HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Third (News n' Scores n' Stuff) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2017, 05:27 PM
CapsRuinedMySleep
Back for more!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykicker View Post
i love how the main board is full of people bashing ovechkin for saying he is going to olympics no matter what. if that was crosby they would be praising him
A Good Canadian Boy would never do such a thing though. He does what he's told, when he's told and with a robotic smile on his face --->

Good for Ovie and Jake and whoever else.

Old
04-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Brian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Hockey Central today suggested that the NHL might suspend any player that goes to the Olympics for the rest of the season
It'd be the only thing that might stop Ovi and others from going. I still think they'd go, but I doubt Leonsis supports them 100% at that point. I also think we'd see Owners with players who're leaving fighting tooth and nail to stop that, would probably lead to another work stoppage guaranteed.

Would be crazy that we'd have the potential to lose almost 3 years of Ovi's playing time to work stoppages.

Old
04-04-2017, 05:39 PM
CapsRuinedMySleep
Back for more!

Quote:
Hockey Central today suggested that the NHL might suspend any player that goes to the Olympics for the rest of the season
So if Patrick Kane of the mighty Blackhawks decides to go they'll suspend him for the rest of the season? Throw in Panarin too.

NHL and their empty threats. Yawn.

Old
04-04-2017, 05:45 PM
RandyHolt
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Pr stunt? ...
Maybe not, but no one was fooled into thinking Brendan Shanahan was the one actually making decisions on who gets suspended or not.

None of the linemen nor refs, those that govern the game, are former players. Why that position? You don't have to be a player to know the rules.

I wonder if any players or teams he hated most were still around when he laid down the law.

Old
04-04-2017, 08:20 PM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
I love Lars.

Ottawa up 2-0 on Detroit after 2 periods.
Boston up on TBay 3-0 with 10 minutes to play.

Looks like TBay and their smack talking fans are toast.

Old
04-04-2017, 08:33 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Oof. Not the showing I was hoping for from cbus.

Old
04-04-2017, 08:39 PM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
I love Lars.

Shame C'bus lost to the Pens.

Boston beats TBay 4-0. Good.
Sens beating the Wings 2-0 early in the third. Good.

Old
04-04-2017, 09:46 PM
txpd

Rust and Cullen hurt?

Old
04-04-2017, 09:53 PM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
I love Lars.

Quote:
Rust and Cullen hurt?
The Pittsburgh Brittlebutts are just falling apart.

Old
04-04-2017, 10:31 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLCAPSALLTHETIME View Post
The Pittsburgh Brittlebutts are just falling apart.
But still they win... a bit scary if you ask me.

04-04-2017, 11:41 PM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
I love Lars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicapsfan View Post
But still they win... a bit scary if you ask me.
It's like a chicken with its head cut off. It'll run around for a bit before it bleeds out. They are in for a reality check soon.

Old
04-05-2017, 03:43 AM
ovikovy817

I don't believe in CBJ chances against PIT. Pens will win "easily" and I don't say that because they're on a three game losing streak. Their playoff experience is pretty bad, and for some players non existent.

Hope just they will just play hard, trying to hurt their players in the 1st round.

Old
04-05-2017, 04:43 AM
sycamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovikovy817 View Post
I don't believe in CBJ chances against PIT. Pens will win "easily" and I don't say that because they're on a three game losing streak. Their playoff experience is pretty bad, and for some players non existent.

Hope just they will just play hard, trying to hurt their players in the 1st round.
That's what I'm seeing. Pens fans were up in arms on their boards claiming the Jackets were going after their players -- and they probably were. We all saw how rough are game with CBus was. Pens will probably win that series, but it should be at a cost.

Old
04-05-2017, 06:59 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Nothing wrong with using your better position to attempt to get the CBA past the opt-out issue. That's good business.

Bad business is sending a bunch of kids a only small section of the sporting world wouldn't mind seeing again. Everyone else wants best vs best.

Olympic hockey is the best in the world. It's a huge blunder for the NHL to lose this opportunity to market themselves. I also see no reason why a major professional sports league interrupting their season and risking the health of their best employees wouldn't be a tier 1 marketing partner. All sorts of dumb from both sides.

