HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk - Helen Lovejoy Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2017, 02:34 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
He's always late to plays, doesn't support his teammates, etc.

We all know what he's capable of. I hope he finds his game in the playoffs. We must be patient with him.

He's gonna be mad though, he will get a bridge contract.

Old
04-08-2017, 02:41 PM
scrubadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
With all due respect Adam, we have no idea what his upside is. 5 years in the league where Galchenyuk has played probably less than a full year in total at centre. This on a team where the GM proclaimed him as a centre, yet, in cahoots with the coach, had him playing wing mostly. The questionable development in this franchise isn't restricted to the AHL.
And with all due respect the 2012 draft was not a world beater. AG is still in the top 3 of players drafted and depending who you ask he might be the best.

At the end of the day you win some and you lose some. EDM drafted 4 times with the 1 OVA. They got the generational guy in McDavid, but they also took RNH/Yakupov/Hall.

To me AG is better than 2 of those guys and on par with Hall. So sometimes just because you draft in the top 5 you don't get a HOFer; you get a good player and thats what AG is a good player.

But I think you speak to my point which is that fans (and media) can't stop fantasizing that AG will become that 1C we have not had since Damphose. Time to move past that. If he breaks out so be it but its better to stop blaming everyone and imagining something AG isn't and accept him for what he is.

Old
04-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Hannibal
Fear the Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian General View Post

We all know what he's capable of. I hope he finds his game in the playoffs. We must be patient with him.

Don't care if he's mad. He deserved it.

He sucks, he's lazy and he doesn't even compete.

Old
04-08-2017, 02:47 PM
DorianRR95

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Um, his knee injury? Even if he's strong enough to skate, it could be several more months before he has his skating back to normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSix View Post
He suffered a long term knee injury in the middle of the season.

It's pretty hard to do cardio when you're ordered to not exert your knee. He was put of shape, and is a step behind because of it.
I know the knee injury is probably still causing discomfort and affecting his skating. The rumours I read were about his lifestyle and how he was going out late drinking with his buddies. But then again it was a french source and I know they're pretty hard on the players and their lifestyle and tend to exaggerate things.

As for cardio, he's been back for more than 30 games. He should be on the same beat as everyone else on this team. Definitely should not be a step behind in terms of cardio.

Old
04-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Turianel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRR95 View Post
I know the knee injury is probably still causing discomfort and affecting his skating. The rumours I read were about his lifestyle and how he was going out late drinking with his buddies. But then again it was a french source and I know they're pretty hard on the players and their lifestyle and tend to exaggerate things.

As for cardio, he's been back for more than 30 games. He should be on the same beat as everyone else on this team. Definitely should not be a step behind in terms of cardio.
Can you "French discredit" stop! men that pathetic... It montreal 87% of the people of French. there 87% more chance a French source see him doing stupid thing in Montreal....

He is bad on ICE... Everybody sees it... why you have to put racist comment...

Galchy don't care playing for Montreal right now, it clear so clear on ICE.

Old
04-08-2017, 02:58 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Optimistic One View Post
In before Galchenyuk blows up during the Playoffs, puts all his critics to shame and wins the Conn Smythe!

I believe if anyone can do it, it's him. The kid has so much talent, he's bound to blow up during Playoffs (and play like he did the end of last season/beginning of this season).

Go Chucky, prove everyone wrong!!
Don't hold your breath.

The more physical style of the playoffs doesn't suit him at all. It's about cycling the puck and winning battles, two things he's too weak to do.

I mean 10 points in 22 career playoff games. 2 in his last 10. Amazing. I can't wait for it.

Last edited by le_sean: 04-08-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old
04-08-2017, 03:03 PM
DorianRR95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turianel View Post
Can you "French discredit" stop! men that pathetic... It montreal 87% of the people of French. there 87% more chance a French source see him doing stupid thing in Montreal....

He is bad on ICE... Everybody sees it... why you have to put racist comment...

Galchy don't care playing for Montreal right now, it clear so clear on ICE.
I'm 100% french canadian, there's nobody in my family who's first language is english. Those are not at all racist comments. I'm just looking at things objectively and the truth is french journalists and fans generally have an extremely short leash and the bashing some players receive by analysts at RDS (during l'Antichambre especially) sometimes are unbearable. And don't get me started on journalists of the Journal de Montréal.

Now I agree with you that because there are more french speaking people, we hear more about the french media. But while that is true, there is much less bashing from analysts on Sportsnet, CBC or TSN...

