HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Old
07-17-2017, 01:31 AM
Aahlstroem
Café Lorry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
Ok, here's a big database update!
- Noticed Victor Ejdsell wasn't a Nashville property and was missing Jacob Peterson (DAL) from the 2017 so those are fixed along with numerous minor fixes
You should check if you can find a Jacob Petterson in the db. He had the wrong name in the TBL db.

Aahlstroem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 08:38 AM
yoteshot
Lazy Habs fan

Alright, so my last post was right after the 2017 draft. A lot has happened since.

Last summer has been a huge one for the Devils. Starting summer wishing to improve the D, we went all out trying to acquire some big fish, only to come up short, despite some pretty solid offers. We decided to be a bit active on the UFA front, signing Erik Haula as our 4th line center as well as Nate Thompson (LW-C-RW) as a 13th forward, but our biggest signing was the acquisition of Nick Bonino on a cap-friendly 3 year, 9M$ deal. Funny thing is, Bonino was gonna sign for 5 years in Nashville before we came in and swooped him. Kalinin had played 3rd line centre during the first season along with a revolving door of wingers we tried there. Bonino was exactly the type of player we needed to fill that hole. Also signed Evan Rodrigues for our AHL squad.

It's at that point that Tampa Bay announced that Ondrej Palat was available. We weren't sure why as he is locked to a solid 6 x 6,5M contract, but decided to try our luck at acquiring him. It took us 2 prospect and 3 picks, including a 2018 1st rounder (EDM) to get the deal done, but we managed to acquire him, giving us a 2nd very solid LW. Summer went by and a few good RFAs weren't getting signed by their teams. We offersheeted Xavier Ouellet at 4 years, 2M$ a year and Detroit didn't match so that cost us a 2nd rounder for a young 3rd pair defenceman with potential (our scouts loved him). Before Detroit could decide if they'd match or not, we saw yet another interesting name on the trade market in the person of Jonas Brodin. Those trade talks went fast and smooth and shortly after, we had our hands on a youngish top 4 LD-RD.

Still having a hole on RW with Vrana-Soshnikov-Smith-Pelly slated to be the 3 top-9 RW, we offered a 1 year contract to veteran Radim Vrbata who didn't hesitate and signed it (5M$ in August, he would have been a fool not to!). Pretty happy with our lineup, we were ready to start the season that way until a week before camp, we got news that Leon Draisaitl hadn't signed in EDM yet. Coming off a disappointing 39 pts season, his demands were probably too high for the Oilers, yet we felt like the timing was better than at the draft to acquire the German centerman. After a few calls back and forth, the deal went like this: Émile Poirier, Blake Speers, Jon Merrill, a 2nd rounder in 2018, a first rounder in 2019 along with a newly drafted prospect (4th rounder I think) for Draisaitl and a cap dump (Mark Fayne and his 3,6M). It was a lot to give up, but with his low consistency, we figured we'd trade Speers ASAP while Poirier was pretty much locked in an AHL role given our depth and future at RW. Merrill was a top 4 Dman for us, but the prospect of acquiring Draisaitl made that deal an easy one to accept. We immediately signed Draisaitl to a 4 year, 16M$ contract that should be quite the bargain very soon.

A new problem had then appeared… We had too many players and too few spots. Facing that challenge, we put Pavel Zacha on a new training regime to get him to learn the RW position, by far our weakest. We want him in our top 6 and there is just so much room when you have Hall-Palat on the left and Draisaitl-Henrique (who improved tremendously and is now a borderline 1C) at centre.

Our lineup to start 2017-2018:

Hall-Henrique-Zacha
Palat-Draisaitl-Vrana
Boucher-Bonino-Smith-Pelly
Kalinin-Haula-Wilson
Extra : Thompson, Vrbata

Greene-Severson
Brodin-Pesce
Skjei-Ouellet
Extra : McNabb

Schneider
Korpisalo

Soshnikov had a 7,69 rating in the AHL last year, going PPG and he had a solid camp according to our coach, but being waiver exempt, we figured we'd just let him dominate a bit more, because there just isn't any room for him on RW at the moment. Other worthwhile story is a guy by the name of Garret Cockerill, who we signed out of Northeastern University over the summer and ended up being the last cut at camp. His technicals are pretty weak, but his mentals are very solid and he might have been our best Dman at camp (ended up playing 5 pre-season games, tops on the team). Hopefully this guy can muster some kind of NHL career in my save as that would be a pretty neat story. As of now, he's clearly the 8th D and will be better served in the AHL.

2 games into the season, Draisaitl injures himself at practice (sigh), meaning Zacha reverts back to centre while Vrbata draws in on RW. First game, Vrbata scores 2 goals, including the GWG and we win. Second game, he's 1-1 and nets the game winner in the shootout. Stopped playing with our record at 3-1 and already thinking about what to do when Draisaitl comes back. Gonna be tough if Vrbata keeps it up. The veteran definitely came to play!

Some stuff that happened around the league:
-Kucherov won the Art Ross. Fleury won the Vezina with an absolutely dominant season. Norris went to Josi. Kessel scored 52 goals, which got him the Richard trophy, leading the Penguins to a Presidents trophy and Stanley Cup appearance, where they got swept by the Sharks who won the Cup, losing only 2 games in all of the postseason. Martin Jones won the Conn Smythe, with former Devil Mike Cammalleri finishing 3rd in voting.
-Matthews won the Calder with Laine and Marner rounding out the top 3.
-Fletcher (MIN) and Dorion (OTT) were fired after the season
-Lamoriello, Poile, Rutherford all retired after the year, so 5 GM spots are open right now in the NHL
-Alex Tanguay and Dany Heatley are going to the HHOF... that feature is definitely broken in EHM

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Nino33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnov2Chistov View Post
Funny how in real life Pirri and Klein have bolted to Europe and in EHM they did the same thing.
IRL I definetly wouldn't describe it as "bolted to Europe" HaHa
My understanding is neither player was wanted (Klein was a LTIR situation to the Rangers, and Purri wasn't even offered a contract)

The complaints I've seen about players going to Europe/Russia are almost all from users who want a European/Russian League to be equal to the NHL and so they want Good/Top players leaving the NHL to play overseas (some posters don't even understand the transfer agreements that exist, and think the NHL is "stealing players" and they want to do so from the NHL)

Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Nino33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I don't think it's the fact that they do, it's the amount of time it takes them to ship off and how much Euro contracts are valued...I know in the '98 DB that British teams are spending $300k plus on legit NHL talent regularly, which is more than a little silly...
That should be editable.....the salary ranges for contracts are now editable by League (but AFAIK no database has had the salary ranges for the various Leagues fully edited - I know the 98 DB hasn't had such work done!)

Old
07-17-2017, 02:06 PM
pukovnik

Any chance we see relocation/expansion option in this game in near future ?

pukovnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 02:30 PM
Smirnov2Chistov
donaldtrump4prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
IRL I definetly wouldn't describe it as "bolted to Europe" HaHa
My understanding is neither player was wanted (Klein was a LTIR situation to the Rangers, and Purri wasn't even offered a contract)

The complaints I've seen about players going to Europe/Russia are almost all from users who want a European/Russian League to be equal to the NHL and so they want Good/Top players leaving the NHL to play overseas (some posters don't even understand the transfer agreements that exist, and think the NHL is "stealing players" and they want to do so from the NHL)
Exactly.

I understand the finance part may be a bit off and could be worked/improved on in the future . Fringe NHLers leave all the time, especially international ones in EHM. As soon as they approach retirement, theyll sign with some team and not want to come back to North America because "they have no interest in moving"

Smirnov2Chistov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 04:43 AM
Named

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukovnik View Post
Any chance we see relocation/expansion option in this game in near future ?
Highly doubt in near future. Only possible when in database add club.

Named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

I use the Editor extensively for pre-game database editing but not in-game editing...I wonder if it would be possible in-game editing to edit a team's info including name and colors? You could essentially re-locate clubs in this manner during a career...just have the right logos in your logos folder.

Just opened a saved game and looks like all that info is editable. I don't know whether it will corrupt the save or cause issues though back in the actual game. Because the editor lets you move players in a saved game but it doesn't work when you actually return to the game, it just causes errors.

Foppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Peat

Downloading Foppa's roster.

Is it just me, or do centres tend to get worse ratings than wingers do? I feel like this is behind the game just spewing centres into the ocean, most of the good RFAs seem to be centres.

Also, is it just me or does it feel a lot harder to do trades in July? Guys I'd have got great offers for in the season now get the two 4ths nonsense.

Peat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:29 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
I use the Editor extensively for pre-game database editing but not in-game editing...I wonder if it would be possible in-game editing to edit a team's info including name and colors? You could essentially re-locate clubs in this manner during a career...just have the right logos in your logos folder.

Just opened a saved game and looks like all that info is editable. I don't know whether it will corrupt the save or cause issues though back in the actual game. Because the editor lets you move players in a saved game but it doesn't work when you actually return to the game, it just causes errors.
I think that should work. I don't think moving teams between leagues would work though.

The only caveat is that I need to add some further settings to allow certain database validation functions to be disabled when editing saved games. Whilst these validation functions work fine for the database (and should be used) they may cause issues with saved games.

archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 01:54 AM
riz

Yes, you should be able to edit the static data, such as team names or even their home city/arena in the DB within saved games. Obviously any games already scheduled in the saved game would be unaffected, so if you wanted to "relocate" a team within as saved game DB, you'd need to do it at the very end of a season, before July 1st when the leagues are reset and the new season is scheduled.

Editing the more dynamic data within a saved game DB, such as team divisions and player teams contracted/playing, is likely to cause errors since a lot of that data is not limited to the DB in a saved game but also replicated in various parts of the game data such as league configurations and contract details.

Expansion/relocation as a built-in part of the game is something I am considering for the long term future of the game, but not for the upcoming updates to this current edition of the game.

riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 11:15 AM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

vCash: 50
When should the next TBL roster come out?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Cor
OT Thread Leader

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
When should the next TBL roster come out?
The 16-17 update didn't come until December 18th

Essentially, use Foppa's. While the NHL is the only real playable league. At least it's updated.

IIRC they started on the 17-18 database earlier than the 16-17 database, so hopefully we can get the TBL one in November

Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 01:49 PM
glasgow26

Just started playing this game for the first time. Using Foppa's DB - it's awesome, great work Foppa!

I'm slowly getting the hang of things, but could use some tips on a few things. I'm mainly wondering how I should handle tactics - are there certain strategies that work best, or should I let my coach handle it? Same goes for training - not sure what the best way to handle that is.

Also, what determines a player's morale? I'm playing as the Sharks in 2017-18 and Timo Meier has very low morale even though he's on my second line and getting PP minutes.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
Just started playing this game for the first time. Using Foppa's DB - it's awesome, great work Foppa!

I'm slowly getting the hang of things, but could use some tips on a few things. I'm mainly wondering how I should handle tactics - are there certain strategies that work best, or should I let my coach handle it? Same goes for training - not sure what the best way to handle that is.

Also, what determines a player's morale? I'm playing as the Sharks in 2017-18 and Timo Meier has very low morale even though he's on my second line and getting PP minutes.
I always let the coach do all the micro management. Might not be optimal in terms of player development, but it's good enough for me.

Morale is very closely related to performances from what I can tell, so even if you have Meier getting plenty of ice-time, if he has poor performances his morale will suffer. Typically, you want your players averaging over 7 over a season.

I'm not entirely sure how the average rating mechanics work. There's hidden attributes that probably have a strong influence on it as some players, in multiple games I've played, have always performed at a very high level, while others just don't.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Ambisextrous

Quote:

I typically only let the coach take care of practice - with tactics I customize depending on the strength of my roster. Having a very very offensive team can make a mediocre team into top5 but can be abused easily. I have a lot of fun customizing strategies since AI does seem to learn and adapt based on yours.

Morale can be impacted by icetime, production during that icetime, by player status, by criticizing other players, by using tactics they dont like as much, etc. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to morale though to be fair

Ambisextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post

Essentially, use Foppa's. While the NHL is the only real playable league. At least it's updated.

IIRC they started on the 17-18 database earlier than the 16-17 database, so hopefully we can get the TBL one in November
We are aiming for an early October release.

07-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
So far, we (the TBL DB) team have updated the following rules to real-life, 17-18 rules, schedule, and alignment:

North America: NHL, FHL
Austria: EBEL, Alps Hockey League
Czech Republic: First two pro leagues
Finland: Liiga
France: Magnus League and National League 1
Germany: DEL and DEL2
Japan: Asia Ice Hockey League
Norway: GET-Ligaen
Russia: KHL
Sweden: SHL and Allsvenskan
Switzerland: NLA

All international tournaments are working, although we need to work on "what team plays where"
Of course we will update all the leagues that were included in the 9.6 release and will try to add new leagues.

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Cor
OT Thread Leader

vCash: 72
You guys are already that far along? Wow, props to you guys.

Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 01:02 AM
Named

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post

That's not completely true. Last TBL update was 9.6 version and included (mostly) newly created leagues and some of them were updated (rosters, new players) but not Vegas expansion.

Details:
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...p?f=23&t=18235

For next release it will include also exhibition matches/tournaments like Spengler Cup, Mountfield Cup, Dolomiten Cup etc. We have found way to add them.

Last edited by Named: 07-20-2017 at 01:11 AM.
Named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 07:58 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Please note that the Spengler Cup can't have Team Canada.

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Nino33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Named View Post
That's not completely true. Last TBL update was 9.6 version and included (mostly) newly created leagues and some of them were updated (rosters, new players) but not Vegas expansion.
Seems completely true to me.....I think they're talking about when the rosters are first released for the year (so 9.0 and it's release date are what they're referencing) & Foppa's database is the only currently available 2017-18 database

Old
07-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
Fixed

Last edited by Kranix: 07-20-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 01:29 PM
glasgow26

So I'm using Foppa's latest Vegas DB and a bunch of players aren't returning from the Olympics. Some players did, but lots of them haven't returned yet. I have six players on my roster who are away and I'm unable to put them in my lineup. It's March 1st in my game at the moment.

I read that this was an issue in an earlier version of the Vegas DB but I believe I'm using the most up-to-date version (v1.1, created July 15th). Anyone have advice?

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

Quote:
So I'm using Foppa's latest Vegas DB and a bunch of players aren't returning from the Olympics. Some players did, but lots of them haven't returned yet. I have six players on my roster who are away and I'm unable to put them in my lineup. It's March 1st in my game at the moment.

I read that this was an issue in an earlier version of the Vegas DB but I believe I'm using the most up-to-date version (v1.1, created July 15th). Anyone have advice?
Hmmm that version should be fixed so either I uploaded the wrong thing or its only fixed on my computer. I'll take a look.

Foppa is online now   Reply With Quote