Rolston

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 05:27 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Rolston

So far, the guy has made me eat crow for wanting him traded or moved from his spot in the lineup. He's been, IMO, our best and most consistant foward in the lineup. I can't even complain about his faceoffs since Patty B has been taking a lot of the dot duty for that line! (by the way, does anyone know what Patty B's faceoff stats are?)

Good job so far Rolston, keep it up!

Old
10-23-2003, 06:17 AM
BruinsGod II

Rolston problems start come playoff time, I find. Not willing to pay the price to achieve success in the post-season.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:20 AM
HockeyGoddess

Joe Thornton: 54.4%
Brian Rolston: 51.5%
Travis Green: 50.5%
Patrice Bergeron: 37.5%

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-23-2003, 07:30 AM
Pielsman

I too was a big advocate of at least exploring trade options for Rolston.

I think I'll take that back for now, although I continue to believe that he'd bring a good return in a trade- as I originally claimed.

Sully's management of Rolstons ice time is probably a key in his great play as well. Either way, kudos to Rolly. -Piels

Old
10-23-2003, 07:31 AM
BostonGrl819

Yeah, I'm eating crow, too. Tastes pretty good.

I was all for trading him at the end of last year, but his effort has been fantastic. Hope he keeps it up!

Old
10-23-2003, 07:41 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGod II
Rolston problems start come playoff time, I find. Not willing to pay the price to achieve success in the post-season.
2 years ago, rolston was our best forward in the montreal series. i thought he had a much more pedestrian playoffs last season, but he seems to be on the same level now as he was 2 years ago. to rollie, b/c he's taken his game up a level from last season. hopefully he can keep it up, and even more important is that he's scoring even strength goals, which were few and far between in the past.

Old
10-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
I think a key factor for Rollie will be to monitor and adjust his ice time.

With Jillson stepping up on the PP and Green providing relief on the PK , Rollie perhaps will still have his legs come April..

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
10-23-2003, 07:59 AM
prdbsfan

I said it before and I will say it again. Someday he will score 40 goals. I'm just hoping this is the year he takes his snakebite medicine and a voodoo curse against his annual slump in the midseason. He always comes out of the gate strong like this.

Keep it up rollie and prove me right.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:11 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGod II
2 years ago against the Habs he (together with Guerin) was a leading scorer in the playoffs...He scored 4 goals in 6 games and had number
of assists ( Axy scored 2).

I would still make this line Axy - Bergeron - Rolston. ( Bergeron should play his natural position).

Old
10-23-2003, 10:34 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
I would still make this line Axy - Bergeron - Rolston. ( Bergeron should play his natural position).
I kinda like it the way it is. PB being a RH shot and all fits naturally on the RW. Let us not mess with sucess.

Old
10-23-2003, 12:10 PM
sagginb

It's never a bad thing to have a left-handed and a right-handed center playing on the same line...use them as need on the position of the faceoff.

I am a big fan of Rolston...never really "want" to trade him...but would if the deal was ok.
I am a big fan of guys who can do alot of different things on a team.
Many (including myself) would like to Rolston on the wing but playing with a guy like Bergeron kinda is like having this option.
I like Bergeron at center as well but this line has looked good so why fool with it!

Old
10-23-2003, 12:48 PM
GA

I actually kind of like having Patty (or other up & coming centers) on the wing if we already have others to fill the center spot. The center normally has a good deal more responsibility than the wingers, so it can be easier just focus on getting used to this level focusing on the basics. Basically, I think it's just a way to "ease" a guy into the league, letting him get adjusted to the speed, physicality, etc. & feeling comfortable before adding more responsibility. The Avs have done this for years with their younger guys...like Drury, Reinprecht, Tanguay, etc. I also think that you can do it for too long though. Granted I havn't really watched most of those guys all that close the last couple years (except when Bourque was there), but it seems like at least Tanguay & Reinprecht (maybe others) haven't been as effective/comfortable in the middle as they could have been (and even Drury, though he still seems to do ok when he is played there). Then again, these Av guys ended up on the wing for multiple years (& tanguay never went back), not just during their development, since none were about to unseat Sakic or Forseberg.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:29 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Joe Thornton: 54.4%
Brian Rolston: 51.5%
Travis Green: 50.5%
Patrice Bergeron: 37.5%
Thanks for the info HG... I'm a bit surprised, I thought Patty B has won more of his share of faceoffs than that.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Gary

im in the same boat as you...i wanted him gone as well. he looked so damn disinterested the last 1/4 season + playoffs. lets just hope for the teams sake-he can keep it up for a whole season + playoffs. GO BRUINS GO!!

Old
10-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Ortdogg

i think its totally unfair to get on a guy like rolston who does so much for this team. he plays every game situation, pp, pk, even strength, last minutes of the game when leading, 4 on 4.......he plays a ton. he i think as much as love joe, is our most valuable forward definatly, why do you think OC didnt even hesitate to accept his arbritration award? every team in the league would love a guy with his abilities. he will score 40 this year (unless injured) and he did play great against montreal 2 years back, and i dont blame him for his playoff last year........none of the b's forwards did anything. the devils shut them all down.

Closed Thread