HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Patrik Laine Part VI: Help! He's Being Repressed!

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2017, 11:50 PM
Lempo
I heart Toby Enström

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1G View Post
Something's been bugging me a lot lately but I don't know the facts. Was Laine's bones structures made public or not ? Did he miss out on 1.8 mil by not being in the top 10 in points ? I have this feeling in my gut that Chevy and or Chipman have marginalized his production so his bonuses do not have to come off the cap next year. As well as come out of chipmans pockets.

Long long time lurker since day 1 of jets 2.0. Haven't missed a game yet. Happy Easter everyone!
7th in goals did the trick, max bonuses.

Also top 10 in Assists or P/PG would do it, or getting nomination for a trophy other than Calder or Lady Byng.

Last edited by Lempo: 04-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old
04-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Festinator

Quote:
Something's been bugging me a lot lately but I don't know the facts. Was Laine's bones structures made public or not ? Did he miss out on 1.8 mil by not being in the top 10 in points ? I have this feeling in my gut that Chevy and or Chipman have marginalized his production so his bonuses do not have to come off the cap next year. As well as come out of chipmans pockets.

Long long time lurker since day 1 of jets 2.0. Haven't missed a game yet. Happy Easter everyone!
Jesus Christ, these conspiracy theories are getting out of hand. I really don't think one of the richest groups in Canada/NA care about a couple million dollars, give your head a shake.

Old
04-14-2017, 12:46 AM
psycho_dad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festinator View Post
Jesus Christ, these conspiracy theories are getting out of hand. I really don't think one of the richest groups in Canada/NA care about a couple million dollars, give your head a shake.
I don't find it very plausible either, but you have to always keep in mind that rich people don't become and stay rich by giving money away. Quite the opposite.

It might not be the most plausible thing here, but it's still a fair conversation point.

Old
04-14-2017, 02:25 AM
Festinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
I don't find it very plausible either, but you have to always keep in mind that rich people don't become and stay rich by giving money away. Quite the opposite.

It might not be the most plausible thing here, but it's still a fair conversation point.
It's not a fair conversation point, it's just assuming management are a bunch of greedy ******** who care for no one but themselves. There's a lot of criticism that fairly gets thrown at TNSE, but the one thing that can't be argued against is that they treat people in the organization fairly and with a lot of respect and class, and probably too much loyalty, and that includes the players.

It's honestly one of the most laughable things i've read on these boards, that management was attempting to hinder Laine's production so they didn't have to pay him his bonuses. TNSE, owned by the richest man in Canada, willing to pay buff 7.6m a year, too stingy to pay out pocket change in bonuses to a future star and perhaps face of the franchise?

I've read a lot of pitiful things in this specific thread, let me tell you. This "fair conversation point" might just top the list.

Old
04-14-2017, 03:26 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not every tenuous position is a "fair conversation point". Sometimes they're just a tenuous position. It's not very plausible that Chipman would be more interested in saving a few $$ versus having his shiny new toy win every award possible and the positives that entails for the team and player.

Old
04-14-2017, 03:33 AM
Lempo
I heart Toby Enström

Quote:

Go check out the Panarin thread on the mainboard where they say Chicago went out of their way to help him get his [bonuses]. It helps build up the positive rep among potential players, obviously a consideration for a Winnipeg team.

And Sabres would probs have paid the $1.8M to Eichel just to not go public with stuff they way he did just recently.

And the cap can take the money now much better than in two years when Laine('s agent) might have been eager to recover the lost dough.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 04-14-2017 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Yeah, no. ;)
Old
04-14-2017, 09:41 AM
D1G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festinator View Post
I don't think it's that's crazy to think that. There has been a few examples where money has came before winning with TNSE. And what if they were planning to spend towards the cap or the internal budget next year and the 1.8 mil would of hindered a bottom 6 pick up, or a better goalie ? There's a difference between losing a couple mil and having to put it towards the cap next year.

I can't find a reason for the life of me why laine didn't stay on the first line racking up points. And when Maurice got caught lying about Laine and the power play. It just crossed my mind. If the jets were not helping Laine win the Calder. Who says they were not hindering him from bonuses. I think it is a fair conversation piece

Old
04-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Gotaf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambokala View Post
No and i do not think they are, and i think Laine not going is good. But people could stand to be a bit less naive about things happening around them.

Few weeks ago Ottawa GM stated regarding to the olympics that releasing Karlsson for Sweden would be bad because he could hurt Canadas chances. I doubt he is the only one who has this view on things.
It wasn't the GM it was the owner, and he wasn't talking about some lame ass WC he was talking about the Olympics.

Old
04-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Rambokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
It wasn't the GM it was the owner, and he wasn't talking about some lame ass WC he was talking about the Olympics.
Yeah, the owner. And i'm pretty sure i mentioned that he was talking about the Olympics. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Old
04-15-2017, 03:00 PM
psycho_dad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Not every tenuous position is a "fair conversation point". Sometimes they're just a tenuous position. It's not very plausible that Chipman would be more interested in saving a few $$ versus having his shiny new toy win every award possible and the positives that entails for the team and player.
I agree it's not very plausible.

But yes it's fair to bring that possibility up. Rich get rich because they are more greedy and ruthless than average. You need that mentality to some degree to be a financial success. It's not outside the realm of possibility that they could have made a business decision.

I don't think that's what happened. I don't know these people (owners) and don't have any information about them. Can't assume the worst

Last edited by psycho_dad*: 04-15-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old
04-20-2017, 02:09 AM
Insthofen

Laine Season 17-18

My prediction: 45+25 = 70pts.

Old
04-20-2017, 02:34 AM
randomhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insthofen View Post
My prediction: 45+25 = 70pts.
I'll say he's gonna be a PPG player next season, no sophomore slump. He'll be getting points especially if he plays with Ehlers/Scheifele and he should get more PP points if we fix our god-awful PP and Maurice puts him in PP1 unit.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:28 AM
kelsier

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhockeyfan View Post
I'll say he's gonna be a PPG player next season, no sophomore slump. He'll be getting points especially if he plays with Ehlers/Scheifele and he should get more PP points if we fix our god-awful PP and Maurice puts him in PP1 unit.
Laine should absolutely be a ppg player starting next year as long as Maurice doesn't remember he's only 19 and give him another year or rookie treatment. I fear that this clown of a coach somehow manages to hinder his development one way or another while feeding the rest of us with imaginary stories of poor utilization. With the Trouba experiment, you would guess they've learned, but I certainly won't take anything for granted cause with PaMo you just never know. Laine should be as ready as they come for first line duties/minutes nevertheless, considering the pace he's evolved as a player (granted that he for once gets a full healthy summer to work out).

Old
04-20-2017, 03:45 AM
Asiantuntija

Over 50 goals and 100 points next season. Told you about this guys

Old
04-20-2017, 05:28 AM
DeeQ

Just realized he's not 18 anymore, they grow up so fast.

I say 43+31=74

Old
04-20-2017, 05:52 AM
Rambokala

25+26 next season.

Old
04-20-2017, 06:10 AM
randomhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambokala View Post
25+26 next season.
Just 25 goals? I think there's room for improvement when it comes to goal scoring and he got 36 this year.

Old
04-20-2017, 06:59 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1270
Quote:
I don't think it's that's crazy to think that. There has been a few examples where money has came before winning with TNSE. And what if they were planning to spend towards the cap or the internal budget next year and the 1.8 mil would of hindered a bottom 6 pick up, or a better goalie ? There's a difference between losing a couple mil and having to put it towards the cap next year.

