HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Number 71

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio
as far as February is concerned...

02-feb-06 : 2/2 ( used on the wing, had a wrist injury )
04-feb-06 : 6/11
05-feb-06 : 7/12
07-feb-06 : 11/15
09-feb-06 : 6/14 ( habs as a whole were simply horrible that night )
Total for February is : 32/54 ( 59% )

no idea about january though I could check.
Where do you find these stats? I've been looking for 20 mins, hah. 59% is amazing for Ribs, heck it's good for anyone.

Old
02-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Where do you find these stats? I've been looking for 20 mins, hah. 59% is amazing for Ribs, heck it's good for anyone.
Official numbers from NHL.com I updated the post with his stats for January.

Old
02-10-2006, 03:12 AM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
I'm suprised. 59% is good stuff.

Old
02-10-2006, 03:58 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
Who is this guy, and what's he done with Ribeiro? He's been playing very well lately. I hope he keeps it up.

On a side note, Downey was an excellent aquisition. Our fourth line is now something to be reckoned with.
Psst... its not Ribeiro... its that fan who hoped on the ice... don't tell anyone this, or more fans will try to make the team that way

Peace out

Old
02-10-2006, 06:47 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
Psst... its not Ribeiro... its that fan who hoped on the ice... don't tell anyone this, or more fans will try to make the team that way
So long as they bring it like this guy, who'd want to stop them?

Old
02-10-2006, 07:25 AM
RC51

At the heart of the matter is Ribs,Kovy and Markov's vision ability.
Thier ability to think first then find the open man.
Tape to tape passes and not just a pass into someone's feet.

When the 3 are on the ice at the same time like on a PP the Habs are much more dangerous. Sure some passes get intercepted but the payoff if the sharp passes get through is a high % shot on goal and as a side benifit of a high % chance for a rebound.

Kovy tried to tell this to Begin about a month ago, stop taking 50ft shots on goal. The press came down on Kovy for seemingly blameing Begin but I don't think Kovy was wrong at all.
Taking 50ft shots is not a good play.

When Kovy is alone he never dumps it in, he tries to beat the defence all by himself, people think he is overdoing it, but he is right, better to try this then to dump it in.

Both plays are low % chances, but Kovy thinks and rightly so that of the two plays, his option has a better chance FOR HIM.

Is it the fact that Kovy makes more good decissions or is it that he makes less bad decissions ? Same thing to me !

Last edited by RC51: 02-10-2006 at 07:31 AM.
Old
02-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Pat

trade value increasing, keep it up Ribs

Old
02-10-2006, 10:46 AM
henri2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
trade value increasing, keep it up Ribs
On the other side Koivu's values is going down

Old
02-10-2006, 10:47 AM
jcpenny

Perezhogin and Kovy have a lot to do with the recent succes of Ribs. Put Koivu there instead and this line is dominating like the start of the season.

Old
02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014
On the other side Koivu's values is going down
His value on the team is decreasing as well, he's seing less and less icetime these days. Hopefully he gets out of the slump after the olympic break.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Perezhogin and Kovy have a lot to do with the recent succes of Ribs. Put Koivu there instead and this line is dominating like the start of the season.
Ribs had been doing well on any line he had been playing on since January. He's even in the +/- since 06. He's really worked on his game... I just hope he can keep it up and add some lower + upper body strength this off-season.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:11 AM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
When Kovalev was aquired, the first line was Zednik-Koivu-??

and the 2nd line was Kovalev-Ribs-Ryder

I cant even remember who was on the first line at the time. I want to say Yanic Perreault. I do remember perreault moving to the wing on the 1st line and having success.
Wasn't it Perreault & Audette who were givien a shot at the 1st line when Kovy came in. Was Ward given a shot?

Old
02-10-2006, 11:13 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Ribs had been doing well on any line he had been playing on since January. He's even in the +/- since 06. He's really worked on his game... I just hope he can keep it up and add some lower + upper body strength this off-season.
He has been in the league for 5 years, what is he waiting for? Id wish the Habs paid me to be his personal trainer, he would learn the meaning of suffering...

Last edited by jcpenny: 02-10-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old
02-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Raskolnikov76

Quote:
I would say that Ribeiro has a lot to do with the recent succes of Kovalev.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:18 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
His value on the team is decreasing as well, he's seing less and less icetime these days. Hopefully he gets out of the slump after the olympic break.
Or could it be because he has the flu maybe! duh. Last night he was so pale, even for a finnish guy.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:26 AM
HCH

I have been one of Ribs most outspoken critics and even I have to admit that he is playing well. To me it looks like Kovalev really enjoys playing with Perezhogin and Ribeiro has some chemistry with both of them.

As for Koivu, he is still working hard. The flu has probably affected his performance in the last couple of games but if Gainey keeps him with Higgins and Ryder for a while, I think that line will eventually gel as well.

Zednik could be the odd man out. The Habs seem to win a lot of games when he isn't playing which brings into question the value he brings to the team.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Or could it be because he has the flu maybe! duh. Last night he was so pale, even for a finnish guy.
He just got the flu like 2 days ago, has nothing to do with his icetime since the begining of February. If he continues to play like this after the olympic break, are you gonna say that he caught something in Turin?

Old
02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
He has been in the league for 5 years, what is he waiting for? Id wish the Habs paid me to be his personal trainer, he would learn the meaning of suffering...
I agree. He should've been more motivated last year. If he could add an additional 10 pds in the off season, it'd be fine.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABIMUS-MAXIMUS
Wasn't it Perreault & Audette who were givien a shot at the 1st line when Kovy came in. Was Ward given a shot?

Audette was long gone

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Perreault was on the 1st line when kovy came in. It worked for a while but Julien was never a big fan of Perreault's and when the team started to struggle, kovy found his way on the first line and Perreault found himself on a 4th line with Darren Langdon

Old
02-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briste
I have been one of Ribs most outspoken critics and even I have to admit that he is playing well. To me it looks like Kovalev really enjoys playing with Perezhogin and Ribeiro has some chemistry with both of them.

As for Koivu, he is still working hard. The flu has probably affected his performance in the last couple of games but if Gainey keeps him with Higgins and Ryder for a while, I think that line will eventually gel as well.

Zednik could be the odd man out. The Habs seem to win a lot of games when he isn't playing which brings into question the value he brings to the team.
I agree with you, but I don't think the Perez-Ribs-Kovalev line will be together for the playoffs. I hope they do well till then, but I don't see Gainey having Kovalev on the second line during the playoffs, although in the playoffs, I'm quite sure he can score on any line.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
When Kovalev was aquired, the first line was Zednik-Koivu-??

and the 2nd line was Kovalev-Ribs-Ryder

I cant even remember who was on the first line at the time. I want to say Yanic Perreault. I do remember perreault moving to the wing on the 1st line and having success.

Audett

Old
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
He just got the flu like 2 days ago, has nothing to do with his icetime since the begining of February. If he continues to play like this after the olympic break, are you gonna say that he caught something in Turin?
http://www.nhl.com/players/gbg/20052006/8459442.html

Here go check his ice time... Played less last 3 games because of flu. Still around 17 mins... and played around 19 minutes all year long. So I don't where you got your information on his icetime. Maybe your just inventing stats like your sister!

Old
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
Audett
He was with the panthers at that point.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
http://www.nhl.com/players/gbg/20052006/8459442.html

Here go check his ice time... Played less last 3 games because of flu. Still around 17 mins... and played around 19 minutes all year long. So I don't where you got your information on his icetime. Maybe your just inventing stats like your sister!
His "Flu" only came 2 days ago. And also, look at his January icetime. Gainey's not using him as much as Claude.

Old
02-10-2006, 12:14 PM
HCH

Quote:
His "Flu" only came 2 days ago. And also, look at his January icetime. Gainey's not using him as much as Claude.
Gainey is rolling 4 lines much more than Julien. It's not so much that Ribs is getting a lot more time, although he may be getting a bit more... it's more of a case of the fourth line actually getting some ice time. That has to come from somewhere, and in this case the somewhere is Koivu's line.

I could be wrong, but the team looks like it has two lines that are more or less equal. The third line is a bit of a drop off in skill level but what is important is that the 4th line is getting more than 1 or 2 minutes a game. That allows the other three lines to play a more up-tempo game than they were under the last days of Julien.

Closed Thread