HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offiical GDT: NYR @ TOR 2/11/06 6PM Start

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2006, 02:45 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Would be nice for NY to win this one. Don't change the lineup at all. Let Orr stay off the ice where his lack of hockey skills keeps him. Could Orr have made the pass to Ward on his goal vs the Sens., like Ville did? I don't think so. Can Orr kill penalties?, Can he skate? How can one say that the team plays better with him in the lineup, (when he's played all of what 3 games), and this team is on a win streak, and has been winning all year without him. I wish he had Domi's skills so he could play most games, but unless someone gets injured he sits.
The team is on a 5 game winning streak and he was in for 2 of those games. Yes, he can skate, as we've seen in all the games he's played. No he can't kill penalties just yet, I'm sure he'll be able to as he develops. But I can respond in just the same way. Can Ville fight and protect the team? Can he give everyone on the bench a sense of comfort? Can he hit guys with some authority and at least attempt to intimidate the opposition? Plus...it's not like we don't have 13-14 other forwards who can do what you mentioned up there?

Old
02-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Zil

Don't even mention that. We don't need any more injuries.

Old
02-11-2006, 02:49 PM
The Dawg*

yo firefly i think were gonna get this game blacked out

Old
02-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
yo firefly i think were gonna get this game blacked out
Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Old
02-11-2006, 02:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Just want to chime in for a sec about yesterdays game, when Wellwood went one on one with Kaspar and actually got a shot off right after Kaspar skated up to him and tapped him on the shins and said good job, thought that was a pretty classy thing to do, Kaspar obviously recognized he was a young player in the league and gave him props for a nice move. I doubt the camera caught it but it was like 20 feet from my seats so I could read his lips.

Old
02-11-2006, 03:05 PM
The Dawg*

buffalo is playing tonight at 730 i think and theyve been showing programs on msg that arent scheduled to be showed. on fsn there is supposed to be college ball later, so i think that will show and the ******* Sabres will give the rangers the boot on msg

Old
02-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Osminator

Ha! Isles beat NJ 2-1 in regulation, taking 2 pts. from the hot devils.

Rangers win tonight... My prediction: 4-2

Old
02-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator
Ha! Isles beat NJ 2-1 in regulation, taking 2 pts. from the hot devils.

Rangers win tonight... My prediction: 4-2
Well as long as the Rangers win with nobody getting hurt then I don't care what the score is.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
eco's bones

A case could be made in this one for dressing Orr because games with Toronto can get very nasty however Orr is never going to develop into a penalty killer and he is a subpar skater and if he does play it probably does cut into Moore and Ortmeyer's ice time. Keep in mind TBBB that your man Colton (admitedly in very limited ice time) has produced 0 offensive production and has shown no real capability to lead anyone to believe he's going to change that in the very near or far off future. Again look at the hockey data base. Statistics will bear out that he is a goon plain and simple. 1 whole goal in 61 AHL games in 2004-05. That's the minors. It's not just bad luck. As a player he stinks. He's carrying his hockey stick around more or less for symmetrical reasons not because he knows what he's doing with it. It's just because he's supposed to have one. On the other hand as a fighter he's pretty good. He doesn't need a stick for that. You could put him on Lemieux's or Gretzky's line though in their primes and he still wouldn't produce. It's time to stop spinning this ***** that this team is intimidated when it continues to find ways to win. Intimidated teams do not do that.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:20 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
A case could be made in this one for dressing Orr because games with Toronto can get very nasty however Orr is never going to develop into a penalty killer and he is a subpar skater and if he does play it probably does cut into Moore and Ortmeyer's ice time. Keep in mind TBBB that your man Colton (admitedly in very limited ice time) has produced 0 offensive production and has shown no real capability to lead anyone to believe he's going to change that in the very near or far off future. Again look at the hockey data base. Statistics will bear out that he is a goon plain and simple. 1 whole goal in 61 AHL games in 2004-05. That's the minors. It's not just bad luck. As a player he stinks. He's carrying his hockey stick around more or less for symmetrical reasons not because he knows what he's doing with it. It's just because he's supposed to have one. On the other hand as a fighter he's pretty good. He doesn't need a stick for that. You could put him on Lemieux's or Gretzky's line though in their primes and he still wouldn't produce. It's time to stop spinning this ***** that this team is intimidated when it continues to find ways to win. Intimidated teams do not do that.
Oh I agree, but his coach said he could become a Brashear-type, he's been working his butt off in practice, and he's held his own in every game. How can you say that about him? I'm sure he can be a great fighter who will be able to play every game and bang everyone around just like the 1 or 2 guys on every other NHL team

Old
02-11-2006, 04:30 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
buffalo is playing tonight at 730 i think and theyve been showing programs on msg that arent scheduled to be showed. on fsn there is supposed to be college ball later, so i think that will show and the ******* Sabres will give the rangers the boot on msg
I totally feel your pain man. I go to college in Rochester and they NEVER show the Rangers and i wanna throw my huge economics textbook through the TV and hit that annoying Sabre announcer right in the mouth. ....sorry bout that. yea, i know how you feel.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Oh I agree, but his coach said he could become a Brashear-type, he's been working his butt off in practice, and he's held his own in every game. How can you say that about him? I'm sure he can be a great fighter who will be able to play every game and bang everyone around just like the 1 or 2 guys on every other NHL team
The key words there are "could become." He's not close yet and he's not a lock to get there.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77
I totally feel your pain man. I go to college in Rochester and they NEVER show the Rangers and i wanna throw my huge economics textbook through the TV and hit that annoying Sabre announcer right in the mouth. ....sorry bout that. yea, i know how you feel.
i go to school at syracuse and i actually do get the majority of the rangers games, but they are blacked out sometimes. yea- that buffalo announcer is awful. he has a heart attack if a Sabre player is within ten feet of the puck. i have never heard such a bad announcer in my life- he is so bias and painful to listen to.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Osminator

what do the rangers have to lose if they do manage to mold colton orr into a respectable 4th line player who will avg. about 7-10 minutes to bang, hit and occupy the opponent and who will be a force in fights?

Old
02-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Zil

Quote:
i go to school at syracuse and i actually do get the majority of the rangers games, but they are blacked out sometimes. yea- that buffalo announcer is awful. he has a heart attack if a Sabre player is within ten feet of the puck. i have never heard such a bad announcer in my life- he is so bias and painful to listen to.
I dunno. If you ever hear the Nashville guys through the center ice package, they're pretty bad. They don't say "Predators win," they say "we win."

Old
02-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Osminator

Quote:
the buffalo guy is sooo biased and he has the same lame lines as the penguins announcer (who is more mellow) such as "smoked him like a cigar" or "where momma hides da cookies"... awefull...

Old
02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator
the buffalo guy is sooo biased and he has the same lame lines as the penguins announcer (who is more mellow) such as "smoked him like a cigar" or "where momma hides da cookies"... awefull...
How does one use that line?

Old
02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
shoothepuck

TBBB, another diatribe on your pros (no cons), about how Orr should be in the lineup every night. It's OK to see him in a game or two, but there is just no justification for the "play Orr" every game. It's the NHL, (not the UFC, which you can watch on the SPIKE channel). Skating is a pre-requisite in ice hockey, but so are most of the other hockey related skills, which Orr lacks, therefore he sits. Do you really believe that Orr is the main reason the Rangers win games, and that with him in the line-up, they will continue to win? Are you confusing him with Bobby? His main skill, fighting, is not needed every game, and when he gets a chance to show it, he didn't KO Brashier, (or break his face as we are continually reminded he can do to other hockey players). You say, you're sure he'll develop skills, but mid-way through the season is no time to try to acquire skills needed to play in the NHL. You say, he can give everyone on the bench a sense of comfort, but so could a hooker. If his comforting sense was needed every night, Renney would have him sitting in the middle of the bench. For Orr to play, you have to sit Hollweg/Ville/Hossa or others, (not that Hossa or Ville shouldn't sit every now and then), but even then, others in the minors could be called up, others with better skills. We've seen what Orr can and can't do, and he can't do much right now. If he could, he would be sent down, but for now he rides the pine until his one skill is needed, and with Renney making the call, pacifism comes first. Hopefully Orr can have a good camp next year, get in better playing shape and become a well rounded player. As a one dimensional player he will get limited use, and even then at the expense of better skilled players.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilvikingRangerFan
How does one use that line?
when someone scores a goal topshelf.
example: he buried the puck where momma hides da cookies...

Old
02-11-2006, 04:58 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilvikingRangerFan
I dunno. If you ever hear the Nashville guys through the center ice package, they're pretty bad. They don't say "Predators win," they say "we win."
ive heard the predators announcers before. they are very bias towards towards the predators- no doubt but they are hall of fame announcers compared to the buffalo guys. im talking in terms of just announcing the game. the buffalo dude screams when the Sabres have the puck, hes annoying, and his voice cracks out of excitement. when they score he goes scooooooooooooooooooore and theres a big screach in his voice. like the rochester dude said you just want to take a textbook and hit him

Old
02-11-2006, 05:02 PM
The Dawg*

it really shows you how great sam and jd are

Old
02-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Luckily I'll be getting the game tonight, just not on MSG. I should be getting the Leafs feed (HNIC) from the canadian channel CKWS.

Old
02-11-2006, 05:20 PM
The Dawg*

firefly- where in new york are you at?

Old
02-11-2006, 05:21 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
TBBB, another diatribe on your pros (no cons), about how Orr should be in the lineup every night. It's OK to see him in a game or two, but there is just no justification for the "play Orr" every game. It's the NHL, (not the UFC, which you can watch on the SPIKE channel). Skating is a pre-requisite in ice hockey, but so are most of the other hockey related skills, which Orr lacks, therefore he sits. Do you really believe that Orr is the main reason the Rangers win games, and that with him in the line-up, they will continue to win? Are you confusing him with Bobby? His main skill, fighting, is not needed every game, and when he gets a chance to show it, he didn't KO Brashier, (or break his face as we are continually reminded he can do to other hockey players). You say, you're sure he'll develop skills, but mid-way through the season is no time to try to acquire skills needed to play in the NHL. You say, he can give everyone on the bench a sense of comfort, but so could a hooker. If his comforting sense was needed every night, Renney would have him sitting in the middle of the bench. For Orr to play, you have to sit Hollweg/Ville/Hossa or others, (not that Hossa or Ville shouldn't sit every now and then), but even then, others in the minors could be called up, others with better skills. We've seen what Orr can and can't do, and he can't do much right now. If he could, he would be sent down, but for now he rides the pine until his one skill is needed, and with Renney making the call, pacifism comes first. Hopefully Orr can have a good camp next year, get in better playing shape and become a well rounded player. As a one dimensional player he will get limited use, and even then at the expense of better skilled players.
It's hard for me to believe that, because when I look around the league almost every team has "an Orr type" player, and all the successful teams certainly do. I'm telling you, if all these other "heavyweight" fighters in the NHL can skate night in and night out and play on their team's 4th line, I don't see why Orr can't. I have no problem with Marcel Hossa as a top 6 forward, but I do as a bottom 6. He's a bad goal scorer, and most teams don't have room for that, I don't know why we do. Ville Nieminen is a solid at best player. His style is rarely successful, he plays lackidazical and takes stupid penalties. Trust me man, if I saw that there was no room for Orr, I wouldn't be arguing

Old
02-11-2006, 05:28 PM
StartLundqvist

I wouldn't mind seeing Orr play but I want to keep the HMO line together and I'm not sure if Orr deserves the playing time he will get on that 3rd line.

Closed Thread