Hockey 101 for women???

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 10:08 AM
goalie31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted elegance
Little puckbunnies make those of us with actual knowledge of the game look bad. :mad: I swear I see one more sign: "MARRY ME JOE" or "I LOVE YOU PJ" I'll vomit, blech. Seriously, they're all down at ice level during warmups and you can hear them talking "OH MY GOD, ROLSTON JUST LOOKED AT ME" and "LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS" pushing little kids aside to get their mugs up against the glass. Just so they can drool. Ok, we all know they have groupies, we all know they may or may not be "cute". Do you really think your sign is going to get them to leave the ice and come sweep you off your feet?

LoL, I think the same thing myself and I have a feeling they really do think these guys are going to leave the ice just to sweep them off their feet. How pathetic.

My friend and took her niece to a game last year, she was 7 at the time, and it was an afternoon game, so we figured, what the heck, we'll let her stand outside the gates with the other kids so she can get some autographs. (plus we figured there'd be less people on the T) There was this one twit there who I swear thought she was all that because she had "been with Nick" (and the whole team apparently from what the security guard later told us). First off she looked to be about 16 and second, unattractiveness aside, I don't think she knew the difference between a forward and a defenseman. The whole scene was both hysterical and disgusting. Seeing this twit in wintry weather with nothing but a little T shirt chasing after the players with the little kids. Funny thing was the minute Thornton saw her, he gunned it. She wasn't very happy. Though we all got a good laugh about it.

She probably was 16 and I really bet the Bs want to risk their careers and famlies for that. Most of the team is married anyway so I doubt they were "with" her. Did she just announce to everyone there she was "with nick boynton" or something? Sad girl, she needs stalkers anonymous.

Next promotion: Hey Seniors, get a free packet of Depends when you purchase tickets to this Tuesday's Bruins home game!!! Your gift will be personally handed out after a private meeting with a Bruins player from 50 years ago!!!!!!!
LMAO!! That's a good one. Watch out they may just use that! hehe

Old
10-24-2003, 10:17 AM
jc4shrx

Send a message via AIM to jc4shrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26
If you've ever been to the BB.com msg board, you'd realize that 95 percent of the posts by women there are "Joe is soooo cute!", "Who's the cutest?", "Who's cuter?" and "I saw Marty today...he's sooo cute!".

Interesting. Have you been there lately? Because those threads usually start as jokes to irritate the men of the board. If they are going to insist that is what to expect that is what they are going to get. :mad:

Came back to edit because the above has come out of anger at a couple of the men on that board. The thread there on this very same topic turned into "women belong at home with children and have fouled up the workplace." I got into a big fight with the guy about it and am still really angry! Don't know why I even go to that board sometimes!

As for Ice Girls, I am glad the Sharks don't have them...YET! The way the team is playing they may resort to that to get the fans back into the Tank (the male ones, anyway).

Old
10-24-2003, 10:17 AM
goalie31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroonBabe34
I understand what you're saying Wally - I don't want to either but I think it needs to be addressed. Maybe here is not the best place, but I wanted to know what other people thoughts were. As season ticket holders, we are subject to this every game. You don't see it on tv.
I agree with Wally. I know when talking about this subject it gets out of hand but I also hear what BB34 is saying too. I don't even bother checking out the official board anymore because of the threads that they make on there is just so out of hand.

I guess I'll add my two cents to this topic.

I was never big on the whole Ice Girls idea with any of the NHL teams. It's not the fact that it's girls or anything like that. I just think if there are going to be Ice Girls for the purpose of entertainment they should have them dress tastefully not in half shirts or bras, etc. I thought they got them to provide entertainment TO ALL! Other women don't need to see that. It's not like there's half naked men out on the ice for us ladies in the crowd. But what really bothers me is the fact that there's children in the crowd and usually a lot. Children shouldn't be seeing this crap. I have a niece and nephew and I certainly don't want them getting any wrong impressions about women on the ice. It's just wrong all over.

If the team is to have Ice Girls they should have them be ladies not tramps on ice. And what's so wrong with making the team half men and half women so that way it's equal? I like that idea.

Closed Thread