oh, and Oil Slick....ya need to read up on what happened between Arny/Sutter. Sutter 2-handed Arny during practice to 'get a rise' out of him. And, Sutter was half in the bag when he picked a fight with Arny in a bar. Trust me, it COULDN'T have been the other way around(if you know anything about Arnason).
I seek enlightenment on this comment?

Old
02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
I seek enlightenment on this comment?
He's more relaxed than a 60's hippie.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
I agree they would be downgrading but since when is the Chicago Daily Herald Times a Toronto media outlet?
Sportsnet is from Toronto...I know it is coming from Chicago, but they are reporting it too.

I just don't see the appeal of wanting Antropov? There is no upside to his game.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Transplanted Caper

Also the wording of the Sportsnet rumour should be taken into account. "Toronto is willing to offer Nik Antropov for Tyler Arnason". Well im sure they are, I would. Doesnt mean Chicago has an interest.

Old
02-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard this line from Leafs fans...

Give it up, Antropov is useless. He has about as much hockey sense as a golf club.
Please watch him play before making these kinds of comments.

Whatever you want to find to criticize Antropov for, the last thing would be hockey sense. There's nothing wrong with his hockey sense at all.

Old
02-09-2006, 10:34 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Sportsnet is from Toronto...I know it is coming from Chicago, but they are reporting it too.
Are you saying a program/feature, on a sports station, shouldn't report a rumour because they are in the same city as the rumoured team? They didn't start it, they are just reporting it. They didn't say it was done, or even likely to be done. Just on the table, and since it's on the table and not a done deal, it's not likely to get done (at that price at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Habs
I just don't see the appeal of wanting Antropov? There is no upside to his game.
.5 ppg player, kills penalties, is physical, can't skate overly well. Doesn't finish often enough, but you can't expect him to be a player he isn't. Still relatively young, but likely won't exceed a 50 point season.

This is more of a Toronto wants Arnason, what are they willing to give up rumour than anything else. It's no secret Chicago has had issues with him. The Sutter issue, the scratching a little while ago. I think Eklund reported this like a month ago.

Old
02-09-2006, 11:02 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
There's tons of upside, that's what drives us nuts as Leaf fans. Every game you'll see a flash or two of the player Nik can be when he simplifies his game. I think he overthinks a lot right now. Too many cutesy passes, too little shooting. But there's times where he'll just take the puck and go hard to the net, and at his size, he's nearly impossible to stop.

Despite the fact that he seems to have recieved no formal skating lessons in Khazakstan, he's actually a very solid defensive player, and the offence really isn't that bad. As someone mentioned before, he scores at about 0.5 PPG.

I agree, there may not be any appeal for other teams, but it's not because he's useless. The injuries that have plagued him his whole career are probably what would scare most teams off, and I don't blame them.

Basically, I think we might as well hold on to him. At this stage, nothing we could get for him would be worth the potential upside (unless the Arnason rumours are true)

Old
02-10-2006, 07:45 AM
mydnyte

Quote:

Antropov may be the best passer, and have the best 'vision' on the Leafs, his main problems, and they are as big as he is, are his health and skating.

...he seems like he's always off balance and is a really rough skater (which may also be why/how he gets his knee injuries)

...he isnt slow, but he's really awkward, and I dont know if he'll ever learn to skate better but, if he does, he can fulfill his potential.

He's also strong as a horse, and when he wants, impossible to move off the puck, problem is, once he starts to get physical on a regular basis, he turns up injured.

What he really needs is some serious skating lessons, and a full time strength and conditioning coach. ...and maybe some yoga for agility/flexability.

Old
02-10-2006, 09:34 AM
joepeps

Whats with the Antropov bashing
GP G A P +/- PIM
34 6 10 16 2 38

whats wrong with that? On a team thats -9 on the year?

The guy plays PK PP ES 4-4 OT first Line with Poni, hustles all the time, he never dogs it out there and tries his *** off... He lost both his parents and had a few knee problems, GIVE THE GUY A BREAK... not everyone is Nash or AO... chill

Old
02-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Blue Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
No thanks.

Chicago has no room for another young dman ready to play 3rd pairing minutes.

And a Calder/Antropov swap would make the 5000 Hawk fans riot.
There is that many left after all these years?
What a shame, original six team and all.

Closed Thread