I can't find a reason for the life of me why laine didn't stay on the first line racking up points. And when Maurice got caught lying about Laine and the power play. It just crossed my mind. If the jets were not helping Laine win the Calder. Who says they were not hindering him from bonuses. I think it is a fair conversation piece
If you can't find a reason then I guess you weren't watching the games. Down the stretch Laine was losing gas after a long season and Wheeler was arguably the most effective player on the team. Scheifele and Wheeler were dynamic together. It is the Winnipeg Jets not Team Laine. As Laine was losing gas he was also prone to more neutral and d-zone turnovers which Little is better at covering up on due to his quick lateral play.

Hopefully Laine realizes he had a great rookie season, but that he is still a rookie and has a lot of areas to grow as a player. The day will soon come where Laine gets optimal usage but that is when he has earned it as the best and most effective winger on the team. We just watched the 4 year process of Scheifele supplanting Little as the #1 C on the team.

Old
04-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
If you can't find a reason then I guess you weren't watching the games. Down the stretch Laine was losing gas after a long season and Wheeler was arguably the most effective player on the team. Scheifele and Wheeler were dynamic together. It is the Winnipeg Jets not Team Laine. As Laine was losing gas he was also prone to more neutral and d-zone turnovers which Little is better at covering up on due to his quick lateral play.

Hopefully Laine realizes he had a great rookie season, but that he is still a rookie and has a lot of areas to grow as a player. The day will soon come where Laine gets optimal usage but that is when he has earned it as the best and most effective winger on the team. We just watched the 4 year process of Scheifele supplanting Little as the #1 C on the team.
Except it was like that the majority of the year

Laine would be better to start in the ozone if that's the case

Instead he starts in the dzone with a minute or less of power play time

Old
04-20-2017, 09:07 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
Except it was like that the majority of the year

Laine would be better to start in the ozone if that's the case

Instead he starts in the dzone with a minute or less of power play time
The PP was poorly handled by the coaching staff but the other stuff more Dzone starts was all about trying to develop his alla round game. The Jets have done similarly in the past with Scheifele getting more Dzone starts than Little for a couple of seasons. The Jets know Laine is elite offensively but they want to make him excellent defensively as well, which I turn will make Laine a much better all-around player.

Old
04-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Howard Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhockeyfan View Post
If we see Laine/Schief/Ehlers (note the wing positions), and they stay together and healthy all season, and he plays his regular position on PP1...... the sky's the limit.

I think we would also see Scheif and Ehlers increase their point totals beyond the incredible season that they had this year. I honestly believe that could be the hottest line in the league if managed properly.

That would still leave Little, Wheeler, Connor, Perrault to round out the top six and also be a very considerable 2nd line.

Old
04-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
The PP was poorly handled by the coaching staff but the other stuff more Dzone starts was all about trying to develop his alla round game. The Jets have done similarly in the past with Scheifele getting more Dzone starts than Little for a couple of seasons. The Jets know Laine is elite offensively but they want to make him excellent defensively as well, which I turn will make Laine a much better all-around player.

I was considering this as I was writing my post

The thing is tho were also trying to win and get into the playoffs
Like you said it's not team Laine it's team Jets
Developing is important, but the win is more important

Old
04-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Old
04-22-2017, 11:29 AM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

I just got my Laine jersey shipped in.

My first numbered Jets jersey.

Been waiting since he was drafted last year to get this. Still can't believe he's a Jet.

Old
04-22-2017, 11:33 PM
avgard

my predict for Laineproduction next season:

70 + 90.

this even if coach still holds him back for being too Young or whatever. so ready for FULLtime at all PP happenings. if putting these numbers to board one imagine holding him back it would be impossible BUT he IS so good. hope he not plays with Ehlers. ehlers tries to break laine+s pointproduction it seems. when ehlers gets puck he skates with it but never passes to laine. like killing time . this is not accepted. laine must have much puck. next season laine is MONSTER. impossible to move/take puck from

yours/ avgard/ professor at hockey

Last edited by avgard: 04-22-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Closed Thread