HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Question about NHL TV

Old
04-09-2017, 01:28 AM
powerstuck
Nordiques Hopes Lies

vCash: 500
So, what we gotta understand is that you get a cheap playoffs package for now, but if you forget to cancel it, you will be charged the full price ($140 USD?) for 2017-2018 season. And just make things ''worse'' you need to call an 1-412 number to cancel (international customers) so that phone call might cost you a few bucks as well.

I would suspect that whichever e-mail was used at the time of subscription, cannon be used next year for the same thing (subscribe now, get playoffs for $4, then cancel to not get charged $140).

powerstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2017, 03:16 AM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Hopefully, so. Thank you. Will find out on April 12th. I'll start liking NHL way more if I can really watch play-off with this subscription. What a "nice" joke. Perks of living in third world.
There is nothing to find out. As I have said, there is only one package and it's for the full season including playoffs, only the price changes as the season progresses obviously. With the caveat that of course the playoffs will be blacked out in the US.

Quote:
So, what we gotta understand is that you get a cheap playoffs package for now, but if you forget to cancel it, you will be charged the full price ($140 USD?) for 2017-2018 season. And just make things ''worse'' you need to call an 1-412 number to cancel (international customers) so that phone call might cost you a few bucks as well.
Again, there is only one package, so the cancellation process is the same regardless of whether you've subscribed in October or April. And yes, they auto-renew. Gamecenter used to have a small time window (around August I believe) when you could cancel via email. Don't know if nhl.tv handles it the same way after the re-branding. If you miss that time frame and don't wanna call there's still the option to report your credit card missing, have it blocked and get a new one , provided your bank gives them away for free, like mine.

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2017, 09:08 AM
hansomreiste
Holy Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
There is nothing to find out. As I have said, there is only one package and it's for the full season including playoffs, only the price changes as the season progresses obviously. With the caveat that of course the playoffs will be blacked out in the US.

Again, there is only one package, so the cancellation process is the same regardless of whether you've subscribed in October or April. And yes, they auto-renew. Gamecenter used to have a small time window (around August I believe) when you could cancel via email. Don't know if nhl.tv handles it the same way after the re-branding. If you miss that time frame and don't wanna call there's still the option to report your credit card missing, have it blocked and get a new one , provided your bank gives them away for free, like mine.
But as the mail previous poster received suggests, this package is regular season only... I actually got the same mail but somehow missed the "regular season" part. It was advertised as including play-off but the mail I receive says regular season only. In any case, it's not a big deal; I already put aside 25-30 USD "just in case" so that I can immediately buy the play-off subscription if the current one doesn't work for play-off. I'm absolutely sure that I bought "play-off only" subscription last year and paid 25 USD for it. That's why I think the 4 USD price is just too low for 2-month highest level hockey.

Cancelling is not a big deal, I'm quite used to that "Let's give them a cheap product and hope they'll forget to unsubscribe" thing and I have several reminders so that I wouldn't forget. Moreover, I used debit card for purchase. Good luck finding 140 USD in that account and then charging me.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2017, 11:14 AM
RedBruin

Yeah playoffs cost 25 bucks last year. But you could've jumped in for 5 during the last week of the regular season. Price increased again at the start of the playoffs and probably will increase again this year.

Old
04-12-2017, 05:47 PM
hansomreiste
Holy Edgelord

Guys... It works. I paid 4 USD for the subscription and now I just tuned in for NYR @ MTL. It ****in' works. Well, I really have no idea why it makes me so happy - it's not like I work for 10 USD a month but still, being able to buy the best thing ever for such a convenient price as a broke student is so fantastic. I'm amazed.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Guys... It works. I paid 4 USD for the subscription and now I just tuned in for NYR @ MTL. It ****in' works. Well, I really have no idea why it makes me so happy - it's not like I work for 10 USD a month but still, being able to buy the best thing ever for such a convenient price as a broke student is so fantastic. I'm amazed.
.... awesome... hansomreiste gonna have some meze & Raki to go with his Hockey Night in Istanbul.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 07:41 PM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
.... awesome... hansomreiste gonna have some meze & Raki to go with his Hockey Night in Istanbul.
I am disappointed in the lack of trust shown in my judgement of the situation. I do approve of the meze & Raki tho.