HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Eskimos Thread | reg season starts... 1-0

Old
04-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

vCash: 500
MoneyGuy was in this thread but didn't post.

I need my insider info, damn it!

Unless he no longer has that inside info because Hervey's gone.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 02:12 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Dave Jamieson is quite upset today and he doesn't necessarily like how Hervey has dealt with things.

This is one of the points he has made a few times today.
"Sure it's a gate driven league and have that fan/media access can really help, but a 6-12 team will counter all of that"

The other one was
"Len has allowed Hervey to do this, he could've stopped him when this first became an issue"

The last one
"We heard how Toronto couldn't attract free agents with no coach/gm, so does this now hurt the Eskimos as they look like jokes?"

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Gord
Batfink!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post

Moneyguy, if you see Len Rhodes, tell him it's all his fault for making the esks the joke of the league today.
Hervey seems to have gotten fired partly because Rhodes is bad at his job.

as a season ticket holder, I again feel betrayed by the team. not because hervey was fired, but because of when they did it, and their reasons as to why.

i'll be sending a couple of e-mails to the team.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
but isn't Rhodes the one in charge of all that? maybe Hervey should have stayed and Rhodes got the boot.
Hervey is supposed to put a competitive team on the field and Rhodes was supposed to fill the seats. seems in the last few years, the marketing is what has sucked the most for the team.

look at this last year. they did almost nothing to enhance the in game experience.
building a stand up so called party platform in the endzone area. and a couple of halftime band where the two songs they played sucked, or the sound sucked.

I could do a better job just by promising to throw more mini footballs into the crowd.
What, you mean Rhodes bringing in a huge act like Vanilla Ice in his first year as President isn't enough to give him immunity for any criticism?

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
What, you mean Rhodes bringing in a huge act like Vanilla Ice in his first year as President isn't enough to give him immunity for any criticism?
Even if he brought the Beatles back to life he wouldn't be 'saving grace' from me.

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Stoneman89

And now the local media will join in the BBQ. Rhodes is going to get lynched if he doesn't step down.

Derek Van Diest @DerekVanDiest

Am I the only guy who thinks Len Rhodes doesn't have a clue what he's doing? #Eskimos
11:22 AM - 7 Apr 2017

Old
04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
gordonhught

TEAM1260 supports Rhodes.

gordonhught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Even if he brought the Beatles back to life he wouldn't be 'saving grace' from me.
Okay mister, I disagree vehemently. That would do it for me.

Old
04-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonhught View Post
TEAM1260 supports Rhodes.
Who, specifically supports him? Do you have some quotes?

Old
04-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

Quote:
Okay mister, I disagree vehemently. That would do it for me.
Ok maybe it was a bad example

Old
04-07-2017, 02:59 PM
gordonhught

Jamieson. Says that lack of media access had a direct impact on the attendance at the games.

Old
04-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

Quote:
Jamieson. Says that lack of media access had a direct impact on the attendance at the games.
And Jameison is the reason for impact on viewers on TSN

Old
04-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
I've been running around today and heard most of the Dave Jamieson talk about the Hervey situation. Stopped watching football last year because of a number of factors, and after today's news it is very unlikely I'll pick up on the game again. To the casual observer like me, it appears that Len Rhoades threw Hervey under the bus. I'd also question Rhodes' involvement with the Chris Jones decision to jump ship so quickly. We've seen how Rhodes handles people in the organization before with Tillman, Jones (I don't think the full story is out, to my knowledge anyways, but maybe it is), and now Hervey.

Anyway, sorry to all you Eskie fans who have lived through the crap along with many others along the way. The entire identity of this team is now tarnished to a decrepit slug of what this once storied franchise used to be about. I've watched from Moon on, but I think I'm going to permanently hang my hat up on this team now.

PS: I'm not a season ticket holder but have gone to a number of games, my family has watched them since I was a kid, my Cousin is married to an Eskimo alumni, I've golfed with them at a tourney through work (Ricky Ray can smack that driver for miles BTW )...etc etc....so as much of a fair weather fan I consider myself to be, I have a personal bond with the Eskies as a whole.

Hope they fix this ****.

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:08 PM
MoontoScott

Well if Rhode-Kill was concerned about fan attendance then how does he think this move is going to play to the ticket buying public in Edmonton? So far the reaction is very negative and I can't see people throwing down their newspapers upon hearing this news and rushing down to the EE office to buy tickets.

