Notices

Zinovjev-Bergeron-Green

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 04:14 AM
chsb

vCash: 500
Zinovjev-Bergeron-Green

Zinovjev appears ready for the Bruins by the noise we hear from Providence.
Bergeron is the leading rookie of the NHL at this point.
Green does not seem to be making the job aside Samsonov at this point and some say that he is not a 2nd line centerman.
Rolston and Axelsson are playing Bergeron with them as a winger and are very fond of him and your 3rd line is doing as well or even better than your 2nd line.
If Boston recalls Zinovjev, where is he gonna play?
Things would not be so complicated if Bergeron was not performing so well or if Zinovjev was not adapting that well to AHL and NA.
The truth is that youth is pushing hard in the back of some vets.
As far as I can recall, I always heard of Bergeron as a centerman and a playmaker: he is doing great as a winger, just imagine him as a centeman!
In two games time, Bergeron will, have to stay or be sent back to Junior.
Zinovjev will have to decide if he wants to go back to Siberia, the Bruins will have to decide if they want to try him with the big team and the Bruins will have to decide which is ready for centering line 2 .
Will Bergeron be victim of the numbers crunch? I hope not because I am pretty sure that he is one main ticket to the future.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:36 AM
neelynugs

bergeron is going nowhere. he's here to stay. if he slumps real badly, it's possible that they can send him to the WJC's, but i'd imagine patty is here for the long haul.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:52 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Bergeron

I agree Bergeron isn't going anywhere. What I think is goign to happen with the B's over the next few weeks is we are going to call up Zino to try him out with Sammy as the second line center. With him having the option to return to Russia I don't see us leaving him with the P-Bruins for too long. I think once he's called up Green will move to the 4th line replacing Donato. Then when Zamuner comes back I see him taking the spot of Grosek. Around mid November I see our lines as:

Knuble Thornton Murray
Samsanov Zinovjev Lapointe
Axelsson Rolston Bergeron
Zamuner Green McCarthy

Green and Zamuner will be used as Penalty killers for the most part with Green getting additional time after key faceoffs. If Zino isn't ready then Green could stay on the second line or we could try Bergeron there if his line cools off, with Zamuner taking over on Rolstons right wing. I like these line combinations as we keep the 1st and 3rd lines together which is working right now. Zino get's to play with Sammy and they both have Lapointe for protection. The fourth line has 2 penalty killers, a good faceoff guy and your enforcer. The line would be really responsable in the defensive zone and can pot the occasional goal. We wouldn't have to play with 3 lines for most of the game as the 4th line could log 10 minutes a night as well as lots of PK time, preventing burnout from our top line and Rolston who plays the PK and PP regularly. That's what I want to see anyway. But I'm not the coach and don't really have a say in these matters.

edit * changed description of line from 'third' to 'fourth'

Old
10-23-2003, 09:03 AM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns
I agree Bergeron isn't going anywhere. What I think is goign to happen with the B's over the next few weeks is we are going to call up Zino to try him out with Sammy as the second line center. With him having the option to return to Russia I don't see us leaving him with the P-Bruins for too long. I think once he's called up Green will move to the 4th line replacing Donato. Then when Zamuner comes back I see him taking the spot of Grosek. Around mid November I see our lines as:

Knuble Thornton Murray
Samsanov Zinovjev Lapointe
Axelsson Rolston Bergeron
Zamuner Green McCarthy

Green and Zamuner will be used as Penalty killers for the most part with Green getting additional time after key faceoffs. If Zino isn't ready then Green could stay on the second line or we could try Bergeron there if his line cools off, with Zamuner taking over on Rolstons right wing. I like these line combinations as we keep the 1st and 3rd lines together which is working right now. Zino get's to play with Sammy and they both have Lapointe for protection. The fourth line has 2 penalty killers, a good faceoff guy and your enforcer. The line would be really responsable in the defensive zone and can pot the occasional goal. We wouldn't have to play with 3 lines for most of the game as the 4th line could log 10 minutes a night as well as lots of PK time, preventing burnout from our top line and Rolston who plays the PK and PP regularly. That's what I want to see anyway. But I'm not the coach and don't really have a say in these matters.

edit * changed description of line from 'third' to 'fourth'
I really like those lines...All four lines could be trustworthy on the ice, and all can produce as well...

I think Zino will be up by the end of the month...His style fits Sammy's style..They are both East to West Players..and Sammy doesnt have that now, because he is basically with two dump and chase, north to South Players....They need only one guy as a grinder type..and Lapionte would be a great fit there as that grinder, and let the other two work thier magic....but I am wiling to bet that Zino is up soon...

Old
10-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Rumpy

Those Lines Are Great

Those are the exact same lines I'd like to see if Jillson continues to improve as Boynton did in his rookie year we will have a very very good year....Rumpy

Old
10-23-2003, 09:52 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb
Zinovjev appears ready for the Bruins by the noise we hear from Providence.
Bergeron is the leading rookie of the NHL at this point.
Green does not seem to be making the job aside Samsonov at this point and some say that he is not a 2nd line centerman.
Rolston and Axelsson are playing Bergeron with them as a winger and are very fond of him and your 3rd line is doing as well or even better than your 2nd line.
If Boston recalls Zinovjev, where is he gonna play?
Things would not be so complicated if Bergeron was not performing so well or if Zinovjev was not adapting that well to AHL and NA.
The truth is that youth is pushing hard in the back of some vets.
As far as I can recall, I always heard of Bergeron as a centerman and a playmaker: he is doing great as a winger, just imagine him as a centeman!
In two games time, Bergeron will, have to stay or be sent back to Junior.
Zinovjev will have to decide if he wants to go back to Siberia, the Bruins will have to decide if they want to try him with the big team and the Bruins will have to decide which is ready for centering line 2 .
Will Bergeron be victim of the numbers crunch? I hope not because I am pretty sure that he is one main ticket to the future.
Patrice won't "have to stay or be sent back to Juniors" in two games' time. The Bruins can keep him for 10 games, 20 games, 35 games, 50 games or more and still send him back to his Junior club... the only change should he play more than 10 games is that it will count as a year off his 3-year contract. Other than that, though, the Bruins can return him to Juniors at any time during the season if they so choose.

From everything I've seen from the kid (in camp as well as thusfar in the season), I don't think he'll be heading off to Juniors any time soon.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Closed Thread