HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WIN!! - Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars

Old
04-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Mortiest Morty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
This is such a tired narrative. We would be underdogs to anyone we play. We are either going to be the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs. What 8 seed will ever be expected to beat a 1? Or even a 7 to beat a 2? Of course we would be underdogs to Chicago. Lowe seeds win all the time. LA won a cup as an 8 seed.
This is such a nonsensical post. I said big underdogs, as in large, the opposite of small. You can't honestly believe the odds would be the same no matter who they play, that would just be a dumb statement.

LA also made a very big trade at the deadline that year, finished the season much improved and are the only 7 or 8 seed ever to win the cup. "LA won as an 8 seed not long ago" is another of those boring, meaningless platitudes I mentioned..

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 02:14 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
This is such a nonsensical post. I said big underdogs, as in large, the opposite of small. You can't honestly believe the odds would be the same no matter who they play, that would just be a dumb statement.

LA also made a very big trade at the deadline that year, finished the season much improved and are the only 7 or 8 seed ever to win the cup. "LA won as an 8 seed not long ago" is another of those boring, meaningless platitudes I mentioned..
Didn't Laviolette win in Carolina as an 8 seed against Edmonton who was also an 8 seed?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 02:17 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:

Any past 8 seed talk/past playoff series talk/regular season record talk is meaningless. Crazy things happen in the postseason. You can't win titles if you don't make the postseason. The losing record to Chicago this year and losing to them in the 2015 playoffs has no bearing on the upcoming series. Our series against Anaheim last year would mean nothing if we were to play them this year. You are just scared of Chicago. They are just another team to the players. We are going into the playoffs more or less healthy with the most firepower we have ever had.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Didn't Laviolette win in Carolina as an 8 seed against Edmonton who was also an 8 seed?
Nope, the Hurricanes were I believe a 1 or 2 seed and had over 110 points.

Old
04-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Any past 8 seed talk/past playoff series talk/regular season record talk is meaningless. Crazy things happen in the postseason. You can't win titles if you don't make the postseason. The losing record to Chicago this year and losing to them in the 2015 playoffs has no bearing on the upcoming series. Our series against Anaheim last year would mean nothing if we were to play them this year. You are just scared of Chicago. They are just another team to the players. We are going into the playoffs more or less healthy with the most firepower we have ever had.
"The Postseason is a new season", "regular season records don't matter", "past events don't matter", blah blah blah. Platitudes, they are truly meaningless. I'd like to see the Preds win, they likely have a better chance of winning against someone other than Chicago. Pretty simple.

Old
04-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Preds33

Quote:
"The Postseason is a new season", "regular season records don't matter", "past events don't matter", blah blah blah. Platitudes, they are truly meaningless. I'd like to see the Preds win, they likely have a better chance of winning against someone other than Chicago. Pretty simple.
Chicago is in the head of these Predators' players.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 02:35 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

If the coaches/players don't care who they play, neither should you.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
If the coaches/players don't care who they play, neither should you.
Why? And who says they don't actually care? They'd never admit it publically if they did.

Old
04-06-2017, 02:55 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 50
whats pretty stupid is assuming the players being rested don't actually need the rest. Im sure by game 81 everyone is pretty beat up and I daresay that we have a better chance against anyone if Ryan Ellis and Mike Fisher have a week to rest any nagging bruises/injuries

04-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
whats pretty stupid is assuming the players being rested don't actually need the rest. Im sure by game 81 everyone is pretty beat up and I daresay that we have a better chance against anyone if Ryan Ellis and Mike Fisher have a week to rest any nagging bruises/injuries
Where did anyone say that? I'm sure just about everyone in the NHL could use a rest about now. When you put in a guy like Brad Hunt, who hasn't played in months and isn't NHL caliber to begin with, and play him 17 minutes, you're clearly not trying too hard to win the game. It appears that they're trying even less so to win this game.

Old
04-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Armourboy

Lets just say this, if they team was wanting a certain match up they would be fielding a full team rather than resting. At this point I think they have decided that rest is more important than match up.

Frankly I wouldn't even be surprised that we aren't trying to get the number 8 spot, not because they think it will be easier to beat Chicago, but because of after last years playoffs, all the travel and how much more physical a series with the Ducks would be, they feel that if we do beat Chicago we are in much better shape heading into the second round than we would be if we played Anaheim.

Basically as someone else mentioned, high risk/high reward. Tougher first round match up, but a win leaves you in better shape physically for the second round.

Armourboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Mortiest Morty

If they're worried about travel then it's a smart move for them. 1 or two trips to Chicago, then they can stay home for the rest of the year... (sort of)

Old
04-06-2017, 05:41 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Lets just say this, if they team was wanting a certain match up they would be fielding a full team rather than resting. At this point I think they have decided that rest is more important than match up.

Frankly I wouldn't even be surprised that we aren't trying to get the number 8 spot, not because they think it will be easier to beat Chicago, but because of after last years playoffs, all the travel and how much more physical a series with the Ducks would be, they feel that if we do beat Chicago we are in much better shape heading into the second round than we would be if we played Anaheim.

Basically as someone else mentioned, high risk/high reward. Tougher first round match up, but a win leaves you in better shape physically for the second round.
Not to mention if we were to shock the world and knock them out in round 1, we would be setup to have the best chance we have ever had to make the SCF

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

What is all this talk? Isn't Dallas a team the Preds should beat firing on seven cylinders and a flat tire anyway? C'mon man!

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
What is all this talk? Isn't Dallas a team the Preds should beat firing on seven cylinders and a flat tire anyway? C'mon man!
Hence the frustration of never winning in Dallas.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 07:04 PM
King Weber

King Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 07:15 PM
INDhockeyfan

They are resting because they have been playing with injuries. I think most of them practiced this morning so they aren't serious injuries.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
30 for Arvy!!!!!!!!!!!

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 07:40 PM
INDhockeyfan

Arvy with number 30

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Mortiest Morty

Congrats to Arvidsson, huge year for him.

Old
04-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Armourboy

Yay Arvy!

Old
04-06-2017, 07:45 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Arvy says no to all you coaster talkers.

bdub24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2017, 07:47 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
Fiddler's "upper body" issue is a surplus of space between his ears.

04-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Armourboy

Watson centering the 4th. Talk about piecing things together lol.

Old
04-06-2017, 07:58 PM
belle

Quote:
Where did anyone say that? I'm sure just about everyone in the NHL could use a rest about now. When you put in a guy like Brad Hunt, who hasn't played in months and isn't NHL caliber to begin with, and play him 17 minutes, you're clearly not trying too hard to win the game. It appears that they're trying even less so to win this game.
Actually LavI said somrthing very close to V82's comment this morning on Coffee with Coach (replayed at 6pm on 102.5)

belle is offline   Reply With Quote