HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2005-2006 NY Rangers Player Ranking #12

View Poll Results: 2005-2006 NY Ranger Player Ranking #12
Martin Rucinsky 18 31.03%
Ryan Hollweg 7 12.07%
Micheal Rozsival 17 29.31%
Tom Poti 4 6.90%
Blair Betts 3 5.17%
Petr Sykora 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
2005-2006 NY Rangers Player Ranking #12

2005-2006 NY Rangers Player Ranking Poll #12

#1- Henrik Lundqvist (Goalie)
#2- Jaromir Jagr (Right Wing)
#3- Petr Prucha (Right Wing)
#4- Martin Straka (Left Wing)
#5- Fedor Tyutin (Defense)
#6- Micheal Nylander (Center)
#7- Darius Kasparitis (Defense)
#8- Dominic Moore (Center)
#9- Marek Malik (Defense)
#10- Jed Ortmeyer (Right Wing)
#11- Jason Ward (Right Wing) 20 Votes

Player Nominations to be Added this Round:
Ryan Hollweg: 4 Votes (Added this Round)
Ville Nieminen: 3 Votes
Kevin Weekes: 1 Vote
Jason Strudwick: 1 Vote

Old
02-09-2006, 04:43 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Don't forget player nomination for the next round

Old
02-09-2006, 04:56 PM
polako

add hossa i guess...

Old
02-09-2006, 05:18 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Add Niemo

Old
02-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Add Niemenen

Old
02-09-2006, 05:24 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
add niemo

Old
02-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Block More Shots

Voted Rozsival, add Niemo.

Old
02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

add Hossa

Old
02-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Easily Rozsvial.

He is part of the starting 5 Malik Rozsvial Straka Nylander and Jagr.

Ever since he joined the top power play unit it has clicked.

The guy could be a mainstay on the blueline for awhile here.

Old
02-10-2006, 12:24 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Voted for Hollweg, the team plays more physical when he in the lineup. Add Hossa

Old
02-10-2006, 12:25 AM
ssss

Voted for Hollweg, Add Nieminen

Old
02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Easily Rozsvial.

He is part of the starting 5 Malik Rozsvial Straka Nylander and Jagr.

Ever since he joined the top power play unit it has clicked.

The guy could be a mainstay on the blueline for awhile here.
I have to agree. Rozivals game against Ottawa was the best I've seen a Ranger D play in a really long time, gooing back to Leetch last season here isn't enough. He did everything right, was a threat offensivly when the game was close and then ajusted and played a perfect defensive game. When ever Jagr and Co. ends up on the ice with one of the other pairings its obvious how much Roszival and Malik means for the top line.

My top 12 so far this season would be:

1. Jagr
2. Lundqvist
3. Straka
4. Nylander
5. Roszival
6. Betts
7. Ward
8. Malik
9. Prucha
10. Ortmayer
11. Rucinsky
12. Kaspar

Something I don't get is Moore ahead of Betts, Ward and Ortmayer. Tyutin and Kaspar ahead of Roszival and Malik is a joke.

Betts and Ward wouldn't be out of place if they where listed 3rd and 4th on a list like this.

Last edited by Ola: 02-10-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old
02-10-2006, 09:38 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
add NEMMMMMO!

Old
02-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Evgeny Oliker

[QU

Tyutin and Kaspar ahead of Roszival and Malik is a joke.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you!

What is wrong with you people? Forget that Tyutin and Kaspar are ahead of Malik...but how can Rozsival still not be up there on this list?

Rozsival is a +29...higher than any player who is not on Ottawa! Is that a FLUKE? HELL NO!

A fluke is maybe him being a +10 while other Rangers are a +20...but Rozsival leads the ENTIRE Rangers team in plus/minus! Yes,he plays with the first line...so does Malik and Malik is only a +20 (great, but not +29).

Sure, Rozsival is not flashy, yet instead of insulting him all the time, why don't you guys actually watch one Rangers game and ONLY watch Rozsival during that game! Like against Ottawa, he had 3-4 blocked shots/passes, he was in great position the entire game, he broke up plays, he started plays...WAKE UP PEOPLE! Just because he is not a BIG NAME like Jagr or Malik, doesn't mean he should not be appreciated!

...and add Rucchin, he is a very underrated center.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
[QU

Tyutin and Kaspar ahead of Roszival and Malik is a joke.
I totally agree with you!
[/QUOTE]

I'll go along with that.

Apart from leading the team in ice time and +/- (3rd in the league), Rozy's 2nd on Rangers defenseman in hits, close 3rd in blocked shots behind Kaspar and Malik, leads all Ranger defensemen in shorhanded ice time, ranks 2nd on the team in takeaways...

