HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk - Helen Lovejoy Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2017, 01:19 PM
LaP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident Ghost View Post
CJ just got here and Galchenyuk's already in the dog house. I don't see a future for him in this organisation. Right now he looks like a square peg. If he's traded, I hope it's for a king's ransom though.
It wont be a king's ransom unless he is extraordinary in playoffs. Other DGs are not dumb. They know he's done here specially if he has an average playoffs run. AG himself looks like a guy who know he's done here right now and just waiting to be traded.

At this point i just hope he wont be traded for a Gomez or Linden. That's my only hope. If we can get an average top 6 guy able to help for at least 5 or 6 years i'll be relatively happy. Not happy like wow that's awesome i just won the lotto but happy like i did not expect anything to happen but i still got a little something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
And that's just the present we're talking about. If we look at the big picture MT is the real problem here. Totally messed up his development.
I don't think MT messed up his development. But i do think we should have known way earlier what we had in hands with AG and a decision to keep him or trade him should have been done a good year or even two before now. There was absolutely not point playing any other guys as a 1st line center the last 2 seasons. DD ad Plekanec were both thoroughly evaluated at this point and they both failed the test hard in playoffs.

He's never been good on the LW. I think only Damphouse and MB can't realize that. I think the whole **** planet hockey can see he's awful on the LW. Has been this way since day 1. Playing him there the last 2 seasons (before DD's injury last year) was one of the stupidest move I've ever see anyone in this organization make. And this includes any moves made by Houle.

I would like to blame CJ. But with the Subban - Weber trade we have no time to waste developing players in such an important position anymore. It should have been done 2 or even 3 years before now. Blaming CJ is blaming someone for his predecessor mistakes.

Last edited by montreal: 04-10-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old
04-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!

vCash: 386
As an outside observer, I'm shocked reading this thread.

Galchenyuk seems like the Habs only hope for a true # 1 C within the foreseeable future, and he's only 23. Why trade him?

He seems to fill a need for you guys in the present, and he and Sergachev seem to be the Habs two major long-term building blocks.

If I were you guys, I wouldn't trade him unless it was for another young player with # 1 C upside, and those types of 1-for-1 deals don't happen often (although, we obviously just saw the Subban/Weber deal go down).

Trading him for a guy like Duchene doesn't make any sense to me, given Duchene's age and his struggles this season.

Last edited by Neil Hamburger: 04-09-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old
04-09-2017, 01:56 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Hamburger View Post

Galchenyuk seems like the Habs only hope for a true # 1 C within the foreseeable future, and he's only 23. Why trade him?

He seems to fill a need for you guys in the present, and he and Sergachev seem to be the Habs two major long-term building blocks.

If I were you guys, I wouldn't trade him unless it was for another young player with # 1 C upside, and those types of 1-for-1 deals don't happen often (although, we obviously just saw the Subban/Weber deal go down).

Trading him for a guy like Duchene doesn't make any sense to me, given Duchene's age and his struggles this season.
You must not have read the habs board much

Every time a player is struggling, he must be traded
It was the same when Pacioretty was struggling at the beginning of the season, when Price struggled at mid-season, when Gallagher struggled earlier, etc.

Watch Galchenyuk score a goal in two consecutive playoff game, and then the posters who keeps wanting to trade slumping players will stop talking about trading Gachenyuk...

Old
04-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!

vCash: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
You must not have read the habs board much

Every time a player is struggling, he must be traded
It was the same when Pacioretty was struggling at the beginning of the season, when Price struggled at mid-season, when Gallagher struggled earlier, etc.

Watch Galchenyuk score a goal in two consecutive playoff game, and then the posters who keeps wanting to trade slumping players will stop talking about trading Gachenyuk...
I'm a Leaf fan, and I thought we were tough on our players when they're slumping. Rielly had some issues coming back from injury this year, and a lot of people were down on him, but there wasn't any real talk of trading him. I guess that might be because you guys need to contend now while Price and Weber are in their primes.