I grew up watching college kids playing, but I prefer the best talent in the world compete in the Olympic Games.
It's not good business when the owners signed that CBA kicking and screaming but all of a sudden want to extend it. That is blood in the water the NHLPA will pick up on. Good business is do what is needed within reason and let the players go. Then pounce on the NHLPA about the Olympics in the next CBA.

It also looks really ****** that the NHL all of a sudden wants more when the Olympics are in a preferred location. You know damn well this is a non-issue if it is a North American location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Maybe not, but no one was fooled into thinking Brendan Shanahan was the one actually making decisions on who gets suspended or not.

None of the linemen nor refs, those that govern the game, are former players. Why that position? You don't have to be a player to know the rules.

I wonder if any players or teams he hated most were still around when he laid down the law.
There is few that do have a small amount of player experience at the NHL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovikovy817 View Post

All depends on how the league wants that series called.

Old
04-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Langway
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@JSportsnet: Sounds like Brad Marchand might have crossed the line this time with latest spear. Expect a hearing and suspension for Bruins' top scorer.

He had a spear to the groin of Dotchin for a major and game misconduct last night.

Old
04-05-2017, 08:13 AM
ovikovy817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
@JSportsnet: Sounds like Brad Marchand might have crossed the line this time with latest spear. Expect a hearing and suspension for Bruins' top scorer.

He had a spear to the groin of Dotchin for a major and game misconduct last night.
Hope they'll suspend him for the rest of the RS, so he won't injure our players

Old
04-05-2017, 08:21 AM
RandyHolt
Registered Loser

My hate for certain players always seems to get re-affirmed at regular intervals.

Old
04-05-2017, 08:58 AM
twabby

Isn't the NHL in a pickle with suspending Marchand for the spear? Yeah he has a history, but that only affects the length of any suspension, not whether he should be suspended in the first place. Crosby literally just did the same thing and got away with it unscathed.

Don't get me wrong, both should have been suspended but it seems a little unfair for one to be punished and not the other, especially since Marchand was already ejected from the game last night.

Old
04-05-2017, 09:06 AM
g00n
Global Moderator
♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

I have no sympathy for the NHL DOPS after the crap they've pulled. They created this situation, they can take the heat for it.

04-05-2017, 11:22 AM
twabby

Letang is out 4-6 months with a herniated disc in his neck. I mean if the Capitals can't do it this year...

Old
04-05-2017, 11:25 AM
sycamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by twabby View Post
Letang is out 4-6 months with a herniated disc in his neck. I mean if the Capitals can't do it this year...
HUGE.

Caps should have just one mantra for the final 3 games AND the first round of the playoffs: NO INJURIES. I mean to the point that I would just give up the #1 seed if it meant having no injuries. It is THAT important.

Old
04-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

vCash: 439
Quote:
I wouldn't mind if we faced the Pens again in the 2nd round. With all these injuries, we might break through the 2nd round and Penguins mental barrier at the same time.

Old
04-05-2017, 11:36 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00n View Post
I have no sympathy for the NHL DOPS after the crap they've pulled. They created this situation, they can take the heat for it.
They won't take **** over this. Crosby has magically escaped discipline over the years so they don't have repeat offenders hanging over their head unlike the Beak. It doesn't help that the Beak has had a bunch of very questionable actions this year alone.

Meanwhile all the idiots are still trying to defend Crosby's slash "because it happens every game" excuse. That one takes the cake for being on of the dumbest excuses I've heard from DoPS and HFBoards. High Sticks happen almost every game, but it doesn't stop refs from calling a double when there is blood. There are sticks constantly in skates during games but doesn't stop refs from calling Tripping when someone goes down. The rule book says "When injury occurs, a major penalty must be assessed under this rule" and "Whenever a major penalty is assessed for slashing, a game misconduct penalty must also be imposed.".

Quote:
Wait, is that what he was previously out for?

Old
04-05-2017, 11:38 AM
twabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Wait, is that what he was previously out for?
I'd have to imagine so. They were probably just playing coy with the injury or trying conservative treatment options before opting for the surgery.

Old
04-05-2017, 11:39 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
I'd have to imagine so. They were probably just playing coy with the injury or trying conservative treatment options before opting for the surgery.
That is generally an injury you don't screw around with. That is pretty crazy.

Closed Thread