In fact, it's just more damage to the EE image that we witnessed during the lost decade.

If part of this decision was due to stalled contract negotiations then why not let the now somewhat experienced GM stay for the year and then make a change come December 01st as the season ends? Meantime you can scour the market for candidates that might be suitable although I think the list is rather short.

For a guy who was supposedly hired for his business acumen and knowledge of the market this move by Mr. President seems very obtuse.

Well, maybe if we throw a ton of money at Kavis Reed he'll pull the plug in Montreal and bring his winning prowess and stellar football knowledge back to EE land.

MoontoScott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Hockey Nightmare

These media types love to inflate their own importance. So yeah of course they'll suggest that people weren't going to games because they couldn't interview some guys in a locker room or people weren't watching because no live mics.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

I'm waiting to hear the Eskimos have officially hired Danny Maciocia as the new GM. I'm dead serious. That's how low I'd think they'd go.

Old
04-07-2017, 03:12 PM
gordonhught

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Nightmare View Post
These media types love to inflate their own importance. So yeah of course they'll suggest that people weren't going to games because they couldn't interview some guys in a locker room or people weren't watching because no live mics.
Well put. I was trying to figure out how to say the same thing. Most media commenting on this will cite how lack of media access was a "justification" for the firing.

All I know is that I am less likely to go to a game now than I was last year. In fact, I refuse to go to a game this year.

Old
04-07-2017, 03:15 PM
flashy
NHL is rigged

vCash: 360
i dont even know what to say with all this. just why?

Why now, why at all? why not until the end of the season? what in the **** is going through Rhodes and Co's mind? I dont get it, this is such a lose-lose scenario. It just screams that somebody is trying to make a point.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:16 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoontoScott View Post
Well, maybe if we throw a ton of money at Kavis Reed he'll pull the plug in Montreal and bring his winning prowess and stellar football knowledge back to EE land.
Don't even joke about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post

LOL, I've been trying to find out what I can. Despite the jokes about a relationship with Hervey, he's not a source of mine although I know him a little.

I sometimes get wind of things in advance (Kavisís firing, trades, signings, neg-listers) but I admit that this one caught me off guard. I have two contacts with the Esks who didn't say anything but a friend with a western team texted me this just before it broke. It's a small league so there are few secrets.

Iím hearing that Hervey has been a pain in the arse for guys like Rhodes and the board. This is personalities and it's been coming for a couple of months, as has been mentioned. I'm hearing that contributing to this is Hervey's battles with the commissioner. I'm friends with Rhodes and hope to give him an ear full about this.

I'm a season ticket holder and that won't change.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
I'm waiting to hear the Eskimos have officially hired Danny Maciocia as the new GM. I'm dead serious. That's how low I'd think they'd go.
That would be epic.

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Don't even joke about that.

LOL, I've been trying to find out what I can. Despite the jokes about a relationship with Hervey, he's not a source of mine although I know him a little.

I sometimes get wind of things in advance (Kavisís firing, trades, signings, neg-listers) but I admit that this one caught me off guard. I have two contacts with the Esks who didn't say anything but a friend with a western team texted me this just before it broke. It's a small league so there are few secrets.

Iím hearing that Hervey has been a pain in the arse for guys like Rhodes and the board. This is personalities and it's been coming for a couple of months, as has been mentioned. I'm hearing that contributing to this is Hervey's battles with the commissioner. I'm friends with Rhodes and hope to give him an ear full about this.

I'm a season ticket holder and that won't change.
Thank you MoneyGuy. Tell him about our frustrations on here. Tell him he needs to put winning in front, not money and income.

Old
04-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
That's one guy. You made it sound like the entire station supports it. I just listened to Jason Gregor, who is part of the 1260 team, and he is didn't sound like he was in support.

Old
04-07-2017, 03:25 PM
MoneyGuy

I was just told that the stuff with the commish "got ugly."

Stay tuned, sports fans; I'm on the case.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:25 PM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
That's one guy. You made it sound like the entire station supports it. I just listened to Jason Gregor, who is part of the 1260 team, and he is didn't sound like he was in support.
Neilson didn't sound like he approved either judging by his twitter.

x GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I was just told that the stuff with the commish "got ugly."

Stay tuned, sports fans; I'm on the case.
Wow. Drama for the Eskimos. Why don't we just fold this year? I don't know how I can take a winning Oilers team and a crappy Eskimos team LOADED with drama