Old
04-09-2017, 02:15 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I'm a Leaf fan, and I thought we were tough on our players when they're slumping. Rielly had some issues coming back from injury this year, and a lot of people were down on him, but there wasn't any real talk of trading him. I guess that might be because you guys need to contend now while Price and Weber are in their primes.
and lo and behold Galchenyuk just came back from injury! What are the odds!

He's better than this. All this crap about him 'knowing he's gonna be traded' and all that. We've seen players with similar injuries (the others' were more severe mind you) and needed time to get some mobility back.

I'm not saying he won't be traded or it would be inherently foolish to do so (depends on the return of course) but the kid's better than this and we just happen to have a great player's coach who could surely help him.

Old
04-09-2017, 02:22 PM
greyboy67

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't want him traded but now I could certainly see it happening if CJ wants it although you would hope he would have learned a lesson from trading away tyler seguin as I'm guessing he at least had some say in it. That said I would be very interested to see what a package of Galchenyuk, 2017 1st round, Beaulieu and Scherbak could get us. This team badly needs help down the middle, and we got to improve the offense if we want to compete with the likes of the hawks, pens, caps, etc.. Going to be an interesting off-season for sure.
The Seguin example is a good one, even thought Sequin was still only 21-22 in his breakout year with Dallas. But Chucky has already put up a 30-goal season and he's certainly capable of doing it again.

It's likely his playoff performance will factor into the Canadiens' plans. If the Habs are knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round I can see him being moved for proven talent to fuel a balls-out run at the Cup in the final year of Price's contract. (I would love to see Thornton here next season on a one-year deal but someone GM will give him a bloated multi-year package.)

Old
04-09-2017, 02:34 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboy67 View Post
The Seguin example is a good one, even thought Sequin was still only 21-22 in his breakout year with Dallas. But Chucky has already put up a 30-goal season and he's certainly capable of doing it again.

It's likely his playoff performance will factor into the Canadiens' plans. If the Habs are knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round I can see him being moved for proven talent to fuel a balls-out run at the Cup in the final year of Price's contract. (I would love to see Thornton here next season on a one-year deal but someone GM will give him a bloated multi-year package.)
If the habs decide to trade Galchenyuk they would want to get someone back who can play 1C.
But Galchenyuk's contract end this season, which team would be willing to trade their 1C for a guy who they don't know if they will be able to resign and for how much
I don't see Galchenyuk being traded.

Old
04-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident Ghost View Post
CJ just got here and Galchenyuk's already in the dog house. I don't see a future for him in this organisation. Right now he looks like a square peg. If he's traded, I hope it's for a king's ransom though.
Highly unlikely he gets a Kings ransom. I think he gets traded for Fowler.

Old
04-09-2017, 03:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
That would be awful.

He should be moved for a C, period.

Old
04-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Uncle Gary
Habs/Preds

I like most of what Julien has done so far but his management of Galchenyuk is not one of them. He is placed in his weakest position (LW) in an effort to get his confidence back but it is making the situation worse. It also makes no sense with the center depth we currently have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That would be awful.

I like to hope that even MB isn't that stupid.

Last edited by montreal: 04-10-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old
04-09-2017, 04:56 PM
greyboy67

Considering Galchenyuk is an RFA, is it more likely the Canadiens would sign him first and then trade him? I'm not clear on the rules. Can anyone clarify this?

Old
04-09-2017, 05:03 PM
lou4gehrig
Sergachev 2nd best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary View Post
I like most of what Julien has done so far but his management of Galchenyuk is not one of them. He is placed in his weakest position (LW) in an effort to get his confidence back but it is making the situation worse. It also makes no sense with the center depth we currently have.
While I do agree with your sentiment, I simply think that he realizes that there's alot of work to be done with Chucky. I mostly blame the previous coach for killing his confidence and not developing him enough. I think he's shelving the center idea until the summer when he can start fresh in CJ's system. And in the meantime, he can shelter him and let him focus on his offense. We're one of the best teams things CJ arrived so it's hard to disagree too much.

Old
04-09-2017, 05:03 PM
OnTheRun
Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboy67 View Post
Considering Galchenyuk is an RFA, is it more likely the Canadiens would sign him first and then trade him? I'm not clear on the rules. Can anyone clarify this?
If they don't want to keep AG they won't re-sign him, they will trade his rights, which give them a lot more flexibility.

They kinda need to cover their butts in case of hostile offers tho, so he would need to be traded before July 1st.

Old
04-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
youre nuts if you think he doesnt get traded for a true number 1 center

bergevin is many things but not a total complete idiot who knows this team is missing 1 glaring thing more than anything in the world, even the leafs just ****ing got one, a true number 1 center

if they dont think Alex can become that, he will be traded for one, or he becomes one and were saved

but as things have been going... im utterly devastated they may of ruined his career in montreal thru mis-use, its sickening

Old
04-09-2017, 05:18 PM
kalessin

I hope you chowderheads realize other teams aren't stupid. If you think he's not good enough to be a top center, other teams won't either. We won't get the guy you want in a trade. How stupid is it to sell low?

Give him linemates and let him play, you know, the position you drafted him for. Otherwise might as well dump him for futures cause you won't get value.

Old
04-09-2017, 05:20 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
Quote:

This same thing happens with every struggling player in Montreal.

Every. Single. One.

People ragged on Price, Gallagher, and Pacioretty and demanded for them to be traded. Its like these same posters just can't wrap their heads around serious injuries totally derailing a player's progress. We see it time and time again.

It's sad, and they'll be the first to totally rage when he tears it up with a new team if he is traded. People around here are so hive-mind and short sighted. Its best to just laugh at some of these posts and then just enjoy the games.

Old
04-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That would be awful.

If they get a 1C in a separate trade, I'm okay with trading him for Fowler.

Old
04-09-2017, 05:48 PM
The Great Pateryn

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
If they get a 1C in a separate trade, I'm okay with trading him for Fowler.
Still no. We need 2 top 6 C's. Nothing else even matters until this MAJOR problem is fixed.

Old
04-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Pateryn View Post
Still no. We need 2 top 6 C's. Nothing else even matters until this MAJOR problem is fixed.
They have Danault who can be a Top-6 C. And then there is the possibility that they sign someone like Shipachev from the KHL who can also help on the Top-6 C position, as well. Shipachev is a guess, Danault isn't since we know he's under contract next year.

My first option would be to keep Galchenyuk. His issues now could be a case of his injury is still not 100% healed (and probably won't be until next season) and he lacks confidence. If at least the confidence comes back, he can still be deadly even with a nagging injury.

However, I'm open to him being traded. Ideally it would be to get a Top-6 C. But if he gets traded for a guy like Fowler (or Lindholm), which would address the 1LD. Then we can look to get that Top-6 C in a separate trade. In such a case, we address two of our biggest needs. One is a Top-6 C and one is a 1LD.

I don't think we need 2 Top-6 C's like you say.

Last edited by Adam Michaels: 04-09-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old
04-09-2017, 09:53 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 542
Apparently Galchenyuk sets a new franchise record for overtime winners, and he's tied for first place in league history with Toews and Stamkos for most ever in a season.

Would have been funny it that Galchenyuk OT goal wouldn't have deflected off of Byron's junk.

Old
04-09-2017, 10:44 PM
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi

Quote:

People on HF like to overreact. He's been terrible lately but that's not too bad considering we need to resign him. If the habs trade him, it won't be for nothing. Everyone is well aware of what he can do.

Old
04-10-2017, 01:01 AM
TRG
Bye Marky :(

He won't be traded.

Old
04-10-2017, 11:19 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Old
04-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Hardworker33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
This can't be real..

Nice knowing you Chucky! (Guy is gone this summer, sadly).

I'll predict

Galchenyuk + Beaulieu for Couture + Dillon

Old
04-10-2017, 11:33 AM
DXStriker

It's happening . Tony is already laying the make fans open to the idea groundwork .

Although this all seems familiar to before Subban had to sign his big contract they limited his minutes and did a bunch of stuff with him

Closed Thread