HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk - Helen Lovejoy Edition

Old
04-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Jost, Sergachev and Chychrun were all fine by me on draft day. Jost really impressed me at the U20, though, whereas I feel like Sergachev has not taken the next step I wished he would this season. He's still very young, but I'm having more doubts about him now than I had a year ago.

We'll see how this goes. If the plan is to use Galchenyuk on the wings, we'll need to do something about our lack of C high end talent as soon as possible.
If the plan is to use Chuck on the wing then we might as well trade him now. And that's exactly what I think is going to happen in the offseason. Barring some great playoff run he's trade bait.

04-08-2017, 12:03 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
If the plan is to use Chuck on the wing then we might as well trade him now. And that's exactly what I think is going to happen in the offseason. Barring some great playoff run he's trade bait.
Yes he is. I believe it too.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source

The previous thread's been closed for 2 days, so is yesterday's PGT, which became a Chucky thread in itself, like the Out Of Town thread (trades) and many others (talk of the town), so surely there's a need for a new thread. Why not one that starts with an obvious wink?

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
At first I thought it was a way of making his cpa hit smaller by putting him in a place that he doesn't play as well. But with the narrative I have seen this year he is trade bait. I do look forward to seeing him flourish on another team while we get a borderline 2C in return but he will have GREAT kharacter.
I hope ontario gets one more team so I can start cheering for a team instead of getting pissed off at a terrible GM that managed to squander what we thought was our best squad in 30 years.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Why?

Because this team has an abundance of talented wingers?

Sorry LG, with all due respect

Where's the logic in that?

Have you ever considered that this whole center/wing thing is more of an issue for fans/media than it is for him?

Have you ever even for one second, considered that perhaps he prefers to play wing?

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill personally.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 11:06 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Why?

Have you ever considered that this whole center/wing thing is more of an issue for fans/media than it is for him?

Have you ever even for one second, considered that perhaps he prefers to play wing?

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill personally.
He did get publicly called out by Julien last night. And Julien RARELY if ever calls out a player publicly like that. That's his motto. Take the blame and let the players thrive. He called him out in front of the biggest press corps in the league, aside from Taranna's. That's significant.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 11:56 AM
the

vCash: 50
Maybe he liked Michel and he's sad that he's gone?

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
The previous thread's been closed for 2 days, so is yesterday's PGT, which became a Chucky thread in itself, like the Out Of Town thread (trades) and many others (talk of the town), so surely there's a need for a new thread. Why not one that starts with an obvious wink?

Nice

BTW, I moved a bunch of Chuck posts from the out of town to here in case you're wondering why your post is now the third one here. It comes in chronologically.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 04-08-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:01 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Maybe he liked Michel and he's sad that he's gone?
Checkmate, MT haters!

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Frank Drebin

Not sure whats up with him but he's cost himself a lot of money with his play this season. Hard to blame anyone but Alex right now.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Not sure whats up with him but he's cost himself a lot of money with his play this season. Hard to blame anyone but Alex right now.
Yes. He has only himself to blame.

Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
He did get publicly called out by Julien last night. And Julien RARELY if ever calls out a player publicly like that. That's his motto. Take the blame and let the players thrive. He called him out in front of the biggest press corps in the league, aside from Taranna's. That's significant.
Julien was answering the numerous questions asked to him by the journalists. He said very clearly that it was not his intention at all to throw his player under the bus (trainer dans la boue, in French) and that him and all the coaches will do their best to revive Galchy's game.

What would you had prefered CJ to answer ? "Next question, please !" ????... He said it very cleary that he did not want to spend all night answering questions about Galchenyuk.

it's not like MT coming up to the microphone last season and really crapping on Subban's errors vs Colorado.

Last edited by Victorius: 04-08-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Why?

Is this a serious question? Have you actually looked at our center lineup?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Hannibal
Fear the Weber

Can't stand him anymore.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 01:33 PM
blarneylad

vCash: 584
he hasn't been good but his OT goals are top in league!

oh and his points per game aren't shabby

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 01:38 PM
blarneylad

vCash: 584
Alex Galchenyuk is one of the few players who has not taken advantage of the arrival of Claude Julien with the Montreal Canadiens to relaunch his season, the young forward is struggling to establish himself as a star center and he doesn't seem to have the full confidence of his new coach.

Despite the struggles, Chucky can see his name climbing a very special statistic, as he surpassed the legend Maurice Richard for goals scored by a Canadiens player before reaching the age of 24 years.

Galchenyuk celebrated his 23rd birthday on February 12th and is already ranked 8th in the history of the Habs for goals scored before 24, and is currently only one goal away from joining Claude Lemieux for 7th.

This is not a trivial stat given that Nicolas Poulin of 25Stanley pointed outthat 6 of the 9 players who are on this list are now in the NHL Hall of Fame.

Is this more proof that Habs fans must be patient with Chucky and that he is going to enjoy a great future with the Montreal Canadiens.

