HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olympic Break Attendance

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2006, 12:33 PM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
Olympic Break Attendance

The attendance situation could still be better on the weekdays and it would be helpful to make the playoffs so we can create as much buzz as possible in the corporate community to help stabilize the situation, but here is how we've improved through the Olympic break vs. 03-04...

Through 2/12/06
8 sellouts
2 @ 95%+ capacity
2 @ 93%+
1 @ 90%
0 games under 10,000

Through 2/12/04
2 sellouts
2 @ 95%+
1 @ 93%+
5 games under 10,000

All of 2003-2004
6 sellouts all season
3 @ 95%+
2 @ 93%+

Through 2/12/06, we have 2 more sellouts than all of 03-04 and the same amount of 90% capacity games that weren't sellouts. And, there might have been more positives were it not for the freakish walk-up killing situations of a tornado at game time, the UT-Bama game, the day they predicted snow all day at gametime that never came, and another game with a downpour in the 6PM hour.

A playoff race, 4 saturday games, and 2 weeknight Detroit games in the last 12 home games should shatter the 03-04 numbers.

It's hardly what any of us would like it to be. We only had 12,057 for a game against Colorado on 2/2 (On 2/5/04, we had 9,879 for Tampa...). But we knew it wouldn't miraculously fix itself overnight and I would never have imagined these kinds of numbers last summer.

05-06
03-04
21st in % capacity (with the inclusion of last night's game)

Last edited by vopatsrash: 02-12-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old
02-12-2006, 01:47 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Agreed. Nashville is currently averaging 14.5k. Last year, we averaged less than 13.2k. The year before, a little over 13.2K. We are right on the heels of our 01/02 average of 14.7K. I think with the huge games we've got coming up, we should have at least 5 more sellouts. We have 4 saturday home games and we'll probably sell out all of them (Calgary, STL, CHI, and PHO) and two Detroit games left. We only have 6 weekday games that don't involve Detroit (in other words, won't be sellouts). If we get 13k per on those 6 games (we've been hovering around 12.5k recently for weekday games, but with the season winding down, historically our attendance has picked up. Weekday games last year in mid-March and beyond brought attendance of 15-16k) and we get 6 sellouts, we'll be right at 14.7k.

If we average 15.5k in our 6 weekday games and we get those 6 sellouts, our season average for attendance will be over 15k which would be almost 2k over last season. That would be 88% capacity! Not too shabby for a post lockout year.

Old
02-28-2006, 04:20 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
I know attendance numbers are up everywhere. But do you think any of these screnarios are part of the reason, or at least play a small percentage in the reason:

1. coming off of the lockout, more people can afford season tickets or at least partial tickets for the next season

2. all the buzz about the game being "better"

3. it is the season after we just made the playoffs for the first time

4. we are playing better than we have in the years past (starting out 8-0 and such)

5. the signing of paul kariya and the first impacts of steve sullivan

Old
02-28-2006, 08:37 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19
I know attendance numbers are up everywhere. But do you think any of these screnarios are part of the reason, or at least play a small percentage in the reason:

1. coming off of the lockout, more people can afford season tickets or at least partial tickets for the next season

2. all the buzz about the game being "better"

3. it is the season after we just made the playoffs for the first time

4. we are playing better than we have in the years past (starting out 8-0 and such)

5. the signing of paul kariya and the first impacts of steve sullivan
I think the biggest reason for the increase is due to the playoff appearance last season. I’d think we’d be in a world of hurt if we had missed the playoffs. Making the playoffs kept the “Predator faithful” faithful during the lockout.

Pred management directly attributed 2,000 season ticket packages to the signing of Paul Kariya. The resigning of Sullivan helped also.

We are 22-6-1 at home. That has undoubtedly been a factor.

There is still room to grow, but it looks optimistic. If we can make some noise in the playoffs (i.e. make it to the 2nd round), I think we’ll see a spike in season tickets (corporate and individuals).

Old
02-28-2006, 09:21 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I think the biggest reason for the increase is due to the playoff appearance last season. I’d think we’d be in a world of hurt if we had missed the playoffs. Making the playoffs kept the “Predator faithful” faithful during the lockout.

Pred management directly attributed 2,000 season ticket packages to the signing of Paul Kariya. The resigning of Sullivan helped also.

We are 22-6-1 at home. That has undoubtedly been a factor.

There is still room to grow, but it looks optimistic. If we can make some noise in the playoffs (i.e. make it to the 2nd round), I think we’ll see a spike in season tickets (corporate and individuals).
I agree

Closed Thread