HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you want in the 1st round?

View Poll Results: Who do you want to play in the 1st round?
Chicago Blackhawks 14 29.17%
Anaheim Ducks 11 22.92%
Minnesota Wild 14 29.17%
Doesn't matter we are gonna win. 9 18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Firestorm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
There's a difference between giving up and being realistic. Just like there's a difference between being a massive homer and being optimistic *cough* *cough*...

I fully expect the Hawks to win in 6, but I'll be at every home game and glued to my TV for the away games, rooting as hard as anyone.
That's a nice way of putting it. The only way that we would win if there is no inconsistency and the blackhawks play like *******. I'll give you a hint, seeing pigs flying is more likely.

Old
04-08-2017, 09:11 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

I may be the only one but I'm so ready to watch us win these games watching with my Blackhawk fan friends.This is going to be a fun ride.

Old
04-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
There's a difference between giving up and being realistic. Just like there's a difference between being a massive homer and being optimistic *cough* *cough*...

I fully expect the Hawks to win in 6, but I'll be at every home game and glued to my TV for the away games, rooting as hard as anyone.
I'm with you again here. I feel I have a pretty rational basis for expecting the Hawks to bounce us, I'm not saying "well, no point in watching, we're done, see ya!"

Old
04-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
I may be the only one but I'm so ready to watch us win these games watching with my Blackhawk fan friends.This is going to be a fun ride.
You aren't. Am I positive we win the series? No. Do I think it's all over before it starts? Absolutely not.

Old
04-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Yess. Wanted the Hawks got the Hawks. Feeling oddly optimistic. Less travel and a non-physical team. We're huge underdogs which usually bodes well for us.

Old
04-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Oort Cloud

Looks like that shorthanded goal was the difference between Chicago and Anaheim. They were 45 seconds from getting Anaheim.

Old
04-09-2017, 12:05 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I just figure if we beat Chicago we have a chance to go further, we beat Anaheim we are done in round 2 from the travel and getting beat on, just like last year.

Pick your poison, best team in the west, or lots of goon ing and beat up guys.
Couldn't agree more. We saw what the travelling and the long series did to us last year. Had we gotten Anaheim now and had we beaten them we would've still have had to battle the Sharks or the Oilers and travel a lot. Now we can make our way through the Central which is a lot better option, or at least we don't have to travel a lot in the 1st round.

So, had we gotten Anaheim the travel would've gotten the best of us in the long run. We may not stand a better chance against the Hawks but if we beat them, in the long run we're better off. Higher risk - higher reward, that's how it works in business, people.

Old
04-09-2017, 12:12 AM
King Weber

vCash: 50
There's a Bulls game at the UC on Wednesday so the earliest possible date for Game 1 is Thursday. Looking forward to it.

And as is tradition, Anisimov expected back for Game 1.

Old
04-09-2017, 12:39 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

I don't have a good feeling about this, too much history against us.

Hope the Preds can pull off a mini miracle. Slay the dragon.

Old
04-09-2017, 12:46 AM
adsfan

Chicago.

Just like the NCAA basketball tourney, it is easier to knock off a favorite early.

This series has less travel than Anaheim, and no goons, unlike Anaheim.

Old
04-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Gnashville
One and Done

Freaking Blake Wheeler the punk that started the whole NCAA free agency loophole!!

Old
04-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Datsyukian Deke
Is Holland gone yet?

Should be a good series.

Old
04-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Amped for the Hawks. I've always had a hell of a time during these series regardless of outcome. Just chant this repeatedly on game day:

Old
04-09-2017, 10:03 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Who gives up quicker, preds fans or the French army?
Nobody has "given up". If we gave up we wouldn't be posting, we would have moved in to whatever occupies us in the spring and summer when hockey is over.

But many of us are, rightfully, pessimistic about our post season chances. It's been especially frustrating and disheartening watching a team many picked to reach or even win the Cup finals play like a marginal playoff qualifier for much of the year.

This team needs to give us a reason to be optimistic. A win in Chicago in game one or two will do the trick.

04-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Gnashville
One and Done

Predators have not won a playoff game in Chicago since game 1 in 2010.
I am not surrendering just being realistic. The fact is if this team is halfway competent in 3 on 3 OT they would be playing the Wild right now. The stupid gimmick OT has ruined this team.

Old
04-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Old
04-09-2017, 11:48 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Mafia View Post
Them scoring on us that last 13 secs was killer. I'm going to dread the last 30 secs of each game.