Are you still confident that he will be an impact player in the NHL?

- http://www.gohabsgo.com/2017/03/26/a...d-in-a-very-i/

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 01:49 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
he hasn't been good but his OT goals are top in league!

oh and his points per game aren't shabby
Don't mention those things when you should rather be flinging mud.

Gallagher, Pacioretty, Price and Radulov all got the same level of extended, foolish hate at some point this season. All have injuries in common. It's okay to be critical of players, but sometimes the negativity is beyond reason.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 01:57 PM
DorianRR95

I was watching AG's highlights and goals from earlier this season, and I wondered what the hell happened to him!? I swear he actually had speed and was hustling so much more.

Anyone thinks he might've hit the gym a little too much and could benefit from dropping to 200lbs to gain more speed and agility ? nhl.com lists him as 210 but he does seem heavier these days.

There were rumours that he was out of shape. I can't remember where I saw it but does anybody know something about that ?

DorianRR95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 02:01 PM
scrubadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Don't mention those things when you should rather be flinging mud.

Gallagher, Pacioretty, Price and Radulov all got the same level of extended, foolish hate at some point this season. All have injuries in common. It's okay to be critical of players, but sometimes the negativity is beyond reason.
Agree but it should apply to both sides.

AG isn't a 3rd line winger, but he isn't also an elite franchise 1C in the mold of McDavid/Crosby/Schieflie or other top 10 1C's.

He hasn't been the same since coming back from injury but he still has put up points and his line has been playing pretty well lately.

I think CJ needs to deflect the pressure off him. I would like for the organization to basically say AG is a failure so media/fans stop paying attention to him so he can focus on hockey without all the "when will he be our top C" floating around all the time.

I bet once we all forget about AG for a bit he will start to strike and return to form.

scrubadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Turianel

Quote:
you use to blame MT and DD instead of see what was the problem... Now, you see who is galchy... sorry men... You may have being wrong on your analysis over a 1rst line center.

Right now Galchy is not good and look as he doesn't care. ANY HOCHEY PLAYER only dream for a minute in the NHL. I was playing in a LHJMQ arena for a tournament the last 2 days, love every minute of it.

Galchy is to blame, was giving a lot since in the league. What a waste of talent... Hell of a good start, but since he is back from injury...

Turianel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 02:10 PM
The Optimistic One
Go Habssss!!!

In before Galchenyuk blows up during the Playoffs, puts all his critics to shame and wins the Conn Smythe!

I believe if anyone can do it, it's him. The kid has so much talent, he's bound to blow up during Playoffs (and play like he did the end of last season/beginning of this season).

Go Chucky, prove everyone wrong!!

The Optimistic One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Turianel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Optimistic One View Post
In before Galchenyuk blows up during the Playoffs, puts all his critics to shame and wins the Conn Smythe!

I believe if anyone can do it, it's him. The kid has so much talent, he's bound to blow up during Playoffs (and play like he did the end of last season/beginning of this season).

Go Chucky, prove everyone wrong!!
I would love that. Play the hero! If he get the Conn Smythe, we have the cup!

But right now it'S a very very very long shoot!

Hope your right! GO Galchy! Start playing Hockey FGS!

Turianel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 02:19 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRR95 View Post
I was watching AG's highlights and goals from earlier this season, and I wondered what the hell happened to him!? I swear he actually had speed and was hustling so much more.

Anyone thinks he might've hit the gym a little too much and could benefit from dropping to 200lbs to gain more speed and agility ? nhl.com lists him as 210 but he does seem heavier these days.

There were rumours that he was out of shape. I can't remember where I saw it but does anybody know something about that ?
Um, his knee injury? Even if he's strong enough to skate, it could be several more months before he has his skating back to normal.

Old
04-08-2017, 02:24 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
Agree but it should apply to both sides.

AG isn't a 3rd line winger, but he isn't also an elite franchise 1C in the mold of McDavid/Crosby/Schieflie or other top 10 1C's.

He hasn't been the same since coming back from injury but he still has put up points and his line has been playing pretty well lately.

I think CJ needs to deflect the pressure off him. I would like for the organization to basically say AG is a failure so media/fans stop paying attention to him so he can focus on hockey without all the "when will he be our top C" floating around all the time.

I bet once we all forget about AG for a bit he will start to strike and return to form.
With all due respect Adam, we have no idea what his upside is. 5 years in the league where Galchenyuk has played probably less than a full year in total at centre. This on a team where the GM proclaimed him as a centre, yet, in cahoots with the coach, had him playing wing mostly. The questionable development in this franchise isn't restricted to the AHL.

Old
04-08-2017, 02:29 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRR95 View Post

He suffered a long term knee injury in the middle of the season.

It's pretty hard to do cardio when you're ordered to not exert your knee. He was put of shape, and is a step behind because of it.

NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote