HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Patrik Laine Part VI: Help! He's Being Repressed!

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2017, 09:49 PM
portamoral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambokala View Post
I think the slump is really really getting to him at this point. He really needs the season to end so he can clear his mind.
i think it's getting to you more. relax buddy

Old
04-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Rambokala

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by portamoral View Post
i think it's getting to you more. relax buddy
Of course it is. I love the guy and can't help but feel pretty sad about how the last month or so has gone for him.

Old
04-01-2017, 09:54 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1270
Quote:
Of course it is. I love the guy and can't help but feel pretty sad about how the last month or so has gone for him.
Laine will be fine. He will come back next season a year older and a little stronger. The kid will take it step by step and become a dominant force. It is okay he is not yet perfect.

Old
04-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Rambokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Laine will be fine. He will come back next season a year older and a little stronger. The kid will take it step by step and become a dominant force. It is okay he is not yet perfect.
I know he will. That's why i said that he needs the break. His head isn't in it right now. It probably wouldn't feel this bad if it wasn't for a certain fan base who likes to try and take away the things he's achieved, instead of just being happy for their own guy.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/playe...l-players.html

Patty is in good company. I hope he can pass Skinner & MacKinnon

Old
04-01-2017, 10:07 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

Quote:
I know he will. That's why i said that he needs the break. His head isn't in it right now. It probably wouldn't feel this bad if it wasn't for a certain fan base who likes to try and take away the things he's achieved, instead of just being happy for their own guy.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/playe...l-players.html

Patty is in good company. I hope he can pass Skinner & MacKinnon
I would suggest you avoid the main boards for awhile. Anything to do with the Leafs is pure poison. It is the long game that matters.

Old
04-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Tesaka

Send a message via Skype™ to Tesaka
I truly find it shocking how hard ppl here sometimes lash out on each other.... And why blame anyone about anything, Laine is just not hitting his target lately. 18 yrs old in slump, is that such shock in the end of long season.

I even saw some saying that Little should be traded???? This is just absurd........... Like some ppl said, ask Laine who HE himself blames and he has short answer HIMSELF. Kid is gonna be perfectly ok, just think him bigger, faster and stronger next year!!

Old
04-02-2017, 01:57 AM
Hokinaittii

Despite not producing like we've seen him previously, I think Laine has picked up his game in the last few games or so.

He might not have the energy that he had earlier in the season but at least he hasn't looked bad out there and at least in my opinion, he has been the one standing out the most from his line. I mean, you can see he isn't losing most of his puck battles anymore and he can actually get the puck out of his own zone even when pressured. He also has started to use his body/reach to protect the puck on the boards which has bought him sometime to think his next move.

Yeah, he has had his chances to score a lot more than he has recently managed to score but at the same time, his playmaking and creativity seem to have never left him as he has fed his teammates some quality scoring chances in these recent games but he has just been unlucky not to get any assists.

It also doesn't help that he's not playing with Scheifele anymore because let's be honest, to get the most out of guy like Laine (especially now when he is still raw), you need your best passing/grinding center to feed him and good things will start to happen.

Future is bright as hell for this kid, just give him the time.

Old
04-02-2017, 02:18 AM
Mestaruus
Winland

I hope that next season we get more of:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler

Laine-Scheifele-Perreault

and less of:

Laine-Little-X

Having seen almost all Winnipeg games this season I realize that Little isn't a bad center and Scheifele is one of the best in the league but Laine's and Little's chemistry in the offensive end just isn't working and Maurice is not going to change the lines since Winnipeg is winning games so I guess that's understandable but it's just sad to see the season end this way on Laine's part in the NHL. I don't personally think it's going to motivate Laine for his summer training knowing that the coach can shuffle the lines whenever Laine is on a hotstreak next season like it happened this season around early Feb when he was the hottest player in the league for a while. Then followed the illogical line shuffling on Laine's part and his cold season began and is still going on.

Old
04-02-2017, 07:11 AM
uTurris
We the True North

Hoping he passes Matthews in points in the last few games and wins the Calder.

Old
04-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Babooch

Bad timing for Laine with Little being mediocre at best for the past 15 games. But Laine himself needed to be better. It is his slump.

Laine will get better with and without the puck. I hope he plays with Ehlers next year. Little doesn't open up ice for Laine. Ehlers does.

Old
04-02-2017, 12:43 PM
kelsier

Have to say that Maurice entirely f***ed up Laine's end of the season. First he drops Laine out of Scheifele's wing. Then he forced him to play with Little and sometimes with Ehlers or Perreault, while there were zero chemistry in the line. Little's been the most worthless piece in the centrum of things and hasn't been able to get anything done.

Last night Laine got 0 seconds of PP time that I saw. I didn't see him on the ice during neither one of the power plays. Why? The latest brain fart from Maurice apparently. All in all, every time there's a special momentum, may that be the start of a 4vs4 or something else, Laine isn't there.

Of course conveniently now that the Jets are out of the playoffs, Maurice starts winning worthless games in a fear or getting sacked after the season. Thinking only of himself. Meanwhile each win may have significant impact on next draft pick. I've never seen a coach with this level of negative value. We've talked about net minding and punch of other stuff that weren't there during the season, but all in all, Maurice has been the real actual downfall for this team that had the goods even this year.

Old
04-02-2017, 12:55 PM
robertocarlos

vCash: 171
He needs 40 goals for a shot at the Calder.

Old
04-02-2017, 01:45 PM
kxx
formerly 'fkdog'

vCash: 5797
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsier View Post
Have to say that Maurice entirely f***ed up Laine's end of the season. First he drops Laine out of Scheifele's wing. Then he forced him to play with Little and sometimes with Ehlers or Perreault, while there were zero chemistry in the line. Little's been the most worthless piece in the centrum of things and hasn't been able to get anything done.
I think Maurice does nothing at all to make the team better and have no issue with him being gone anytime really.

But he shouldn't just change up lines so Laine gets more points when the Scheifele, Ehlers and Wheeler line is actually scoring. There were times he changed the lines too quickly and times when he didn't change the lines when he should have but right now if ESW works i don't know why he'd change it.

Little has 41 points in 56 games this season. I disagree that he has been 'worthless' and 'hasn't [gotten] anything done'.

Old
04-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Shaibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
He needs 40 goals for a shot at the Calder.
It is too late now. And he does not give a **** about the Calder.
He does not need defenders here, let the haters hate.

Old
04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
robertocarlos

vCash: 171
What would his bonus be for winning the Calder. 200k?

Old
04-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
What would his bonus be for winning the Calder. 200k?

(iv) A Player who finishes among the top three (3) in balloting for the Calder shall receive the following bonus amounts (no individually negotiated "excess" allowed):
Winner $212,500 2nd $150,000 3rd $100,000

Old
04-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Mestaruus
Winland

Two posters above me let me remind you of a more significant bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lempo View Post
He's gonna be ****** off alright if his slump drops him just outside the top 10 of league forwards in goals, which makes all the difference in if he gets $0 or $1.8M in team-paid Schedule B bonuses.
I'm starting to think this might in fact be the case thinking back why Laine was dropped from Scheifele's wing when Laine was playing his best game about 1.5 months ago but again right now I understand that the lines stay as they are since Winnipeg is winning games and Maurice probably needs wins for his career's sake like Kelsier put it.

Winnipeg could use one more center to challenge Little for the other top-6 center spot and make a healthy competitive situation. If Little isn't producing offensively while being the 2nd line's center he can be in 3rd line until he finds it again offensively and then get promoted back to 2nd if the other center isn't producing. Right now Little is locked to have PP time and there is no competition for him for the second center slot. At least Maurice isn't promoting any other center there. While saying all this I don't mean to bash Little and I realize Laine is on a slump too but some line shuffling is needed here.

Old
04-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Festinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post

I'm starting to think this might in fact be the case thinking back why Laine was dropped from Scheifele's wing when Laine was playing his best game about 1.5 months ago but again right now I understand that the lines stay as they are since Winnipeg is winning games and Maurice probably needs wins for his career's sake like Kelsier put it.

Winnipeg could use one more center to challenge Little for the other top-6 center spot and make a healthy competitive situation. If Little isn't producing offensively while being the 2nd line's center he can be in 3rd line until he finds it again offensively and then get promoted back to 2nd if the other center isn't producing. Right now Little is locked to have PP time and there is no competition for him for the second center slot. At least Maurice isn't promoting any other center there. While saying all this I don't mean to bash Little and I realize Laine is on a slump too but some line shuffling is needed here.
Considering the line put up 4 points last night I think they should keep it together to see if they've finally gotten the hang of playing with each other. And i'd rather have Laine play with Little centering him instead of Lowry/Petan/Copp.

Old
04-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:

He's still Top ten in goals. We have no idea exactly how his bonus is structured but he may still max out if he stays top ten. Might need a couple more goals before the end of the season. He's had his chances.

Old
04-02-2017, 06:47 PM
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(

Seems like they added an assist for him on the Ehlers goal https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ott-v...me_state=final

Old
04-02-2017, 07:21 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

Quote:
I hope that next season we get more of:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler

Laine-Scheifele-Perreault

and less of:

Laine-Little-X

Having seen almost all Winnipeg games this season I realize that Little isn't a bad center and Scheifele is one of the best in the league but Laine's and Little's chemistry in the offensive end just isn't working and Maurice is not going to change the lines since Winnipeg is winning games so I guess that's understandable but it's just sad to see the season end this way on Laine's part in the NHL. I don't personally think it's going to motivate Laine for his summer training knowing that the coach can shuffle the lines whenever Laine is on a hotstreak next season like it happened this season around early Feb when he was the hottest player in the league for a while. Then followed the illogical line shuffling on Laine's part and his cold season began and is still going on.
Being a NHL player should be enough to motivate Laine to work this summer to improve his game. Laine's usage has been more optimal then any rookie the Jets have ever had. He never once dropped out of the top 6 and has consistently got PP time. Once Laine gets better in his own end there will be less need to play with Little. Scheifele is the big point producer and is still developing himself. Laine will be on his wing soon enough, but right now the old vet Wheeler is just more effective on the top line. Not every move is going to be made with the soul purpose of maximizing Laine's production. In 3-4 years he will be put in every situation all the time, he just needs to become that player.

Old
04-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Lempo
I heart Toby Enström

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
He's still Top ten in goals. We have no idea exactly how his bonus is structured but he may still max out if he stays top ten. Might need a couple more goals before the end of the season. He's had his chances.
Yes, we don't, I was going by the assumption that it goes like with the Schedule A bonuses where you as a rule seem to get the maximum allowed bonus money $212,500 for the minimum allowed performance in a bonus category (20G, 35A, 60P, ...).

There already are the "traditional" 2M, 1.8M, 1.6M tiers for what kind of Schedule B total bonus limit they do for 1OA, 2OA, 3OA... in their ELCs; if a team chooses to get creative beyond that I think there's the risk that the player and agent remember it when it's the RFA time. An ELC player ending the season as eighth in scoring among all league forwards sure has sold some tickets and jerseys along the way.

Ehlers btw seem to have also secured his max Schedule A bonuses with his 24G, 38A, 62P and >.73 P/GP (the latest of which automatically is the case when you have 60+ points in 82 games). Laine don't have the assists, but got the All-Star Game instead.

Last edited by Lempo: 04-02-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old
04-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Couchcaptain

Paul Maurice is one of the biggest idiot excuse of a coach i have ever seen..
There is absolutely no sense in his usage of Laine in the last month or two. Ice time limited with rough hand, almost no PP-time at all..
After playoffs was gone, the only thing that Jets still could win was Laine's calder.. But what does Maurice do? Plays his beloved vets to pad their stats.. why? There is no need padding their stats because they can't win anything.. There is also no need to win games anymore..
Only thing that matters are Laine's points, and he decisides to do everything to ensure he wont be getting any of them.

I think there is room for Maurice in plane to siberia.

Old
04-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchcaptain View Post
Paul Maurice is one of the biggest idiot excuse of a coach i have ever seen..
There is absolutely no sense in his usage of Laine in the last month or two. Ice time limited with rough hand, almost no PP-time at all..
After playoffs was gone, the only thing that Jets still could win was Laine's calder.. But what does Maurice do? Plays his beloved vets to pad their stats.. why? There is no need padding their stats because they can't win anything.. There is also no need to win games anymore..
Only thing that matters are Laine's points
, and he decisides to do everything to ensure he wont be getting any of them.

I think there is room for Maurice in plane to siberia.
We pay money to attend games, and like to see them win. Our ticket prices are some of the highest in the league. Even with no playoffs, you play to win every game, and the fans in attendance cheer every goal. I would have liked to see him win the Calder too, but the fans matter more than Laine's points, sorry.

Old
04-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Couchcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
We pay money to attend games, and like to see them win. Our ticket prices are some of the highest in the league. Even with no playoffs, you play to win every game, and the fans in attendance cheer every goal. I would have liked to see him win the Calder too, but the fans matter more than Laine's points, sorry.
What was the point of that sentence..? So, if Laine plays, Jets lose?
There is no need to play teams best goalscorer anymore?
There really is no need to win games anymore, and the most dissapointing and surprising thing really is how the Maurices beloved vets are now lighting it up when the games don't matter anymore.
Like Wheeler who was very mediocre for over half a season, now he looks like a superstar out there.. That's bizarre and disappointing as hell.
They should have given the opportinuty for rookie with a ceiling no one else in Jets roster even comes close, to actually win something.
Instead Maurice tells: "You can't give too much too fast for these youngsters", yeah right.. what a *********.

Closed Thread