Old
04-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Mafia View Post
Oh yeah, the lovely "there's severe weather so let's go to the news room and not show the game".game.

My friend literally threw up after we lost that one

Old
04-09-2017, 12:22 PM
klt2001

With that said, I like our chances w/ this team than w/ that team in the video. We at least gave Chicago alot more trouble imo w/ the team we had w/ Forsberg on it. If any team has a better chance at winning against Chicago I would say it's this team than our previous teams if they come out to play.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-09-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old
04-11-2017, 09:13 AM
KurtAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
With that said, I like our chances w/ this team than w/ that team in the video. We at least gave Chicago alot more trouble imo w/ the team we had w/ Forsberg on it. If any team has a better chance at winning against Chicago I would say it's this team than our previous teams if they come out to play.
I agree. It will take a few pieces to fall in place. But, nobody expects us to win, so why not just come out and go all in? I hope we just come out loose and play with a "what is there to lose?" mentality.

Pekka is going to have to be Pekka of old and steal a game or two. Forsberg just has to be Forsberg who carried the team for a stretch and Wilson has to be Playoffs Wilson.

One more guy needs to go beyond the regular season. Preferrably Subban and Johansson.

Why not let it be this year? Chicago is great of course, but they are not unbeatable and they are not exactly rolling into the playoffs on a hot streak.

Old
04-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
Chicago. bring em on.

Old
04-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
I agree. It will take a few pieces to fall in place. But, nobody expects us to win, so why not just come out and go all in? I hope we just come out loose and play with a "what is there to lose?" mentality.

Pekka is going to have to be Pekka of old and steal a game or two. Forsberg just has to be Forsberg who carried the team for a stretch and Wilson has to be Playoffs Wilson.

One more guy needs to go beyond the regular season. Preferrably Subban and Johansson.

Why not let it be this year? Chicago is great of course, but they are not unbeatable and they are not exactly rolling into the playoffs on a hot streak.
Spot on. There are always upsets, of some size, in the playoffs. We're massive underdogs - no one expects us to win. That's when our mentality is the best, and theirs is the worst - although they've been able to handle those kind of situations pretty well the last few years.

If nothing else, we have psychology on our side.

Old
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post

I agree. Everybody already thinks we will lose so why not at least give them hell and make life difficulty for them. Whether they win or lose, I just want them to give it all they got and at least make this series difficult and take it to round seven like they did Anaheim and the Sharks. At least we worn them out and neither won the cup that year. Make playing against the Preds not something teams want to do and who knows maybe we will finally be able to get past the second round for a change. Most Preds fans are wanting a Stanley cup (I do too) but shoot I would just be happy w/ a second round win at this point and getting to the third round. Baby steps baby steps.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-11-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old
04-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I agree. Everybody already thinks we will lose so why not at least give them hell and make life difficulty for them. Whether they win or lose, I just want them to give it all they got and at least make this series difficulty and take it to round seven like they did Anaheim and the Sharks. At least we worn them out and neither won the cup that year. Make playing against the Preds not something teams want to do and who knows maybe we will finally be able to get past the second round for a chance.
No offense but if this happens no one on here, or league wide, will care.

Old
04-11-2017, 08:55 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
No offense but if this happens no one on here, or league wide, will care.
Maybe but for me that is something I would like to see. Can't climb that mountain without first getting over that valley. For me it's not an all or nothing deal. Would I like to see us win a cup, sure but the likelihood of that happen in one setting/try isn't likely but us getting pass the second round is (if not this year another year) and then the conference finals to eventually get to the Stanley cup finals and then ultimately win the cup. So far this franchise hasn't even be able to get pass the second round or in this case pass Chicago in a round. That is something I like to see in my lifetime and if not at least get close to it; at least have something you can build on. We weren't able to get pass the second round last year but we got alot closer to it than we ever have by getting to game 7 at least. That's at least a step in the right direction even if it's baby steps and not a sprint like we would like to see. I feel eventually getting pass that second round is something we can do which will then lead us to eventually getting pass the conference finals and so on. We need to set smaller more obtainable goals to reach our final goal....The cup. So if that means beating Chicago in the first round or at least taking it to 7 rounds something we have never been able to do against them I'll take it cause maybe the next time we are up against them again we will be able to get over that hurdle and beat them outright like we did w/ the Red wings who we thought we would never beat in the playoffs but eventually did.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-12-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Closed Thread