Just to compare him with Tyutin, who I think most fans have taken a liking to (rightly so), but they're pimping him at Rozsival's expense. unjustly.

Rozsival - Tyutin

Blocked shots: 85-72 (Kaspar leads team with 92... so Rozy's real close)
Takeaways: 32-19 (Ward leads team with 50, Poti leads defensemen with 41)
Hits: 45-37
Time On Ice (per game): 22:31 - 20:14
Shorthanded Time On Ice Per Game: 3:41 - 2:56 (4th ranked PK unit in the league) - Malik leads time with 3:46
Giveaways: 36-35

Yes, Rozy mostly plays with Jagr's unit, but it's clear other units with him and Malik behind them score as well (hence Rozsival's +29 while Jagr is +21).

I know Rozsival's not a sexy name, but the guy is quietly VERY efficient. And him being ranked here out of the top 7 or 8 guys, and especially out of the top 12-13, when he's the closest thing to being called a #1 defenseman on this team, is just a proof people voted for the player they liked best, and not the guys who played like it.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Not enough love for Sykora, IMO.

02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Not enough love for Sykora, IMO.

I have plenty of love for Sykora, he is a +8 despite not playing that much with the Rangers yet.

Yet what I have been trying to say here is who is more crucial to the team?

Take Sykora out of the lineup - Our team will score about as many goals, play a little worse defensively

Take Rozsival out of the lineup- you are left with:

Malik - Poti
Kaspar - Tyutin
Strudwick - Pock

So who would you rather have there on that 1st unit, Poti or Strudwick getting beat left and right by the top forwards in the NHL or Rozsival doing a solid job keeping the puck out of the net???

Old
02-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Hfbk2006

I disagree with anyone who thinks neither Sykora nor Rucinsky is a top 11 player on the team just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Ward, Ort, etc may be your favorites. But that doesn't make them all that talented.

Also... Prucha over Straka shows how biased everyone to their favorites over objective analysis of players. I love Prucha, but let's face it, if Straka and Prucha were the same age, nobody would pick P over S. S is just a better player. P might be better in the future, but certainly not yet.

You are letting your bias towards your favs blind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy
2005-2006 NY Rangers Player Ranking Poll #12

#1- Henrik Lundqvist (Goalie)
#2- Jaromir Jagr (Right Wing)
#3- Petr Prucha (Right Wing)
#4- Martin Straka (Left Wing)
#5- Fedor Tyutin (Defense)
#6- Micheal Nylander (Center)
#7- Darius Kasparitis (Defense)
#8- Dominic Moore (Center)
#9- Marek Malik (Defense)
#10- Jed Ortmeyer (Right Wing)
#11- Jason Ward (Right Wing) 20 Votes

Player Nominations to be Added this Round:
Ryan Hollweg: 4 Votes (Added this Round)
Ville Nieminen: 3 Votes
Kevin Weekes: 1 Vote
Jason Strudwick: 1 Vote

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-10-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old
02-10-2006, 01:53 PM
UAGoalieGuy

This poll is not in regards to overall talent but to how much each player contributes to the teams overall success. But i would agree with you on the fact that Straka should be over Prucha. Also some people tend to vote for their favorites instead of who is most deserving. In order for a poll like this to be completely accurate you would need a sample size of about 2,000 people, which is impossible to do on these boards. Lastly, as always, people will have disagreements from the overall consensus because their favorite player or the player they think is more important doesn't win that round of voting. Life is imperfect, so are these polls

Old
02-10-2006, 01:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I have plenty of love for Sykora, he is a +8 despite not playing that much with the Rangers yet.

Yet what I have been trying to say here is who is more crucial to the team?

Take Sykora out of the lineup - Our team will score about as many goals, play a little worse defensively

Malik - Poti
Kaspar - Tyutin
Strudwick - Pock

So who would you rather have there on that 1st unit, Poti or Strudwick getting beat left and right by the top forwards in the NHL or Rozsival doing a solid job keeping the puck out of the net???
Way too many assumptions

Based on what? The Rangers would have scored as many goals with Kondratiev in the lineup as they will/would with Drats? No way. And worse defensively? Based on what? Not sure when Kondratiev became a shut down defenseman.

Malik - Poti
Kaspar - Tyutin
Strudwick - Pock

Again, you're automatically assuming that it was a Pock or Rozsival choice. And that's just not the case. First of all, Pock was the 8th defenseman, not the seventh. Kondratiev was still here. Regardless, there is nothing to say that the Rangers would have not have signed somebody else on defense.

And to answer you second questions, I'd rather have Sykora on the point over any defenseman not named Tyutin.

Old
02-10-2006, 01:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfbk2006
I disagree with anyone who thinks neither Sykora nor Rucinsky is a top 11 player on the team just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Ward, Ort, etc may be your favorites. But that doesn't make them all that talented.

Also... Prucha over Straka shows how biased everyone to their favorites over objective analysis of players. I love Prucha, but let's face it, if Straka and Prucha were the same age, nobody would pick P over S. S is just a better player. P might be better in the future, but certainly not yet.

You are letting your bias towards your favs blind you.

Of course people are being biased. The whole poll is based upon someone's opinion which by definition means they're biased.

Old
02-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Actually, the only person making ASSUMPTIONS here is you because you are going by what the Rangers were BEFORE the Kondratiev for Sykora trade. Who the hell cares about what they were?

I was talking about the team right now!

Right now, Sykora is a valuable forward but we have great depth at forward. You can always replace Sykora on the 2nd like with Prucha(when he comes back) or Hossa even and not get hurt by it.

You cannot replace Rozsival adequately with any other Rangers D on that top pair. Malik with who then? Poti? Pock? Strudwick? None of them have played nearly as strongly on D as Rozsival has!

Quote:
Way too many assumptions

Based on what? The Rangers would have scored as many goals with Kondratiev in the lineup as they will/would with Drats? No way. And worse defensively? Based on what? Not sure when Kondratiev became a shut down defenseman.

Malik - Poti
Kaspar - Tyutin
Strudwick - Pock

Again, you're automatically assuming that it was a Pock or Rozsival choice. And that's just not the case. First of all, Pock was the 8th defenseman, not the seventh. Kondratiev was still here. Regardless, there is nothing to say that the Rangers would have not have signed somebody else on defense.

And to answer you second questions, I'd rather have Sykora on the point over any defenseman not named Tyutin.

Old
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Actually, the only person making ASSUMPTIONS here is you because you are going by what the Rangers were BEFORE the Kondratiev for Sykora trade. Who the hell cares about what they were?

I was talking about the team right now!

Right now, Sykora is a valuable forward but we have great depth at forward. You can always replace Sykora on the 2nd like with Prucha(when he comes back) or Hossa even and not get hurt by it.

You cannot replace Rozsival adequately with any other Rangers D on that top pair. Malik with who then? Poti? Pock? Strudwick? None of them have played nearly as strongly on D as Rozsival has!

If we're talking about right now, Sykora's value has never been higher to this team with Prucha out (which you seen to view as a minor detail). Hossa has not proven that he can be the player that Sykora is. The great depth at forward is because of Sykora, not in light of him.

As far as Rozsival, he's had a good three weeks, but he's hardly been irreplaceable IMO. I'll wait for you to respond by siting his plus/minus.

Old
02-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
If we're talking about right now, Sykora's value has never been higher to this team with Prucha out (which you seen to view as a minor detail). Hossa has not proven that he can be the player that Sykora is. The great depth at forward is because of Sykora, not in light of him.

As far as Rozsival, he's had a good three weeks, but he's hardly been irreplaceable IMO. I'll wait for you to respond by siting his plus/minus.

There's NO need for me to site his plus/minus. Take a look at the comparison of Rozsival to Tyutin and that is all you need to know. He has been a great all-around Dman for us, blocks shots, breaks up plays, hits, plays PP and PK, does well against the other team's top line.

No one is replaceable on this team, since both Sykora and Rozsival are valuable players. Yet like I said, if Sykora goes down, we will keep winning at about the same rate. Hossa is not Sykora, but he will be fine playing with a fellow Czech in Rucinsky...and if that doesnt work out, we have other lines that chip in day in and day out.

You take our Rozsival and you are ****ED, no kidding. He is no Leetch out there, but what he does is often help shut down the other team's top line. Can Poti or Pock or Strudwick do that consistently against teams like Ottawa or Carolina? You know the answer to that one...

As someone already mentioned, the value of a player is not just in POINTS, but also in how well they play Defense, etc.

Old
02-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:

Rozsival - Tyutin

Blocked shots: 85-72 (Kaspar leads team with 92... so Rozy's real close)
Takeaways: 32-19 (Ward leads team with 50, Poti leads defensemen with 41)
Hits: 45-37
Time On Ice (per game): 22:31 - 20:14
Shorthanded Time On Ice Per Game: 3:41 - 2:56 (4th ranked PK unit in the league) - Malik leads time with 3:46
Giveaways: 36-35

Didn't even put +/- in there. You'd think there's a reason why Renney gives him the most ice time of any Ranger.

Closed Thread