Old
04-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Turianel

We want player that love and do all the sacrifice to get the cup here!

Galchy did not do that at any game since he is back...

He has to decide if he want the be a hero for us or just a other professional talented hockey player of the NHL.

The story will be on ice, not on public board.

Go hab go!

Old
04-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Optimistic One View Post
In before Galchenyuk blows up during the Playoffs, puts all his critics to shame and wins the Conn Smythe!

I believe if anyone can do it, it's him. The kid has so much talent, he's bound to blow up during Playoffs (and play like he did the end of last season/beginning of this season).

Go Chucky, prove everyone wrong!!
I just love the username to thread content relation.

Chuck exploding would be absolutely huge for us this spring.

Old
04-08-2017, 03:17 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian General View Post

He'll probably get traded anyways.

04-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Stoneburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
He sucks, he's lazy and he doesn't even compete.
You know you are talking about they guy with the second highest PPG on the team right?

Old
04-08-2017, 03:52 PM
LaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
AG is 100% out of Montreal. Big test for MB this summer. As far as i'm concerned it's the last summer i'm waiting for 1st line center. And by 1st line center i'm not talking about crosby. Just prime time Koivu would do the job.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:02 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
And with all due respect the 2012 draft was not a world beater. AG is still in the top 3 of players drafted and depending who you ask he might be the best.

At the end of the day you win some and you lose some. EDM drafted 4 times with the 1 OVA. They got the generational guy in McDavid, but they also took RNH/Yakupov/Hall.

To me AG is better than 2 of those guys and on par with Hall. So sometimes just because you draft in the top 5 you don't get a HOFer; you get a good player and thats what AG is a good player.

But I think you speak to my point which is that fans (and media) can't stop fantasizing that AG will become that 1C we have not had since Damphose. Time to move past that. If he breaks out so be it but its better to stop blaming everyone and imagining something AG isn't and accept him for what he is.
I agree that picks come with no guarantees. The point is that Bergevin is responsible for all aspects of hockey, including development. I hope you're not going to try to convince anyone that Chucky had every opportunity to develop into a 1st line centre. They've dropped the ball on him so far, as far as I can see.

Development at the NHL level is doubly important when a pick skips over the AHL. It's bad enough his ice time hasn't increased much, if at all, since the team clinched. But he's also being played on LW, by far his weakest of the 3 forward positions he can play. The team should be doing everything possible to get him going. I don't see that they are at all.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:03 PM
OnTheRun
Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaP View Post
AG is 100% out of Montreal. Big test for MB this summer. As far as i'm concerned it's the last summer i'm waiting for 1st line center. And by 1st line center i'm not talking about crosby. Just prime time Koivu would do the job.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:16 PM
BrendanGallagher11

Wheres the galchenyuk that was sniping power play goals at the end of last season ??

Old
04-08-2017, 04:17 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanGallagher11 View Post
Wheres the galchenyuk that was sniping power play goals at the end of last season ??
He's not being used on his off-side... I don't know why

Old
04-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Turianel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
He's not being used on his off-side... I don't know why
He does not want to be there... That the main problem. It is so simple. Anybody playing team sport should see it. He need to put down hus ego and start to let his talent speak.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:27 PM
The Nightman
Plateaued User

It appears King will be taking Galchenyuk's spot on the Shaw-Lehkonen line tonight.

Galchenyuk playing with Marty and Ott.

He's as good as gone in the off season.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:33 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nightman View Post
It appears King will be taking Galchenyuk's spot on the Shaw-Lehkonen line tonight.

Lmao.

Oh boy.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:34 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
To Nashville?

Old
04-08-2017, 04:35 PM
le_sean

I would have at least tried him at C with Shaw and Lehkonen. But it just goes to show you what they think of him. He really only has himself to blame as much as people like to **** on Therrien.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Victorius

Quote:

If Galchy does not understand the message, he will never....

Old
04-08-2017, 04:45 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 416
Quote:

Yep, he's gone.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:47 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorius View Post
If Galchy does not understand the message, he will never....
He probably thinks he's playing hard and it's just a break like the good players are getting.

Old
04-08-2017, 04:54 PM
The Nightman
Plateaued User

Quote:
Yep, he's gone.
It's really unfortunate the way his season went down. At the beginning of the year he managed to carry over the momentum he built at the end of last season, but then the injury happened, and he never seemed to look comfortable or confident after that.

It's still a little strange to me how we never got to see the line that was working so well early on (Byron-Galchenyuk-Radulov) reunited at any point.

Closed Thread