HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you want in the 1st round?

View Poll Results: Who do you want to play in the 1st round?
Chicago Blackhawks 14 29.17%
Anaheim Ducks 11 22.92%
Minnesota Wild 14 29.17%
Doesn't matter we are gonna win. 9 18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2017, 04:04 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

vCash: 500
Who do you want in the 1st round?

Looks like we will play either Chicago or Anaeheim, slight chance of Minnesota still. Who do you want, or are you like me and you don't care because playoff hockey is awesome regardless?

Old
04-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Armourboy

I'll go with Chicago. Probably less chance of winning, but also less chance of goon crap and injury.

Old
04-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I'll go with Chicago. Probably less chance of winning, but also less chance of goon crap and injury.
On the complete opposite train of thought, I'm taking Anaheim. Sure, the law of averages would have them winning the first round again at some point, and I hate to see anyone get injured (even a Duck) but Fowler being out could be yuge for whoever plays them.

It was a toss up for me between Anaheim and Minnesota. I probably would've said Minnesota before the Fowler injury.

If I ended up jinxing our own guys don't tar and feather me.

Old
04-05-2017, 05:30 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

Even though we've lost to Chicago twice, they have been highly entertaining games and gave me near heart attacks. If we do draw them, it should at least be fun, and stressful.

Old
04-05-2017, 05:42 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 50
the PC answer is "anybody" but since you asked us to pick I want Chicago

Pros: less travel, no midnight(or worse) game endings, chance to vanquish the new "Big Brother"

Cons: Hawks fans in our barn. Pacific might be slightly easier path(but debatable, as I would argue that if we can somehow beat the hawks, both the Blues and Wild would be a better matchup than the Sharks if that's who gets to round 2 in the Pacific)

04-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

Pros: less travel, no midnight(or worse) game endings, chance to vanquish the new "Big Brother"

Cons: Hawks fans in our barn. Pacific might be slightly easier path(but debatable, as I would argue that if we can somehow beat the hawks, both the Blues and Wild would be a better matchup than the Sharks if that's who gets to round 2 in the Pacific)
I don't recall there being a ton of Hawks fans here in the 15 playoffs. A lot of Chicago transplants live here but I think most fans that show up are in the regular season when they have months, not days, to plan a weekend trip.

Old
04-05-2017, 07:38 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

I want Chicago. Time to step up, knock the religion out of Patricia and eliminate them first round.

Old
04-05-2017, 10:34 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't recall there being a ton of Hawks fans here in the 15 playoffs. A lot of Chicago transplants live here but I think most fans that show up are in the regular season when they have months, not days, to plan a weekend trip.
Yep- their fans were a complete non-factor in all 3 Bridgestone games in the '15 series. Way less than regular season and will likely be that way again....

Old
04-06-2017, 12:28 AM
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.

Quote:
I have this discussion with people a lot. With the uncertainty of who anyone will play, the prospect of weekday games and the short notice, it will help keep a lot of them out. They had 8 months to plan for the March 4 game from when the schedule came out. This will be maybe 8 days.

I used to park at the library garage and I remember walking from the garage to paradise park and seeing zero bhawk fans. From the Renaissance, to the lots, to Broadway there were literally zero. Eventually there were a few around downtown, but that was great.

I still don't want to play them.

I will take Anaheim or Minnesota. Really, anyone but Chicago. I'd rather let St.Louis or Calgary play them.

Old
04-06-2017, 02:00 AM
Gnashville
One and Done

St Louis can beat Chicago, Predators can't. I'd rather not lose to them again and let someone else deal with them. This team was supposed to be a cup contender but would be gone in another 1st round loss to the Blackhawks. I'd take ending $uter's season over 6 games and a handshake vs Towes and Kane.

Old
04-06-2017, 03:29 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Chicago plays a highly-skilled entertaining game. They don't hit they want to play with puck and speed and I respect that a lot more than Anaheim'd goon crap.

Old
04-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Smashville Stroke

I think I would put our best chances on beating ANA then hopefully EDM in the 2nd. The schedule and travel are the only things keeping me from going completely that way. That and it would be nice to knock out the Hawks.

Old
04-06-2017, 09:32 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

Predators fans fear of the Blackhawks and moreover the people who refuse to go to games against the Hawks because they have thin skin is really embarrassing. I have several friends from Chicago who live here now and it tickles them to death how bad they get under Preds fans skin.

Last edited by TitansVolsPreds615: 04-06-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old
04-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

At least if we played the Hawks the whole league would be rooting for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Predators fans fear of the Blackhawks and moreover the people who refuse to go to games against the Hawks because they have think skin is really embarrassing. I have several friends from Chicago who live here now and it tickles them to death how bad they get under Preds fans skin.
Yeah same here. I try to defend it because it's my team but I really can't. It's the NHL, not Belmont vs Lipscomb basketball. I'm assuming you're younger. Most younger people have no problem with them being here and certainly none of my friends who are Preds fans do. I guess maybe if you're older or have little kids you might not want to be subjected to certain things, but it's all about the situation you're in and not everything can be perfect for everyone.

Last edited by Drake744: 04-06-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old
04-06-2017, 10:09 AM
deanwormer

Quote:

Yeah same here. I try to defend it because it's my team but I really can't. It's the NHL, not Belmont vs Lipscomb basketball. I'm assuming you're younger. Most younger people have no problem with them being here and certainly none of my friends who are Preds fans do. I guess maybe if you're older or have little kids you might not want to be subjected to certain things, but it's all about the situation you're in and not everything can be perfect for everyone.
There is without question a big divide by generation over the complete and utter disrespect that Chicago fans show during the anthem.

Old
04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
KurtAngle

I'd rather take on Chicago in the 1st round because that is the best chance to surprise them. I think if we steal a win there and come back here and hit them there is a chance...just like years ago. Plus, I think we actually match up to them well size wise.

If we catch them after the 1st they will be in a groove and much tougher.

Half of me thinks we could be a danger with Minnesota and San Jose cooling off and St. Louis being up and down. But, I just don't have a good feeling with the way this team has not put it together often enough.

Old
04-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

I've got news for you, the games will still start just as late due to NBC wanting all East Coast games finished before the Western Conference games start.

Old
04-06-2017, 11:16 AM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

I don't think I'll be surprised at any outcome of any potential series we may endure. This team has been so inconsistent this year, it's incredible. We could be swept, do the sweep, or go back and forth, and it wouldn't surprise me any. All depends on which team shows up.

Old
04-06-2017, 01:40 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

The Hawks are higher risk, higher reward. Less chance of winning but bigger win if we did. Ducks are lower risk, lower reward. Better chance of winning but it would just get us back to where we were last year. A win over the Hawks, even though it's just a Round 1 win, would be monumental for the franchise and the future psyche of this team.

So, I hope we "win out" but so do the blues and Flames so we stay in 8th.

Isn't it unnerving that we (fans) sweat these closing games while Lavy treats them like pre-season with the "resting" of players. I wouldn't be surprised if he called a timeout mid 2nd period and switched goalies.

Why do we need to "rest" people when we'll have 3-to-5 off days between our last game and teh 1st playoff game?

Old
04-06-2017, 01:56 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:

Maybe I will look at it differently when I have kids (26 and single), but sporting events are not really the place to take children IMO. The zoo or the movies are much different than a passionate sporting event where alcohol is being consumed.

My neighbor got mad because there was a lot of swearing between Ut and Alabama fans at the game in Knoxville last year. I asked her "What did you think you were walking into?". If you want to bond with your kids over sports take them to a Sounds game or the Globetrotters. Not an SEC rivalry game or an NHL playoff game.

Old
04-06-2017, 03:17 PM
KurtAngle

Quote:
Maybe I will look at it differently when I have kids (26 and single), but sporting events are not really the place to take children IMO. The zoo or the movies are much different than a passionate sporting event where alcohol is being consumed.

My neighbor got mad because there was a lot of swearing between Ut and Alabama fans at the game in Knoxville last year. I asked her "What did you think you were walking into?". If you want to bond with your kids over sports take them to a Sounds game or the Globetrotters. Not an SEC rivalry game or an NHL playoff game.
I agree you have to be aware it won't be all Sesame Street, but c'mon. The Preds heavily market to kids and families.

You take away the heavily marketed to families and this team will be back on the market yet again ala Balsillie.

Speaking of, they sell as much alcohol at Sounds games.

Even as an adult I don't want to hear endless F bombs and such. And it's a sports arena that families with kids are supporting with their tax money, too, not a much bigger bar. I don't think it's too much to ask people to be semi responsible adults, and it is kind of scary people like that are going to be driving after the game.

Old
04-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
I agree you have to be aware it won't be all Sesame Street, but c'mon. The Preds heavily market to kids and families.

You take away the heavily marketed to families and this team will be back on the market yet again ala Balsillie.

Speaking of, they sell as much alcohol at Sounds games.

Even as an adult I don't want to hear endless F bombs and such. And it's a sports arena that families with kids are supporting with their tax money, too, not a much bigger bar. I don't think it's too much to ask people to be semi responsible adults, and it is kind of scary people like that are going to be driving after the game.
The difference is no one here is complaining about Preds fans and their actions. Yeah the Sounds games sell a ton of booze also and people there get rowdy but there's no random away fans making the trip and pissing people off.

Old
04-06-2017, 04:01 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
The difference is no one here is complaining about Preds fans and their actions. Yeah the Sounds games sell a ton of booze also and people there get rowdy but there's no random away fans making the trip and pissing people off.
Exactly. It is a different atmosphere because people are just there to enjoy a nice summer day/evening and no one is very invested in whether the team wins or not.

Old
04-06-2017, 06:22 PM
drwpreds

Quote:

If by children you mean babies and VERY young kids, ok, sure.

But anything above that? No way. Kids have just as much right to be there as you or anyone else. And if anyone thinks they have a right to loudly swear at a public event, professional sporting event or not, then they are very mistaken..

Old
04-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

To me it all boils down to not liking the idea of letting another city and fan base bully Nashville and Preds fans around.

Like it or not, the reality is that's what Chicago and Hawks fans are doing to us, simply by us doing what we do and even discussing it.

Closed Thread