HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Around the NHL VIII - Free Agent Frenzy Edition

Old
04-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Mortiest Morty

vCash: 500
Cool, I guess. Would you go to another team's board and post a reply to such a throwaway comment? Because that's some super insecure stuff there. And you know Habs fans only read this board because of another ridiculous and childish obsession they have.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 04:52 PM
braindead

Me? Nah, nothing good is likely to come out of posting on another team's boards, agree with you there. I don't mind the habs and their baggage carrying fans dropping by for a visit but understand the view.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 05:08 PM
Montross
Top 6 Bonino

Wild on the brink of being swept. How sweet it is.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Wild on the brink of being swept. How sweet it is.
Loving it, but if you are St. Louis you gotta pray Allen doesn't regress, he's pretty much stolen this series.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 05:51 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
We would say the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Well at least drake and me I guess... but probably a number of others who have watched the habs series - which includes a lot of action including shea getting knocked down and also delivering that beat down -- would say we don't think "lit up" is really an accurate description of events in that series.
I have the poster you quote on ignore but seeing his comments that you quoted makes me continue to wonder why he even posts here. Although I must say Zol scoring a goal after being called "awful" by him in the GDT almost made me unignore him long enough to ask him to please call a couple of players every game "awful"... we might just run the table if he would do so...

04-16-2017, 05:53 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Sooooooo, he didn't get checked to the ice a few times? Including a big hit just prior to that little clip you posted that caused him to go ballistic? Also, I find it incredibly hilarious that you felt the need to respond to such an innocuous comment, from 2 days ago, on another team's board. Oh Habs fans, never change, it's truly comical.
...who happens to be our former team captain?

...and also spent most of his good years in the Nashville system?

...and in no way, shape, or form looked to be getting "lit up", as the kids are calling it nowadays?

Sorry, please try again.

Facebook - @jwhouk
Where I'd really rather be right now

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 05:59 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Don't you know Liarpold is probably about to pull out what's left of his combover??

Losing 3 straight games to the coach his team fired... Nashville looking solid.... I wouldn't wanna be his dog right now..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 06:00 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Give ol' Craig some Pledge for that combover. It'll shine!

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 06:35 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Loving it, but if you are St. Louis you gotta pray Allen doesn't regress, he's pretty much stolen this series.
I'm sure people are saying the same about Rinne....

Old
04-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I have the poster you quote on ignore but seeing his comments that you quoted makes me continue to wonder why he even posts here. Although I must say Zol scoring a goal after being called "awful" by him in the GDT almost made me unignore him long enough to ask him to please call a couple of players every game "awful"... we might just run the table if he would do so...
Yeah, I shouldn't post unless I'm willing to be an unabashed homer like you. I post because I'm a Preds fan. I bother you because I'm a realist and willing to call out players on our own team when they deserve it. No matter their tenure here, ties to the community, etc. And Zolnierczyk scored a great goal, I'm as happy about that as anyone. He always hustles and seems like a great guy, but if you think he's a good hockey player, you should find another sport to watch, or study up on hockey.

Old
04-16-2017, 07:32 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
I'm sure people are saying the same about Rinne....
Pretty big difference in the two in my opinion. Allen truly has stolen some games in this series. Minnesota completely dominated the Blues in game 1.

Rinne has been fantastic, but I still maintain we didn't need him to steal games, even game 1.

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 07:34 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Three players working on hattys with two goals each in Columbus... but nobody had any of them in the points game

Old
04-16-2017, 07:35 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Pretty big difference in the two in my opinion. Allen truly has stolen some games in this series. Minnesota completely dominated the Blues in game 1.

Rinne has been fantastic, but I still maintain we didn't need him to steal games, even game 1.
Gonna have to disagree on game 1.... but the point remains.. if Rinne regresses we are in trouble too.. we aren't going to score 5 every night

Old
04-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:

I agree, Jake Allen has been incredible so far. Henrik Lundqvist has also been pretty stellar. Rinne has been very good, he's stopped everything he's needed to, but the defense has been tremendous at limiting chances and clearing out the crease (Outside of the 2nd period, game 1).

Old
04-16-2017, 07:45 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
I agree, Jake Allen has been incredible so far. Henrik Lundqvist has also been pretty stellar. Rinne has been very good, he's stopped everything he's needed to, but the defense has been tremendous at limiting chances and clearing out the crease (Outside of the 2nd period, game 1).
I unblocked you because it's obvious you replied to me but I must say you didn't disappoint me in the least. RinNE has two shutouts against the 1 seed and the best you can come up with is "very good" because our team defense has been good too. But you acknowledge that he saved the day in the 1st game period 2... because if he didnt, thus would likely be a 1-1 series... kinda like saying "Aside from that, Mrs Lincoln, the play was pretty good, right?"

Last edited by PredsV82: 04-16-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old
04-16-2017, 07:55 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Yeah, I shouldn't post unless I'm willing to be an unabashed homer like you. I post because I'm a Preds fan. I bother you because I'm a realist and willing to call out players on our own team when they deserve it. No matter their tenure here, ties to the community, etc. And Zolnierczyk scored a great goal, I'm as happy about that as anyone. He always hustles and seems like a great guy, but if you think he's a good hockey player, you should find another sport to watch, or study up on hockey.
Um, did you even notice my avatar for the last year? It was a reference to Smith being an unpolishable turd. I call out plenty of players for underperforming, coaches too. And I made no claim that Z Is a "good hockey player" I simply enjoyed the fact that he scored after you used your favorite descriptor "awful" to describe him. But when I make comments about players I usually try not to be smug and condescending when people disagree with me, because occasionally players make us eat our words, and they tend to taste better if they aren't coated in layers of bovine excrement

Old
04-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
I unblocked you because it's obvious you replied to me in the other thread but I must say you didn't disappoint me in the least. RinNE has two shutouts against the 1 seed and the best you can come up with is "very good" because our team defense has been good too. But you acknowledge that he saved the day in the 1st game period 2... because if he didnt, thus would likely be a 1-1 series... kinda like saying "Aside from that, Mrs Lincoln, the play was pretty good, right?"
Thanks chief, it hurt pretty bad being ignored by you, I'll sleep much better tonight. If you'll re-read that and pay closer attention, what you'll see is that I said "the defense has been tremendous... outside of the 2nd period". Meaning they were not tremendous in the 2nd period. There is a massive gap between not tremendous and saved by the goalie. And very good is quite the compliment in my book, sorry it isn't enough for you. Thanks for playing though.

Quote:
Um, did you even notice my avatar for the last year? It was a reference to Smith being an unpolishable turd. I call out plenty of players for underperforming, coaches too. And I made no claim that Z Is a "good hockey player" I simply enjoyed the fact that he scored after you used your favorite descriptor "awful" to describe him. But when I make comments about players I usually try not to be smug and condescending when people disagree with me, because occasionally players make us eat our words, and they tend to taste better if they aren't coated in layers of bovine excrement
Zolnierczyk is 29 years old and has appeared in 86 NHL games and shown himself poorly in those appearances, including game one. He was good in game 2, but that doesn't make him not an awful hockey player. I use awful when it is an apt description as it was in the case of Rinne for almost all of last year and 50% of this year and as it is for Zolnierczyk.

Last edited by Mortiest Morty: 04-16-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old
04-16-2017, 08:02 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Thanks chief, it hurt pretty bad being ignored by you, I'll sleep much better tonight. If you'll re-read that and pay closer attention, what you'll see is that I said "the defense has been tremendous... outside of the 2nd period". Meaning they were not tremendous in the 2nd period. There is a massive gap between not tremendous and saved by the goalie. And very good is quite the compliment in my book, sorry it isn't enough for you. Thanks for playing though.
So you aren't even willing to acknowledge that if Rinne had been merely "average" or his usual (in your book) "awful" that Chicago would have likely won Game 1??

How typical of a prejudiced person. Object of their prejudice does poorly = confirmation of their prejudice; Object of prejudice does well = someone else made him look good.

To quote our president:
SAD!

Old
04-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
So you aren't even willing to acknowledge that if Rinne had been merely "average" or his usual (in your book) "awful" that Chicago would have likely won Game 1??

How typical of a prejudiced person. Object of their prejudice does poorly = confirmation of their prejudice; Object of prejudice does well = someone else made him look good.

To quote our president:
SAD!
If he was awful like he was for almost all of last year or 50% of this year, absolutely they would've lost. If he were replaced with any other playoff goalie, no I don't think Chicago would have necessarily likely won. I can't think of any huge saves he had to make even in the 2nd. He was very solid, but didn't need to be outstanding. Nowhere have I said the defense made him look good. I specifically called him very good. Not surprised you'd quote Trump, so fitting for you.

Old
04-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Mortiest Morty

Big power play goal from Weber to double the lead in Montreal and Jake Guentzel completes the hat trick to put away the Blue Jackets in OT. Poor BJs, nothing ever works out for them.

Old
04-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Armourboy

Quote:

Agreed. Rinne has done what we have needed to do, and he has been very good, but outside of a spot or two, he hasn't had to do what Allen has. I've watched all of the St. Louis games and I'm telling you that without him standing on his head it would be a very different series

Obviously you need your goalie to be good to win games, but Allen has been past good.

We've also played much better in front of Rinne than St. Louis has in front of Allen. You watch most of those games and cover the score and there would be no way you would believe St. Louis is up 3-0.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Mortiest Morty

I also watched all the Blues games and I'm not exaggerating here, Jake Allen has been Tim Thomas 2011 good so far. It's only been 3 games and I hate the Blues, so I certainly hope he doesn't keep it up. But putting away my biases, it's been a treat to watch so far.

Old
04-16-2017, 09:20 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
If you guys don't like Suter I suggest reading the Wild game thread. They're absolute crushing him in there.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

you can tell the Jackets have gotten better because now when I pay closer attention to the Preds to feel better about the game it's during the playoffs instead of during the regular season

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 09:32 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
you can tell the Jackets have gotten better because now when I pay closer attention to the Preds to feel better about the game it's during the playoffs instead of during the regular season
Minnesota and Columbus- for a good part of the season they may have been the two best teams in the league- and now they are a combined 0-6 in the playoffs.

Crazy stuff- who woulda thunk it???

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote